"WMSCOG uses history & science to prove everything they believe in"

• Creator
    Topic
    admin
    Participant

This comment was originally posted in response to "Is the World Mission Society Church of God a Cult? — Part 1 Hassan" on 4/13/13.

Jennifer L. says:

WMSCOG uses history & science to prove everything they believe in. They don't outright tell you what they believe in because non-believers would not take them seriously. Through studies people figure out the truth,  that's why they are encouraged to come to studies to figure it out for themselves. The bible explains that it is VERY important to preach whenever you can. Preaching is not anything out of the ordinary when it comes to religion. Yes, it's true that pagan holidays are not celebrated such as christmas, halloween, easter, etc because those holidays are not anywhere in the bible and WMSCOG soley goes by the bible. You ARE allowed to have friends outside of the church and you of course have friends within church. The reason WMSCOG members spend so much time in church is bc they actually enjoy it, not because they are forced to. The 7 feasts are very important to keep but if something such as work, school, or any sort of emergencies prevent you for going, god understands, it is not the end of the world. 

Your  research on WMSCOG is mostly inaccurate and sounds like you did not have reliable information (mostly all "former" WMSCOG members) who by the looks of it werent really members. WMSCOG is not a cult and if you'd like you should check it out for yourself.

Sarah2013
    Participant

I like….

Anonymous
    Inactive

So how does this help those of us with loved ones embedded get out?  That is the first thing they say to you when they are trying to convince you that they are for real. 

Joshua
    Participant

Jennifer L.

Thank you for posting here and sharing with us what you believe is right. Your approach so far is much better than many of the members of your group. We have been hit with daming comments and a series of how dare you's by many members of your group. You might feel the same way however, your approach way better.

I wish to address a few of your comments:

WMSCOG uses history & science to prove everything they believe in. They don't outright tell you what they believe in because non-believers would not take them seriously.

I hope that you will take the time to read through this website and some of the other websites that this website is linked to. You will find out that history that was taught to you by the WMSCOG is not accurate which by itself raises the question, Why do they choose to deceive their members? I'm not sure about the science you are refering to or what studies they prove correct with it. Perhaps you would share this with us. As far as not telling outsiders what they believe is appears to be more of a deception type approach. Many controlling – destructive groups use this kind of approach with people. If they came right out with it most people would not believe it. Even with studies many people will not be convinced. Some even feel mislead and deceived by things like being baptized without knowing what Ahnsahnghong is. Those of us that are here take the WMSCOG very seriously! We have spent thousands of hours collectively learning about the WMSCOG.

Yes, it's true that pagan holidays are not celebrated such as christmas, halloween, easter, etc because those holidays are not anywhere in the bible and WMSCOG soley goes by the bible.

Christians don't celebrate pagan holidays or worship any gods (elohim) except the one true God. The teachings about the holidays by the WMSCOG are a mixture of truth and lies. Before you were a member of this group did you ever make a willing sacrifice or offering to any of the pagan gods? (The Bible uses the term elohim to describe these other gods.) Have you ever taken time and worshipped the sun? I could be wrong and please feel free to correct me if I am but I am going to assume that you never did either of these things. By making the claim that everyone who celebrates one or all of these holidays are pagan or worshipping false gods it isolates you from everyone else. We do not serve a god of isolation as Christians. This is proven many times in the Bible. As far as the WMSCOG soley going by the Bible I want to bring us some obvious contradictions. 1)There are over a hundred scriptures that state and insinuate that there is only ONE TRUE GOD. 2)There are over a hundred scriptures that state that we are saved by faith and not by works! In order for the WMSCOG doctrine and teachings to be true you have to ignore or throw out over two hundred scriptures from the Word of God. It's things like this that we really don't agree with and strive to edjucate people about.

You ARE allowed to have friends outside of the church and you of course have friends within church.

They really can't stop you from doing this but they do discourage spending time with non-members unless you can bring them into the group.

Your  research on WMSCOG is mostly inaccurate and sounds like you did not have reliable information (mostly all "former" WMSCOG members) who by the looks of it werent really members. WMSCOG is not a cult and if you'd like you should check it out for yourself.

