iNTRO; HAPPY NEW YEARS TO ALL!!!

• Creator
    Topic

I was a San diego then transfered to New mexico member for less than a year and I been out since Feast of Tabernacles 2012.

Hi Pastor Brian…I know you read these. No hard feelings.

This year is hopefully gonna be a better one because last year was alright.  I am ready to share any of my experiences with others. Hehe, I even was in the choir.  Fun Times …kinda

WEll look foward to other members revealing themselves because it will set an example for others to just come out of baylon junior and join babylon senior…..

MountainMom
    Participant

All you say is two words and don't explain?  Come on, don't just try to be contrary, put forth an effort.

Simon
    Participant

You made a claim the onus is upon you

Simon
    Participant

Being forced to supress emotion is always evil and bad for you

MountainMom
    Participant

That's better.  Something we can work with, Simon.  Although I would argue that some suppression of emotion is just a matter of being civilized and being civil.    It's more a matter of being in control of your emotions and having patience.  That is different than pretending for the sake of new recruits when all is not well in the land of wmscog activities.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

It’s false advertising for a terrible cause.

emil
    Participant

MountainMom wrote:

That's better.  Something we can work with, Simon.  Although I would argue that some suppression of emotion is just a matter of being civilized and being civil.    It's more a matter of being in control of your emotions and having patience.  That is different than pretending for the sake of new recruits when all is not well in the land of wmscog activities.

MM, I wouldn't entirely agree with you there. Not that I condone what they are told to do but I'm looking at it from the members' perspective. They have god with them. God is omnipotent and can do anything. Why shouldn't they be positive and radiant even in the midst of difficulties?

The point I'm making is that they need not be instructed to pretend. They only have to be told to have faith in the final glory and ignore short-term situations as insignificant.

MountainMom
    Participant

I see your point Emil, and Simon's.  However, we all think God is omnipotent and take comfort in the thought that the short term situations are insignificant in the long run. Yet we do not have to pretend that we have no troubles in our current lives when at our respective churches.  There is even open prayer time for members who have troubles in their lives to come up front (at some churches) and be prayed for by deacons, etc. 

And the pretending extends to the non-member spouses of members, not just the members.  The non member spouse has to pretend it is okay that their husband/wife is gone all the time to a church that worships a woman rather than God.  If they don't there is trouble in the marriage or the man/woman may leave their non member spouse.   I  know that there are wives/husbands who are going along with this charade for a while hoping that their loved on will see the light eventually.  They might be afraid to lose their spouse so they are living a lie in order to stay with them. 

And how about when 144,000 goes on and on insulting, then gives me the "God Bless You,"  at the end?  That isn't fake?  Honestly, he knows the Mother won't bless me according to his church, because I don't tithe to the wmscog.  Isn't that why even babies have to tithe, so they can get blessings?  If he uses a holy term ,"God Bless You,"  for purposes of sarcasm, then he could use it for his own purposes elsewhere too.  Such as in pretending to be a holy man.   

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Yea.. The big thing is these people are told their troubles are nothing compared to the glory they will receive. So they treat their troubles as something they don’t need to address.

When I was paying tithes on top if my worldly debts, I had no money which resulted in an empty fridge. But who needs physical food when you have bread that never spoils? Amen! **Cheese**

sre
    Participant

MountainMom wrote:

I see your point Emil, and Simon's.  However, we all think God is omnipotent and take comfort in the thought that the short term situations are insignificant in the long run. Yet we do not have to pretend that we have no troubles in our current lives when at our respective churches.  There is even open prayer time for members who have troubles in their lives to come up front (at some churches) and be prayed for by deacons, etc. 

And the pretending extends to the non-member spouses of members, not just the members.  The non member spouse has to pretend it is okay that their husband/wife is gone all the time to a church that worships a woman rather than God.  If they don't there is trouble in the marriage or the man/woman may leave their non member spouse.   I  know that there are wives/husbands who are going along with this charade for a while hoping that their loved on will see the light eventually.  They might be afraid to lose their spouse so they are living a lie in order to stay with them. 

And how about when 144,000 goes on and on insulting, then gives me the "God Bless You,"  at the end?  That isn't fake?  Honestly, he knows the Mother won't bless me according to his church, because I don't tithe to the wmscog.  Isn't that why even babies have to tithe, so they can get blessings?  If he uses a holy term ,"God Bless You,"  for purposes of sarcasm, then he could use it for his own purposes elsewhere too.  Such as in pretending to be a holy man.   

