Is there any way to respectfully leave the WMS?

• Creator
    Topic
    Joshua
    Participant

My loved one has seen the truth and has left the WMS. Besides the phone calls trying to get her to come back in for one more study, or the promise that all of her questions will be answered no one will talk to us. People who acted like they were her friends or like they cared about her don’t answer our texts, return our phone calls, or respond to our emails. I’ve heard many stories now from former members about rumors being spread about them. I personally spoke with a missionary from San Diego once who promised to call me back with answers to my questions. She never called me back but she did try to put more division between me and my loved one. Not Christian in attitude or action at all. Is anyone able to leave this group without things being said like, “She’s been mislead by Satan, or her faith was weak?” Why can’t any of these so called friends who supposedly care and love so much just talk to us about why we no longer believe the WMS teachings?

Simon
    Participant

that I am not missing anything in my life?

Joshua
    Participant

Except reality and Jesus Christ.

Simon
    Participant

That isn’t what we are talking about and I.maintain.even.if I.am in.a false church that doesn’t mean you are not

Joshua
    Participant

I’m in a real faith but I appreciate your admission of you being in a false church. That’s one small step in the right direction.

Simon
    Participant

I said IF I am

Joshua
    Participant

You have all of the evidence showing the problems. My question is still is there any way for anyone to respectfully leave the WMSCOG. So far there seems to be no way. Very much the us vs. them mentality.

genny
    Participant

shimon wrote:

I.maintain.even.if I.am in.a false church that doesn't mean you are not

That is exactly right.  That's why it really irritates me when want people to question everything they've been taught in their own religion but refuse to examine the wmscog in the same way.  (Shimon, I want you to know that I really appreciate your being here and being willing to engage in conversation about all this.)

That's also why I've done so much examining (and repeated examining) of my own beliefs and ideas, from the big ones like the existence of God to the smaller ones like the Rapture and social dancing.  Sometimes they've held up well.  Sometimes I've had to make adjustments.

1 Thess. 5:21 "Test all things; hold fast what is good."

Simon
    Participant

You are probably correct for the most part Joshua from both sides.  But I do not think it is the desire of either side for there to be alienation as a result (and IF you are right about falsehood then I would maintain that it must be high up the chain because only so many can keep a secret so even among local Church leadership I would still maintain it is not a desire to have division as you(people here in general) seem believe)

Love'n Honey
    Participant

How to respectfully leave the WMSCOG. I have taken a long thought about this and it's just not for me. I appreciate the bible studies & the kindness you've shown, but I think I'll stay with my own beliefs. Thank you! =)

Joshua
    Participant

Renita, what do you mean it’s just not for you? Does that mean you’re leaving the WMSCOG or that you’re not going to see if the teachings are true or not? I’m wondering if there’s anything I can do to help either way.

ed144
    Participant

genny wrote:

shimon wrote:

I.maintain.even.if I.am in.a false church that doesn't mean you are not

That is exactly right.  That's why it really irritates me when want people to question everything they've been taught in their own religion but refuse to examine the wmscog in the same way.  (Shimon, I want you to know that I really appreciate your being here and being willing to engage in conversation about all this.)

That's also why I've done so much examining (and repeated examining) of my own beliefs and ideas, from the big ones like the existence of God to the smaller ones like the Rapture and social dancing.  Sometimes they've held up well.  Sometimes I've had to make adjustments.

1 Thess. 5:21 "Test all things; hold fast what is good."

Ther is no easy way to move on just move on all of us who left months ago when this all started have herd all kinds of lies and reasons why we left many of which are very ugly and untrue. The chuch also runs on missinformation and will make an efort to make you look bad to the congrgation telling people not to talk to you making statements like the devil blinded you and much worse dont worry about that and get as many people out as you can.

Simon
    Participant

Of several people who stopped showing up I have only been anything about four members 

One who was distributing anti-WMC literature to members

2-4 were one family of Deacon Deaconess and their son which is a lot more complicated story.

We have had several members leave I have never been told not to talk to or associate with any of them not even those four.

Emily
    Participant

shimon wrote:

Of several people who stopped showing up I have only been anything about four members 

One who was distributing anti-WMC literature to members

2-4 were one family of Deacon Deaconess and their son which is a lot more complicated story.

We have had several members leave I have never been told not to talk to or associate with any of them not even those four.

Have you tried speaking to those four?  Why did they decide to leave the wms?  What literature was being distributed there?  Were you allowed an opportunity to see it?

Simon
    Participant

No I have not mostly because 3 were in Denver but what they did was serious enough that it needed to be discussed

The Other one I don't really know where in town she is and I am not going to go looking for her.

Emily
    Participant

shimon wrote:

No I have not mostly because 3 were in Denver but what they did was serious enough that it needed to be discussed

The Other one I don't really know where in town she is and I am not going to go looking for her.

Do you know why they left?  What was so serious that needed to be discussed?  The handing out of the literature?  I just want to make sure that I understand your responses correctly.

Simon
    Participant

they both came across a site (I don't know which one) and were convinced.

One never really believed she said she was always praying in Jesus's names but she believed in a lot of teachings like Veils feasts and A mother not mother herself

The other three stopped believing in God at all after causing all sorts of trouble and grumbling.

Jubilee
    Participant

Shimon,  may I ask what was so serious that needed to be discussed about the 3 in Denver that left?  Do you know why they left?

Simon
    Participant

I already said they came across a site (not sure if it is this one) and stopped believing (in fact in any God) and started showing people pages from that website. (it was about The Problem with Jerusalem, The Bride and Sisters Veils or whatever the title is I do not remember but you all know about it anyway) but they also grumbled when their son rebuked for something before this is why they were allowed to move to another state as a proverbial clean slate. They continued in their grumbling and then found the site and started pushing others to read the information.

Joshua
    Participant

How is this wrong?

Simon
    Participant

It is leading people to hell.

Viewing 20 replies - 21 through 40 (of 73 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.