Mother Zahng vs. Mother Teresa

• Creator
    Topic
    KF
    Participant

I'm not trying to start a battle here, nor am I  catholic, I'm not taking sides here, but I do want to know, aside from the fact that members of wms believe Zahng to be God.  What things has she done that have surpass the works of Mother Teresa.  Should Mother Teresa be consider Mother God too.  Look at all the things she did and acommplished in her life time. 

Quote from biography:

. Although Mother Teresa was awarded numerous honors, including the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979, she never took personal credit for her accomplishments. She said it was God's work and that she was just the tool used to facilitate it.

http://history1900s.about.com/od/people/a/motherteresa.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_Teresa

Sarah2013
    Participant

And if you say Zhang isn’t claiming to be God, then all Wmscog members are delusional.

Simon
    Participant

Doesn’t matter if she claimed to be god she still did horrible things and got rewarded for it. At the gates of heaven if shes called out on this she can’t use not blaspheming as an excuse for other sins

Sarah2013
    Participant

Simon, here is my thing with you. You either are holding fast to Jesus or you are holding fast to Zang. You really need to choose. You don’t need to seek favour from either just be who you are. I choose Jesus and not Ahang or Zhang. Who do you choose? It doesn’t matter to me who. Choose one and defend it all the way.

Simon
    Participant

I won’t bear false witness to defend my side

emil
    Participant

How do you know she did "horrible things"? Because of what you read? How are you so sure of its credibility? Not everybody goes around suing critics you know.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Not an answer, Hun.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Jesus’ disciples did not side the Pharisees today and Jesus tomorrow. We have to know what we believe. I often get the feeling that you feel Zhang may be God and you don’t want to be condemned if she is, but she isn’t God. She is human like you and I. She is of no deity at all. If you feel she might be then by all means take your stance and stand by her, don’t waver cause neither side will accept such mentality.

MountainMom
    Participant

Mother Teresa is human.  Human make mistakes, get overwhelmed, sometimes say anything, anything to comfort others who are in extreme pain.  I also know there was an extreme shortage of pain relievers, medicine, etc., and she did what she could, and then tried to do even more.  I'm not saying she was perfect.  I am saying she is a better person than me and I have a lot of respect for her.  And, if you look hard, you can find something to criticize about anyone or anything.  A lot of people have the nature to look for the good in others, and I like that about them!

Simon
    Participant

Sarah2013 wrote:

Jesus' disciples did not side the Pharisees today and Jesus tomorrow. We have to know what we believe. I often get the feeling that you feel Zhang may be God and you don't want to be condemned if she is, but she isn't God. She is human like you and I. She is of no deity at all. If you feel she might be then by all means take your stance and stand by her, don't waver cause neither side will accept such mentality.

no wavering is happening at all Sarah

Simon
    Participant

MountainMom wrote:

Mother Teresa is human.  Human make mistakes, get overwhelmed, sometimes say anything, anything to comfort others who are in extreme pain.  I also know there was an extreme shortage of pain relievers, medicine, etc., and she did what she could, and then tried to do even more.  I'm not saying she was perfect.  I am saying she is a better person than me and I have a lot of respect for her.  And, if you look hard, you can find something to criticize about anyone or anything.  A lot of people have the nature to look for the good in others, and I like that about them!

but the shortage was her own fault, millions of dollars in donations at one time takes away any excuse not to have stuff

Liberty
    Participant

Sarah2013 wrote:

In some third world countries clean drinking water is a struggle to find. It is hard to grasp if the western world is all one knows. The life style of the western world is not the same as the modern world. Waking up 5am or so in the morning trying to fetch clean drinking water is highly the norm for the western world. Power-shortage daily is the life style of some third world countries. Not all countries are as fortunate as America or even some of Europe. It can often be a chaotic lifestyle. So I can see why medical attention can be hard. Sometimes, only the strong survive.

Gosh! Well, yeah, I certainly wouldn't know how to survive in that type of environment. It sure sounds dismal, and yes, it is hard to understand. Not hard to understand that they don't have all the resources that we have here, but hard to understand why they wouldn't advocate more for their personal human rights. No one else can do that for them. I wonder what is being done there to try to change the situation that some of the people have to live in. Please, no offense to anyone, but I am really glad that I was born in California. I like my mindset. However, it is good to know the other side. Makes me realize how spoiled I am, compared to others, and that I should be more grateful.

emil wrote:

Liberty you cannot believe everything that you read. There are other books that quote doctors and volunteers telling a completely different story. So it depends on who you read. People who write against usually have a more pressing agenda than those who write in favor.

