Ahn proclaiming mother

• Creator
    Topic
    genny
    Participant

I've been reading this link:http://ahnsahnghongandgodthemother.blogspot.com/ (thanks, Elievalkyrie)

And something stuck me …  It was from this part here:

The Passover of the year 1984, one year before Father Ahnsahnghong ascended to heaven, was very special.

For a long time, Father had celebrated the Passover in Busan. In 1984, however, He said that He would keep the Passover in Seoul where Mother was residing.

He told His disciples to rent a wedding hall to hold the Passover assembly and to light two candles, (a blue one and a red one, which are used in a wedding ceremony in Korea.)

I wondered what meaning the candles have in a Korean wedding ceremony–a red candle and a blue candle–so I've been looking it up…

Red and blue are traditional colors for the Korea wedding ceremony because they symbolize yin and yang.  You will notice it on the Korean flag–the Taegeuk in red and blue.

You may think yin and yang is just a symbol of harmony, but it's associated with Taoism.  And Taoism can be considered pagan.  We know the hatred the WMSCOG has of all things associated with paganism (or that they assume originated in paganism).  So how do you think they would react to this…..

The WMSCOG claims to worship God(s) but they are actually pagan in disguise.  When Ahn announced the existence of the "Bride" with the traditional red and blue candles of a Korean wedding, he was really paying homage to Taoism, which we know is pagan.  The red and blue represent yin and yang, a fundmental concept of Taoism.

Not only that, but pagans use candles to worship their false gods.  And witches use candles to cast spells, color-coded candles to give their spells extra power.  So how can Ahnsahnghong use candles in the Passover assembly unless he also has a hidden pagan agenda.

Candles are associated with sun worship too!  The light of a candle is bright and hot, just like the sun.  And its glow radiates out as a circle, the symbol of sun-worshippers!

They can hide it from us no longer.  Despite their pretense of following God's commands, the WMSCOG secretly practices paganism.

Ok, what do you think. ๐Ÿ™‚  They would say it's ridiculous, right?  But that's what they do with Christianity.

Emily
    Participant

I completely agree with the position that the lighting of the red and blue candle would be following pagan customs.  Such hypocrisy.  But I'm not sure that the members would see it that way since they believe that their "gods" can do whatever they want…even if it means contradicting themselves LOL.

genny
    Participant

Yep.  I think they might see the red and blue candles as unrelated to paganism because Ahn of course would not mean them in a pagan way, but simply as a traditional, visual symbol of marriage, but we definitely could make that case.

Simon
    Participant

Candles are also in Judaism as well however in a completely unpagan nonsungod manner. So far as the red and blue I couldn't speakjust my  2¢

genny
    Participant

Simon wrote:

Candles are also in Judaism as well however in a completely unpagan nonsungod manner. So far as the red and blue I couldn't speakjust my  2¢

So, just because it is similar to what pagans did, that doesn't mean it is related, right?

If the WMSCOG wants to claim that the Christian cross is based in paganism, then using the same logic I will answer that those red and blue candles Ahn used were pagan also.  And if they want to claim that Easter sunrise service is sunworship, then using the same logic I will answer that those candles are sun worship also.

KC
    Participant

thats the kind of logic that you would find from people who screams and moans about how satanized people who throw a celebration at 25th December….. while they themselves celebrate ASH birthday on that date, its like saying "IF you say 25th dec is jesus birthday then u are in league with the devil!!! but its okay if you want to have a party with us at that date, its ash birthday"

KC
    Participant

so basically everything is do-able and justified as long you are doing it with or for them ๐Ÿ™‚ thats a devine flexibility alrite ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

I've researched the religions that are considered to be a cult out of curiousity. Don't know how valid the lists are but I find it surprising that some of the "accepted" religions in the world are also cults. Here are some that are very familiar: Jehovah's witness, Mormonism, United Pentecostal Church, Church of Christ (INC), 7th Day Adventist. I have been encountering a lot of people that have these religions but funny how detached and oblivious I was of their existence until my family became personally involved. 

genny
    Participant

Sometimes on the surface they look like they are normal Christian churches, use "Christian" language and all.  If you are looking for a new church (like after moving to a new city), it's always a good idea to look them up before becoming committed, because as we know cults don't always tell you their hidden (controversial) doctrine.

Simon
    Participant

except 25 December 2011 actually was Ahn Sahnghong ‘s birthday

Simon
    Participant

except 25 December 2011 actually was Ahn Sahnghong ‘s birthday

Simon
    Participant

so far as comparing candles too a cross candles have precedent crosses do not and Easter doesn’t really either

Simon
    Participant

so far as comparing candles too a cross candles have precedent crosses do not and Easter doesn’t really either

Simon
    Participant

and as far as Jewish weddings they also have a unity candle

http://www.jewishkeywest.com/Traditions.html

now what’s from God and what’s from tradition is only conjecture

Simon
    Participant

and as far as Jewish weddings they also have a unity candle

http://www.jewishkeywest.com/Traditions.html

now what’s from God and what’s from tradition is only conjecture

genny
    Participant

Simon wrote:

so far as comparing candles too a cross candles have precedent crosses do not and Easter doesn't really either

I don't understand.  Can you explain a little more?

Simon
    Participant

candles in worship go back at least exodus 27 where God commands the menorah for the tabernacle

Cephas' Brother
    Participant

I’d be curious to know what the COG says about the menorah there in Ex. 27. I know there wasn’t a menorah at the service I went to.

Simon
    Participant

it represents Christ I’d imagine.

Joshua
    Participant

The Cross and Easter go back to who they represent. They represent Jesus and the sacrifice he gave for us. I'm confused about how they don't set a presidence? They begin at the same time that God in the flesh allowed himself to be sacrificed. This should not even be in dispute.

Simon
    Participant

Well the cross historically was a pagan idol that is not disputable.

And Easter is a pagan deity and her pagan Sabbat is also based on the Vernal Equinox which is a Solar calendar where as the modeim from which Jesus's crucifixion and ressurection are based is Lunar

Also the Easter Bunny is directly from a myth about Ostara. Therefore the only scriptural presidence would be the Sunday after Passover (which it is usually but more than occasionally is not).

Candles in worship on the other hand are even commanded in some ways.

(the blue and red part I would agree on to an extent although I don't know with certainty that that is the origin or not although there is definite probability.)

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.