We are an open forum and even though some of the information is not entirely accurate the main bulk of this website has been well researched before the topics were introduced. We have a collection of WMS members, former members, affected family members, affected friends, complete outsiders, phylosophy and religious study students, and anyone else I might have missed. Were the members really members? They were just as much a member and just as dedicated to what they believed was the truth as you are right now. One of the biggest downfalls I have witnessed about members of the WMSCOG is that even though they say they checked out the WMSCOG before joining they really didn't. Most of the ex-members will tell you that basically they believe what the WMS told them without doing any outside research. This always stumps me! Why would you give your soul to something without finding out as much as you can first about it? When I started researching the WMSCOG I found out that this group posesses most of the cult like traites that the experts in the field look for. Don't misunderstand me here, many groups have cult like triats and are still not cults. From all of the information I have found I haven't been able to rule out the WMSCOG. This group is very steriotypical for a cult. I have checked it out from the outside looking in. From the inside a group will always claim not to be a cult so this would not be a fair and unbias way for anyone to research weather or not this group fits the profile.

Collectively the folks here represent hundreds and maybe even over a thousand years of knowledge about the WMSCOG. Here's just a hypothetical question for you: If you were a drug attict and you were looking for a way to get off of the drugs. Would you want advice from someone who doesn't know what you are going through or someone who has been in your shoes and knows how to beat it? I give the ex-members a lot of stock when it comes to knowing what it's like inside of the WMSCOG.

I hope that what I have shared with you seems fair and reasonable. If I offended you please forgive me as my only intention is to help. Your on the right track coming here and there are many people here who are willing to help. Do your own research outside of this group and its influence. The truth is out there but you need to find it for yourself. We can and will help if you want it.

genny
    Participant

Hi Jennifer.

I echo what Joshua has said, and I'd like to add one more thing…

You said, "The 7 feasts are very important to keep but if something such as work, school, or any sort of emergencies prevent you for going, god understands, it is not the end of the world. "

How long have you been with the WMSCOG?  I am guessing not very long.  I believe that you will eventually find this statement not to be true, and that they will tell you not to put work or school ahead of worshiping God by attending the feasts.  When this happens, I hope you will remember what you said and that you will begin to realize not everything is as it appears with the WMSCOG.  I hope you will come back and have a conversation about it.

Sarah2013
    Participant

I like this post because it gives room for clarity. Joshua, thanks for taking it on so well.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

I'm offended.. I am most definitely a former member. I've got pictures of myself in this church with other sisters. This female just called me a liar.

Sarah2013
    Participant

I am the least offended because everything presented on this site so far by ex members, friends or family of ex members, have correlated so far. When people believe what they are doing is right, when in fact it isn’t, they are more apt to insinuate. Don’t sweat the small stuff. God knows who is who. 🙂 Too many people expressing the same lack thereof with Wmscog.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

I'm sorry I'm not as good as you are but I get offended when someone calls me a liar when I'm not lying.

Sarah2013
    Participant

I understand.

emil
    Participant

Most people who post comments to the articles, don't come in here and comment on the forums even when their own comment is the thread starter. Jennifer, I welcome you to break from that tradition of hit-and-run and come and discuss your views here in the same polite, friendly manner you have shown in your original comment.

Simon
    Participant

The fact is I didn’t want to use the forum at the time I do think redirecting a comment from the comment section to the forum and.getting mad when people don’t join is immature and a bit deceptive

emil
    Participant

Simon wrote:

The fact is I didn't want to use the forum at the time I do think redirecting a comment from the comment section to the forum and.getting mad when people don't join is immature and a bit deceptive

Who is getting mad? I don't see anyone in this thread saying that. If you are refering to what I said, I was only stating the fact that they don't come here. I didn't say I expect them to.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

I expect them to come here. Why put your .02 in? Either join the conversation or sit and watch. I was watching the reunion for the house wives of atl and Kenya would say something that would open a can of worms. When someone then asked her a question about what she said, she wouldn't say anything. That's annoying. I don't like "hit and run" conversations.

Simon
    Participant

yes but they intended to comment on the article not the forum

Love'n Honey
    Participant

The forum is an extention of what people say about the article. Like I said, don't add your .02 if you have no intention of elaborating for all you Kenyas out there.

Simon
    Participant

except it isn't advertised as such

Love'n Honey
    Participant

I assumed it was. Why would I expect the forum to be completely different from the articles posted?

Simon
    Participant

article comment sections on other websites are not connected to the forums on their websites

Love'n Honey
    Participant

I have yet come across another website where the articles you can comment on differed from the topics in the forum. I've been on a hair site where you could comment on different posts [articles] but it also had a forum about…… hair. That's a stupid concept. To have a forum differ from the articles.

Simon
    Participant

That isn’t related to what I said

Same topic doesn’t mean they are the same

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.