Presidents Volunteer Service Award

• Creator
    Topic
    Disturbed
    Participant

Award Criteria

Any individual, family or group that meets the program’s criteria can receive Presidential recognition for volunteer hours served over a 12-month period or over the course of a lifetime. Criteria for recognition are:

Recipients must be United States citizens or lawfully admitted permanent residents of the United States.

Awards are issued for service hours served within a 12-month time period or over the course of a lifetime.

Awards are issued for volunteer service only. Additional levels of participation with the organization, i.e. charitable support, are not a factor considered for the award.

Court-ordered community service does not qualify for the award.

Awards are issued by approved Certifying Organizations.

Service must be with an organization that is legally established in the United States, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or one of the territories.

The Award

Award recipients can choose among different options for award recognition:

The official President’s Volunteer Service Award pin

A personalized certificate of achievement

A congratulatory letter from the president of the United States

A combination of all three of the above

Disturbed
    Participant

So let us be clear…Zhang Gil jah was not awarded this because she is not an American citizen.

Disturbed
    Participant

Disturbed
    Participant

Funny thing…the church used to have this award prominently displayed on the watv website. I can’t find it there at this time. Someone else mind taking a look.

Maybe they’re preparing the denial for that. We never “said” we received that award.

The Unknown
    Participant

Disturbed and stained I responded to both of you in the 37 years or 21 years forum

Participant

Fallacy of Division – Assuming that what is true of the whole is true for the parts.

The WMSCOG has hundreds of legitimiate awards, the desire of any members to see if we could also get awarded this one does not by any means prove any malicious intent by the WMSCOG.

I know that you enjoy trivializing our numerous and many community services, and if some natural disaster destroys your life and you do not want our help please just let us know and we will be glad to ignore you.

Disturbed
    Participant

Yeah….just like Zhang was in Newsweek magazine 4/2012. I saw it in one of the church videos. That was a fraud too! I bet you didn’t think anyone would verify that one did you?

Simon
    Participant

Strawman fallacy. refuting an argument the other side isn’t making

Participant

Shifting the goalposts.

We're talking about awards, some of which have been handed to us in person by officials and princes and presidents. In fact theres lots of pictures of the awards handed to us physically by people who were not at all decieved, and in the contrary spoke very highly of us. I've even seen a few videos from news about the commendations given to us.

But apparently you can't face the fact that we're good people who do nice things.

Cry more.

As a matter of fact, here:

http://usa.watv.org/awards/list.asp

Go and write a letter to each and every one of theese people, and tell them about how maliciously we decieved them! Tell them that we doctored photos for cleanups and disaster relief, and that we never gave any old people free meals.

Go and tell them that they never handed any awards to us by hand, then come back and tell me how hard you got laughed at.

Simon
    Participant

Strawman

noone in this thread said you never legitimately received awards

genny
    Participant

This is from another thread (https://www.examiningthewmscog.com/forum/topic.php?id=13&page=5&replies=154), but it relates more here:

The Unknown wrote:

Here is another thing that none of you slanderers can answer, if the WMSCOG is guilty of TAX FRAUD in the "Millions" like you slanderers claim, then how come President Barak Obama, and the UN didn't catch it? Do you really believe the President wouldn't know he gave a Call of service award to a money laundering organization who owes millions in bad taxes? You slanderers also say that the WMSCOG "nominated themselves and cheated" to receive that Presidential Award. And it wasn't hard earned. Really??? LOL And the president and the whole white house organization that was associated with WMSCOG receiving that award, just missed that one too, huh, and blindly gave it to us??  The catholic church was exposed by the Media and Government for their scandals, so was the mormon church, so was the unification church. However, WMSCOG is being praised and elevated by the governments (plural) in all parts of the world. I guess thats also Part of the WMSCOG's big money making scandal too,

You should know that these awards and their accompanying letters from the president are processed electronically.  The President wouldn't necessarily know who's getting the awards, and in fact there is a link on the website where you can report suspected fraud because how can they keep track of the many orders that come through for the awards? (http://www.presidentialserviceawards.gov/)

He doesn't sign all the awards and letters personally either.  They are forms, and to order you just type in the name you want on the award / letter.  You can even order them blank to fill in the name later on your own.

I really think you don't understand how this award works, The Unknown.  I received an award (Presidential Physical Fitness Award) from a President too.  It is special to me, but I'm not fooled in any way into thinking that President actually knew who I was, and it was obviously not signed personally.

The WMSCOG may do a lot of community service, and they may have some legitimate awards, but this problem casts a dark shadow on all of that.

Participant

Genny

Sure, its not like most of them are delivered by hand or anything.

Oh wait, they are.

