GENESIS 3:6

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    WHOAMI
    Participant

I was reading visitors from the angelic world english-korean 7th edition 2007 and came upon something, very interesting.  On chapter 13 the first adam & the last adam pg. 84 aside from a paragraph reading that adam represents Jesus, and eve the angels whom he loved in the angelic world before the earth created, there is something else even more interesting in the same page and it reads like this………

Here, lets look once more into the story of Adam & Eve and the serpent written in Genesis chapters 1, 2 and 3, physically and spiritually.

In the Garden of Eden lived a happy couple, adam and Eve.  They obeyed God's command, and they were blameless as the rulers over the earth.

Adam tried to obey God's word absolutely, and satan coul not make adam stumble by any crafty means.  God gave Adam a command, "Do not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good & evil (Gen.2:16-17) 

Satan already knew that Adam had firmly resolved to obey God's comman; he could not attack Adam directly, so he tempted Eve who was weak, in the abscence of Adam(Gene 3:1-17)

SO WHAT ABOUT IT:  according to my bible NIV & other bible versions, this is a lie, when Eve ate from the tree Adam was there, right next to her.

<sup class="versenum">6 When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it.

Cross references:

<ol type="A">

<li id="cen-NIV-62A">

Genesis 3:6 : Jas 1:14-15; 1Jn 2:16

<li id="cen-NIV-62B">

Genesis 3:6 : Nu 30:7-8; Jer 44:15, 19, 24

<li id="cen-NIV-62C">

Genesis 3:6 : 2Co 11:3; 1Ti 2:14

<!–end of crossrefs–>

Genesis 3:6

New King James Version (NKJV) 

<sup class="versenum">6 So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate. She also gave to her husband with her, and he ate.  

Genesis 3:6

New Living Translation (NLT)

<sup class="versenum">6 The woman was convinced. She saw that the tree was beautiful and its fruit looked delicious, and she wanted the wisdom it would give her. So she took some of the fruit and ate it. Then she gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it, too.  

IS MY UNDERSTANDING OF THE VERSE INCORRECT.   CAN SOMEONE PLEASE VERIFY THIS FOR ME….. THANKS 

Simon
    Participant

In my entire life I never remember seeing it say Chava (Eve) was with Adam how did I miss that :O.

WHOAMI
    Participant

okay, my bad! it does not say next to her, but still it says he was with her and we already know they are the only two humans in the Garden at that present time, so this can be taken both ways.

kind of like what the wms does when they tell you this is what this verse means, but we see something else.  So who's right if we all can interpert things our own way.

do you understand what i was trying to say, i dunno….in my mind i see it another way.

WHOAMI
    Participant

shimon wrote:

In my entire life I never remember seeing it say Chava (Eve) was with Adam how did I miss that :O.

do you see what i mean SHIMON! or is it me taking the verse out of context!

Simon
    Participant

I am not sure if it means he was directly with her or not but it does imply a more immediate transaction than Ahn implies as translated in the book.

WHOAMI
    Participant

actually, after reading Gene 3:7

Genesis 3:7

New International Version (NIV)

<sup class="versenum">7 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves. 

in my opinion it looks like this was a spontaneous reaction,they both ate the fruit at the same time & they both realized they were naked after eating the fruit, so Adam must have been with her (as in next to her) other wise Eve's eyes would have been opened first and seen Adam naked first & forget about giving him the fruit & concentrate on something else.  ( I'm just saying……)

Emily
    Participant

WHOAMI wrote:

actually, after reading Gene 3:7

Genesis 3:7

New International Version (NIV)

<sup class="versenum">7 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves. 

in my opinion it looks like this was a spontaneous reaction,they both ate the fruit at the same time & they both realized they were naked after eating the fruit, so Adam must have been with her (as in next to her) other wise Eve's eyes would have been opened first and seen Adam naked first & forget about giving him the fruit & concentrate on something else.  ( I'm just saying……)

Great find WHOAMI!!!  I agree with you.  The text suggests that Eve's eyes would have been opened first if she ate the fruit long before Adam so he couldn't have been too far away lol.  Keep looking for more inconsistencies.  I'm sure there are more.

Simon
    Participant

You mean neither eyes were opened until both ate the fruit?

Simon
    Participant

making sure I didn't lose you in ambiguity 🙂

WHOAMI
    Participant

loocpoc wrote:

Actually both eyes were not opened until both had eaten from the fruit.

that is what i said loocpoc, but the question is was Adam with her, as in by her side, it says she gave some to her husband, who was with her.(we all know that they were together in the Garden, so why would the bible say….he was with her) to me it's like it's saying that when the serpent was deceiving Eve, Adam was there with her…. Also, if  Eve ate the fruit first, shouldn't her eyes been open before Adams…..Loocpoc you seem to be saying that first she ate, then him, then both eyes were open.  Is that correct?  If so can I ask what brings you to that conculsion?

Even though this may not be important to some of you…to me it is because, Ash, said

Satan already knew that Adam had firmly resolved to obey God's comman; he could not attack Adam directly, so he tempted Eve who was weak, in the abscence of Adam(Gene 3:1-17)

he said in the abscence of Adam, but the bible says he was with her, so my point….I take the bible's word for it….and if Ash is God should he not known how the story goes????  Who is right here, the bible inspired by God or a book that has been most likely revised over the years.

Simon
    Participant

Funnily enough we discussed this in a Facebook group weighing verses and the conclusion seemed to be Adam wasn’t there for the deception but was likely there when she ate it.

Simon
    Participant

There are both implied and definitive gaps in time in the sequence of recorded events

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.