"WMSCOG uses history & science to prove everything they believe in"

• Creator
    Topic
    admin
    Participant

This comment was originally posted in response to "Is the World Mission Society Church of God a Cult? — Part 1 Hassan" on 4/13/13.

Jennifer L. says:

WMSCOG uses history & science to prove everything they believe in. They don't outright tell you what they believe in because non-believers would not take them seriously. Through studies people figure out the truth,  that's why they are encouraged to come to studies to figure it out for themselves. The bible explains that it is VERY important to preach whenever you can. Preaching is not anything out of the ordinary when it comes to religion. Yes, it's true that pagan holidays are not celebrated such as christmas, halloween, easter, etc because those holidays are not anywhere in the bible and WMSCOG soley goes by the bible. You ARE allowed to have friends outside of the church and you of course have friends within church. The reason WMSCOG members spend so much time in church is bc they actually enjoy it, not because they are forced to. The 7 feasts are very important to keep but if something such as work, school, or any sort of emergencies prevent you for going, god understands, it is not the end of the world. 

Your  research on WMSCOG is mostly inaccurate and sounds like you did not have reliable information (mostly all "former" WMSCOG members) who by the looks of it werent really members. WMSCOG is not a cult and if you'd like you should check it out for yourself.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Same topic means they're different? What the curse does that mean? Article: ASH doesn't fit the "req's" of King David. Forum: Thread about King David and ASH. Where's the missing or misplaced link?

Simon
    Participant

they are different media to discuss the same thing

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Ok, so what's the problem with coming to a different media on the same site to discuss the same thing furthur? Like I said, I don't like Kenyas. Even if people were to come to the forum to say one thing and then disappear, it is annoying.

emil
    Participant

Renita here's how I think it works. You visit a website and read an article that stirs you up. You comment on the article. You might never even visit that website again. Even if you do, you may not keep a track of your original comment or the article since you already read it and had your say.

On this website, Admin takes some comments from the article and puts them in the forum as thread starters because they could be the basis for lots of discussion. The original commenter in many cases would probably not even be aware that the comment has been used as a thread starter on these forums.

Simon
    Participant

I commented on an article over signing up for the forum for a reason if I had wanted to join the forum I would’ve

genny
    Participant

What if the admin left the comment in its entirety in the article, plus reposted it here for further discussion?  Would you consider that more fair?

Simon
    Participant

In some ways but I was merely explaining why one may not come to the thread here (ie it was their intention to discuss on the articlelike most article comment sections work.)

Keeping the agreeing comments and moving dissent can appear shady

Although we certainly know why is to better facilitate discussion not hide it away I know I personally was very suspicious to be honest I’m not sure why the comment section is there when he prefers the forum.

emil
    Participant

genny wrote:

What if the admin left the comment in its entirety in the article, plus reposted it here for further discussion?  Would you consider that more fair?

I believe that would certainly appear to be more fair. I have had private communication with TN and I know how fair he is. But it is not enough to be fair. One must be seen to be fair.

Anyway that is beside the point. I think the probability that someone posting a comment to an article will come back to participate in the forum discussion on the comment is very slim. We did have the rare "Jim" but that is more the exception than the rule IMHO.

Simon
    Participant

I did it but as I said

Again I am sure admin has only good intentions as you said appearances matter

genny
    Participant

emil wrote:

I believe that would certainly appear to be more fair. I have had private communication with TN and I know how fair he is. But it is not enough to be fair. One must be seen to be fair.

Ditto to all that. 🙂

Love'n Honey
    Participant

emil wrote:

Renita here's how I think it works. You visit a website and read an article that stirs you up. You comment on the article. You might never even visit that website again. Even if you do, you may not keep a track of your original comment or the article since you already read it and had your say.

On this website, Admin takes some comments from the article and puts them in the forum as thread starters because they could be the basis for lots of discussion. The original commenter in many cases would probably not even be aware that the comment has been used as a thread starter on these forums.

I undestand what's going on. I just don't like it. That's just my opinion. I would prefer someone to not comment at all if they weren't going to keep track of it. That's me personally.. Don't like it? Don't care.. =)

Simon
    Participant

renita.payno wrote:

emil wrote:

I undestand what's going on. I just don't like it. That's just my opinion. I would prefer someone to not comment at all if they weren't going to keep track of it. That's me personally.. Don't like it? Don't care.. =)

I kept track of my comment got miffed when it was moved lol

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Miffed? 1st time I heard of that "word".

Simon
    Participant

miff (v.)

1797, "to take offense at;" 1811, "to put out of humor," from miff (n.). Related: miffed; miffing.

miff (n.)

1620s, "fit of ill humor," perhaps imitative of an exclamation of disgust (cf. German muffen "to sulk").

ANONUSAMEMBER
    Participant

If this is true, "…not anywhere in the bible and WMSCOG soley goes by the bible." Then, where is this in the Bible? "… but if something such as work, school, or any sort of emergencies prevent you for going, god understands, it is not the end of the world."

admin wrote:

This comment was originally posted in response to "Is the World Mission Society Church of God a Cult? — Part 1 Hassan" on 4/13/13.

Jennifer L. says:

"…not anywhere in the bible and WMSCOG soley goes by the bible." "The 7 feasts are very important to keep but if something such as work, school, or any sort of emergencies prevent you for going, god understands, it is not the end of the world. 

ANONUSAMEMBER
    Participant

genny wrote:

Hi Jennifer.

I echo what Joshua has said, and I'd like to add one more thing…

You said, "The 7 feasts are very important to keep but if something such as work, school, or any sort of emergencies prevent you for going, god understands, it is not the end of the world. "

How long have you been with the WMSCOG?  I am guessing not very long.  I believe that you will eventually find this statement not to be true, and that they will tell you not to put work or school ahead of worshiping God by attending the feasts.  When this happens, I hope you will remember what you said and that you will begin to realize not everything is as it appears with the WMSCOG.  I hope you will come back and have a conversation about it.

I agree. Since my family was being groomed to be Gospel Workers as soon as we attended our first study, we were told immediately that these feasts had to be kept. Yet, others – those with "weaker faith" – were merely encouraged to keep the feasts. At the time I considered it milk before meat, and as time passed I assumed they knew that it was a numbers game and simply put, not everyone that comes to study and is baptized is "really a child of the most high." Now I see it for what it is… If you appear to be a free thinking individual that will likely not be controlled, you are under less pressure by the leaders.

Disturbed
    Participant

Or if your tithe amount is pleasing to them, your attendance for Sabbath nor the feasts are important.

Simon
    Participant

I Peter 1:18(WMS Version) For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your ancestors,

Disturbed
    Participant

Good one Simon!

Viewing 19 replies - 21 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.