You obviously missed the pictures of us shaking hands with many of the officials who in those same pictures are handing us the awards.

Or the videos.

But you know what?

I’ll tell you the same thing. If you feel so strongly about it go and mail the offices of all those administrations. Go and inform them we “slipped a fast one” by them to cheat our way into awards.

Then come back and let me know how many of them laughed at you.

genny
    Participant

I was speaking specifically about the Presidential Service Award.  Do you really have a video or picture of the President handing over those awards?  Please share.  That would put the matter to rest wouldn't it.

Participant

Not that specific award no. I do’t know exactly under what context we assumed it was good to apply for one. Maybe someone told us to from the administration, maybe someone who didn’t know what they were talking about reccomended it to us. Maybe someone mis-read something. Or maybe people are just over-reacting because we actually got what we applied for.

I do not know of a picture for that specific award but you guys are making up all theese malicious assumptions about it when in reality YOU HAVE NO IDEA who we did or did not talk to to get it.

You just see something easy to pick on and villify it. You know what the people who we helped said? “Oh God bless you truly you deserve it!” Thier gratitude makes it more legitimate to me than any “foux-poux” in the paperwork process.

Disturbed
    Participant

First of all…no one is saying the community service wasn’t done. What I’m saying is Zhang nor anyone on behalf of the Korean location could have applied for this award. Some members did the community service and when it came time for the award to be printed Zhang’s name was put on it.

Participant

So what?

We have American members of American Zions that do American cleanups and hurricaine relief. Are you seriously that butthurt about us being recognized?

You must really hate it when people tell us “we love you!” Maybe you should get your nose out of where it doesnt belong?

You aren’t going to change anyone’s mind because you can criticize one of our awards, in fact they will hate you instead of us for criticizing the award and the good deeds it represents which they were thankful for. Such opinions in fact I have already heard.

This thread just makes you look like a tool.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Why is Zahng's name on the service award if she wasn't at the cleanup, isn't recognized as anyone to the organization, and has never been to America?

Disturbed
    Participant

144,000…why so angry? No one is butthurt as you say. I was just exposing one item of potential fraud on behalf of Zhang. I applaud all the community service you all have recently begun doing in America. Some years back no one would even discuss the idea of community service. Perhaps it’s a media campaign to help the image of the church?! Look at us, we do good deeds.

Matthew 6: 1-4 “Be careful not to do your ‘acts of righteousness’ before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven. So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. “

Disturbed
    Participant

So according to the words of God, WMSCOG has received their reward-the reward from man, from organizations, from worldly “leaders”, etc. Reward in full

genny
    Participant

144000 wrote:

So what?

We have American members of American Zions that do American cleanups and hurricaine relief. Are you seriously that butthurt about us being recognized?

You must really hate it when people tell us "we love you!" Maybe you should get your nose out of where it doesnt belong?

You aren't going to change anyone's mind because you can criticize one of our awards, in fact they will hate you instead of us for criticizing the award and the good deeds it represents which they were thankful for. Such opinions in fact I have already heard.

This thread just makes you look like a tool.

So are you basically saying that the ends justify the means?  That the wmscog members do so much service, that they deserve an award to show for it, and so do Kim and Zahng for leading the organization?  Never mind that it's an award they aren't technically elligible for?

To me this shows that the wmscog is more interested in the recognition than the service–they like to be thanked and to show off their good deeds as much as possible.  I believe an organization that was more interested in the service than the recognition wouldn't care about showing off awards–they would just be glad the service got done and people got help, even if they weren't publically thanked for it.

Participant

To me it shows that you guys have no idea under what pretenses the award was applied for, and you want to call it fraud when in reality there are plenty of perfectly innocent explanations for how it could have happened.

Did it occur to you that maybe it was originally in the name of an american then somebody said “lets dedicate this to mother!” With no intent to decieve anyone?

Did it occur to you that maybe this award came reccomended by an official so we did paperwork thinking it was okay?

There is a reason for everything, and I am faithful. But, No! It has to be fruad! Out of all the possibilities you could speculate, you jump to the conclusion of intentional fraud because in your complete ignorance and overbearing hate it is literally beyond you to ever give us the benfit of the doubt.

We didn’t bring up the topic of awards, you started this topic, so don’t start preaching like we’re waving them around to get recognition because we’re not. In fact as of now I’ve officially spent more time talking to you people about them than I’ve heard in wmscog in all my years put together. That is the depth of your incorrect assumption.

We’re not talking about an individual’s good deeds, were talking about events which are already public and renowned by their very nature. We are not taking a secret thing and then flaunting it, but you people are so obtuse its painful to read.

I have nothing more to say your ignorance is clear to read for any future members.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.