Do you think as a child grows older, out of diapers, formula etc, and they have dentist and doctor bills, do they have to tithe off of what they spend for well care check ups and things like that? It's all about them getting a dollar isn't it? How sad to be tricked into giving 10% of something that you have to use your hard earned money for and then already titheing 10% from it in the beggining.  It's like if you get paid $500 a week,10%, $50 goes to wmscog tithing fund, then your weekly donation of say $50 and the zion tithe say $50 and the child tithe $50 as we all know how expensive it is to have a child…that leaves the member $300, that week to pay for housing, food, doctor bills, dentist bills, child care, electricity, water, heat, gasoline that it takes to go to work and go out recruting, money for the new clothing type they are MADE to wear..etc..you get the point…they are bleeding these people of their funds and they have nothing left for themselves.  I don't know about you but I like to have a little bit of money in the savings in case a vehicle breaks down, washing machine, stove or fridge quits, need a new couch or all the things in life that a person needs to live in this life and these life things DO HAPPEN TO ALL OF US whether or not you are a wmscog member..  It feels good to have something to show for your hard earned work.  It also feels good to tithe like the bible says, but it TRULY does not say to tithe on top of your already tithed money., i.e.( baby tithe and zion tithe and any other donations)..it seems so unfair and I wish the members could see how the elite wmscog people who they are sending all of their money to is NOT SUFFERING… In fact, I TRULY believe, they are living high on the hog. In nice cushy beds with nice fresh linens a warm and comforting home with all they want to eat and the best medical care.  Probaly even daily hairdressers and make up artists along with wardrobe consultants..and I am sure they are not out pounding the streets in a borrowed suit, and having to wear long sleeve shirts and blouses to cover up tattoos that are a disgrace to show in their new found life.  A member wouldn't want to dissapoint tho right? When in fact the only person they are TRULY dissapointing is themselves but will smile and tell you they are the happiest they have ever been in their life, which is a complete lie.  They just can't fight thru the brain fog they are experiencing.

MountainMom
    Participant

I agree, Sre.  And I think for some of the members it gets very tough to keep up this facade.  They see things that cause them to question at the wmscog, or that aggravate them, but they cannot express those things where they happen, because discord at the church is not allowed.  So, in some cases they go home and take it out on their non-member spouse (or family) and then this causes everyone, even the member, all kinds of stress.  They project their unhappiness where it is "acceptable" to do so, outside the confines of the church.  The church accepts absolutely no blame for any of the discord or the resulting family strife.  In an abusive relationship, the abuser  blames the abused for all the I agree, problems. Stress on all fronts increases, and a vicious cycle occurs.  At the center, the wmscog. 

MountainMom
    Participant

Oops!  The "I agree" at the end of the second to last line should have been omitted in my last line.  Then it should make some sense.

emil
    Participant

I agree MM. Tha part about the members' spouses and the GBU ending by 144000 are indeed ridiculous.

Simon
    Participant

There is a difference between being civil/controlled and pretending to be happy 24/7

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Some people pretend to be happy to be civil and controlled.

emil
    Participant

YoMomma SoFat wrote:

Some people pretend to be happy to be civil and controlled.

And some are mind controlled to look civil and happy.

Smurf
    Participant

The members KNOW full well they're not happy, to the point where it creates a cognitive dissonance. It's simply being suppresed very effectively, that's all. They just don't know why they're not happy, they think it's their fault.

Sooner or later it's all going to collapse.

Simon
    Participant

But thats cuz society tries to force fake happiness as much as wmscog

MountainMom
    Participant

Simon, you have one foot in the wmscog and the other on a banana peel.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Lol!

Liberty
    Participant

My first post after a 7 month hiatus.

My post has a bit of a different spin to it, as they usually do. You see, it was actually issues like this that made me leave Zion.

First, let me say that I believe very much in being positive and trying to maintain a positive energy in your day to day life. I feel that you attract what you put out, especially as I've become a LOA believer since leaving WMSCOG and mainstream traditional Christianity. I believe it is best to try to see the good in some unfortunate situations and to try to always be a positive person.

BUT……..

I also believe in our right to be human. No human is happy 100% of the time. We have every right to be sad, mad, angry, upset, ashamed, frustrated whenever it suits us, and we shouldn't ever had to feel bad for experiencing a full range of human emotions.

Let's say, for example, your puppy died. If you had some sort of attachment to this puppy, then it would be normal to be sad. It would be perfectly okay to cry, and be upset and express your grief.

Now from my perspective, I'm not an animal person, so people feeling grief over animals is a bit of a difficult concept for me to understand. But if a friend comes to me for comfort, I'm not going to say, "Who cares that your stupid puppy died. It's just an animal." Even if that is what I'm thinking, it would be highly insensitive to say that. Sometimes we must put aside our own agenda for others, especially if we care about them. So I would likely say, "Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss, I know your puppy meant so much to you. Let me give you a hug and I'm here for you if you need to talk," or something like that.

Likewise, I expected the members of WSMCOG to be better people and to be able to put aside their own agenda for the sake of their members. But whenever I had some personal issue, I would sometimes receive a heartless reply from one of the leaders. They would dismiss it and say something like, "Who cares? It's Earthly and Worldly." We're going to Heaven so don't worry about it Sister."

How can you keep a smile on your face when someone says to you, "My relative just died; my car just broke down; I lost my job; I don't have enough money to pay my mortgage; I have a bad headache, etc,etc,etc. I don't care how positive of a person you want to be- it is inappropriate to have a smile on your face when someone tells you these things.

I feel to be happy 100% of the time, or to never worry about anything is unrealistic. That's how Zion came across to me- as unrealistic. Not only that, but when you were feeling down, or frustrated or upset, no one really cared. The mentality seemed to be that if you were sad- the problem was with you. Pastor John Lee even stated as much in a few of his sermons, trying to guilt-trip his congregation. I felt that I never got the support that I needed there. Once, when I told a Deaconness of my troubles-she just kept a smile on her face and said, "God Bless You." It seemed incredibly fake. I can't relate to people don't have a knack for certain human interactions, and this seemed to be the case for many members who had attended this church for several years. Despite my time in Zion, I had never really lost this aspect to my character. I am sure this was a good thing, because it helped me to eventually get out.

Viewing 20 replies - 21 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.