Experience with custody disputes?

• Creator
    Topic
    genny
    Participant

Hi all. I've been asked about a topic that I couldn't help much with, so I thought I would relay it here…

What about a custody dispute between a parents when one is a member and the other is a non-member? The member-parent has significantly cut back visitation access in order to take the child to Sabbath and feast services. The non-member-parent and family are worried about lack of visitation and about potential enforced fasting for the child.

I do not have experience with custody issues or with lawyers. Would you have any advice or experience to share?

Brian Taylor
    Participant

@genny I’m not a lawyer nor do I play one on TV,so I don’t know about legal parameters but one thing I do know for certain is that they absolutely expect children of all ages to fast during the feast days

Brian Taylor
    Participant

Oh! ! Another relevant point just popped into my head. One thing that they teach is that in heaven we were ALL brothers and sisters so regardless of earthly status or circumstances we will ALL be judged equally.

So this creates the implication that there is no excuse for ANYONE, even a five year old, to disobey God’s commandments ( Sabbath, feasts ECT)

So if the member parent “has strong faith” they will most likely deal with the custody battle through this mindset.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The issue's you raise would require an experienced family law attorney most likely.  Given the mindset of the victims of WMSCOG, they aren't going to listen to reason.  Family court judges are supposed to represent the best interests of the children in a case like this.  Hopefully that would happen, but it requires legal action.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.