You have to be discerning.

This is true- I can't believe everything that I read. I would like to read and know both sides of the story, as that is imporant. But I am just an emotional person, and if I read something that seems like an unjustice, then I am going to react and speak my mind. I have no tolerance for unjustice, in any shape or form, no matter how big or small.

But yes, its good to know all sides before jumping to conclusions.

MountainMom wrote:

This is a really really good post. Well-spoken. I also can see some of those quotes as being said in a situation where there was nothing they could do at the moment to relieve that person's pain. They still shouldn't have been in a situation like that in the first place, imo, but eh, it just goes to show that we really live in a messed up world.

Simon wrote:

but the shortage was her own fault, millions of dollars in donations at one time takes away any excuse not to have stuff

Oh! Well this changes things. I can't see many things being more important to buy than medicine and painkillers. Warm clothing probably would've also been imortant. Top four- along with food and water.

I also want to say though- not completely trying to justify her actions, but honestly, a lot of poor people have no clue how to handle money. I seen that myself in my own life. I know a lot of nice people who just stupidly blow through their money. Some people who get a big lump sum of money all at once, don't know how to handle it.

Teresa doesn't strike me as the type of person who went out to get herself a good CPA or Enrolled Agent to help her out with investing or other money-making/money-spending activities. She should have, but she probably didn't. Also, perhaps she wasn't the one who was corrupt, but maybe someone working under her was. Meaning, maybe she had some type of accountant who mishandled the funds and donations.

But yeah, a poor nun just doesn't strike me as someone who would be really knowledgeable when it came to matters of money. Poor enviroment, lack of education, information, etc. Again, not a good excuse, but maybe that's why. At least I don't think she was using the money to buy herself Mercedes, big houses and things like that. She probably did try to use the money on the poor, but maybe just didn't spend it correctly. Again, as Emil said, I don't know the full story.

I do enjoy hearing both perspectives though. She is sounding like a compassionate lady who happened to make a lot of mistakes. That doesn't sound far-fetched at all.

emil
    Participant

Simon wrote:

It did with zhang

I don't know what you mean by that.

Simon wrote:

Doesn't matter if she claimed to be god she still did horrible things and got rewarded for it. At the gates of heaven if shes called out on this she can't use not blaspheming as an excuse for other sins

I asked what "horrible things" she did that you know of your own knowledge. You didn't answer that. I have always respected you Simon, even though there were times I did not agree with you. There were even times when I defended you because I felt you were always balanced and did not allow anyone to say something that you knew was false in your experience. However, while you claim:

Simon wrote:

I won't bear false witness to defend my side

yet in this case, you are doing just that by making statements about Mother Teresa which you have still not affirmed that you know are true of your own knowledge.

isn't that a double standard?

Simon
    Participant

You didn’t see god create zhang how dare you say shes gods creation and not god herself

Simon
    Participant

That’s the standard you are holding regarding mother teresa I can repeat testimony without guilt

emil
    Participant

I would call it slander because you state things about which you have no personal knowledge.

You have never said earlier you were repeating testimony. You have made confident assertions. You have even said it is a fact. But you have no way of knowing if they are facts. You now escape responsibility for slander by saying you are repeating testimony. 

Yet, with anything said about Zanhg, you demand evidence. Double standards.

BTW I still don't follow what you are saying here "You didn't see god create zhang how dare you say shes gods creation and not god herself" and in what context you are saying it. If you are saying it in the conext of my post then I guess I must respond: Being God's creation is the norm and doesn't need to proved. Divinity is not the norm so the onus of proof is to prove divinity rather than lack of it.

Simon
    Participant

I did to say I was going of testimony of others

Simon
    Participant

Being evil is the norm

emil
    Participant

Simon wrote:

it is fact

need I say more?

Simon
    Participant

again based on evidence

emil
    Participant

based on hearsay

Viewing 20 replies - 41 through 60 (of 82 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.