Where do tithes & offerings go?

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    Disturbed
    Participant

As a member I was taught that our tithes & offerings go to the “True God” in the order of Melchizedek. We keep the New Covenant Passover and in return give a tenth of everything to God. Now I was told all the money goes to Korea and “mother” determines how the money is spent, as she is god on earth. Now I’m hearing the church is distancing themselves from Korea saying they’re not affiliated with the WMSCOG headquarters in Korea. I wanted to confirm this before I made this post. I found the exact information in the lawsuit WMSCOG and Mark Ortiz against Michele Colon and Tyler Newton. Lines 34 and 35 state this church is an independent entity, legally and functionally.

If that is so, where the heck did my tithes and offerings go? In case you can’t tell I’m angry as heck! I never questioned this while I was a member because since they told me the money goes to Korea why would I think my “church” would lie to me. But why do we defer to Korea headquarters for so many things then if the churches are independent entities? You can’t have your cake and eat it too. Either you are separate or not. I have not seen or heard of any financial transparency so the question remains….where do the tithes and offerings go?

Where do the tithes and offerings go?

Anyone have a valid answer? Where do the tithes and offerings go?

Smurf
    Participant

Surprisingly, even the Jehova's witnesses now disclose their finances. And that's saying something.

Joshua
    Participant

Now that surprises me!

Smurf
    Participant

I was astonished as well, but the Watchtower guys are now very transparent. At least in my country. That's one of the reasons they got official church status.

Simon
    Participant

I have been to dozens of churches growing up and none did any kind of disclosure so when wmscog didn't it didn't even occur to me they didn't.

Non profits only need to make so much before they need to disclose (in the US)  is something people tend to forget and those required disclosures can be very vague so we still wouldn't know the answers should they be required and comply

What is truth
    Participant

2 basic places… to fuel the Korean propaganda machine, and line pockets of high ranking cult leadership. But don't forget about paying lawyer fees to sue anyone who effectivly speaks out. 

genny
    Participant

My church also has financial transparency with an annual business meeting and financial sheets to share with the congregation.  In fact, at this year's meeting a question about the finances came up that wasn't covered in the documents.  Our accountant found the information for us and sent out letters to all the members with the answer.

Both large and small organizations make their financial statements public.  If an organization or business wants you to donate or invest and does not easily provide this info, it's a definite red flag.

Viewing 6 replies - 101 through 106 (of 106 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.