Ephesians 1:20-23

• Creator
    Topic
    Rahab
    Participant

What does the WMSCOG say about this scripture?

"God put this power to work in Christ Jesus when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and above every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the age to come.  And He has put all things under His feet and has made Him the head over all things for the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.

Simon
    Participant

what about it

Emily
    Participant

shimon wrote:

what about it

I think that Rahab is referring to the part of the scripture that says that Jesus is "above every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the age to come".  That doesn't support the "new name in the new age" theory.

Rahab
    Participant

The scripture goes against their “new name in the new age” theory. I was wondering if they use it in their studies and how it is intreperted.

Simon
    Participant

it really doesn't have to go against it on its own it really doesn't Yehovah is God's name for eternity but Yehovah became known as Jesus and we don't say the bible contradicts itself for it.

Rexona
    Participant

However that verse specifically says in the age to come. So then are there 4 ages if we need a new name now? This is the same argument as when Ahnsahnhong wrote that Jesus is the name of the savior even in the last days.

However wmscog answers to it somehow like Jesus and Ahnsahnhong aren't different, however Ahnsahnhong is the true name, because it came after Jesus like how Jesus came after Jehovah. So I don't think the answer differs to either argument.

Rexona
    Participant

Very true, I don't believe in most wmscog teachings anymore. However I want to show their point of view as well, because the website is about examining it. Their answer explains it well enough if you don't doubt very much. For example if loocpooc changes his name to pooclooc (my imagination sucks) which one should we call him? So they can change it to a question of is Ahnsahnhong 2nd coming or not which not everyone questions the same way.

Sueno Maruyama
    Participant

It is possible, I think, to formulate Biblical passages to justify many of the WMSCOG beliefs.  Other leaders, like Rev. Sun Myung Moon, David Koresh, Jim Jones, etc …. also were able to establish fairly logical Biblical justifications for their deadly beliefs.  That is why we think it important NOT to concentrate on arguing people out of WMSCOG through "scholarly" interpretations of Biblical scripture.  Rather it may be more fruitful to concentrate on humanistic things, like …. "don't you miss your Mom, Dad, Sisters and Brothers"?, Arent' you getting tired of spending 5 days a week in WMSCOG activities?? … Wouldn't you like to complete your College degree and start into a nice career making money" …. aren't you getting tired of relying on WMSCOG for your daily meals (especially that awful Kim Chee)  etc etc etc

Simon
    Participant

Those arguments are EXACTLY what wmscog trains you against. They constantly tell you we’re too afraid to argue from the Bible which is what we need to argue from

john doe
    Participant

While I belonged I was told we are living in the age of the Holy spirit which is the age of AhnSongHome.  I was told AhnSonghome is the new name and you have to know what the new name is to have a correct babtism or anything else.    

john doe
    Participant

Oh I spelled his name wrong Ahnsanghong I spelled it the way it sounds and I never could spell anyway.  I also remember being told that we are living in the age of the Holly spirit first there was the age of the father Jehova and the son Jesus and now its Ahnsanghong.  So if you don't know the new name you can't be saved according to them.   

Simon
    Participant

Pretty sure no COG teaches that one

john doe
    Participant

I was always told the new name was Ahnsanghong did I misunderstand.  The ages were dividide up in the age of the father Jehova, age of the son Jesus and the age of the Holy Spirit Ahnsanghong which is the new name.  So we are living in the age of the Holy Spirit according to them and they did teach it.  To be saved in this age you have to know the new name Ahnsanghong.  They babtise in the name of the father Jehova the son Jesus and the Holy spirite Ahnsanghong.  If you don't know the name in each age you can't be babtised correctly and the only church who knows the new name is the WMSCOD.  This is what they taught and everyone at the COG that I wen't to knew the new name was Ahnsanghong.   So I don't understand Shimon why you say pretty sure no COG teaches that one when they do teach it.  Am I going crazey maybe so after belonging to this church I don't know If I am coming or going.  

john doe
    Participant

maybe you were just responding to loocpoc and I got carried away sorry.  Alot of the things they taught me arn't making any since anymore.  

Simon
    Participant

john doe wrote:

maybe you were just responding to loocpoc and I got carried away sorry.  Alot of the things they taught me arn't making any since anymore.  

Yea was responding to loocpoc

Simon
    Participant

No

Joshua
    Participant

I think coming back to the origional posting, Jesus is the name of authority in this age and the next as well as the fact that Ahn said Jesus is the name in the end times completely negates the teaching of the WMS in reguards to the new name in the new age. Jesus sits at the right hand of the Father and is in the position of authority. Why would they assume this would change? It's because as they teach it the WMS has control over its members. If the truth was to be taught then the WMS no longer has a monopoly over the name and people are more free to worship and study other places. This is the control that groups like this do not want to give up! Why do you think they try to sue people and groups into silence? I have said it many times but do your own research. Don't take things for granted. Don't let others tell you how to think and what to believe. God gave you a mind and he expects you to use it. There are too many groups out there that want control over people and when they get control they will deathgrip that control as long as they can. To those of you who are still in this group; there is freedom from these pharasiees. These people that would put you under the law that no one can maintain. The Law condems a man but Jesus came to set us free. Put your faith in him!

Simon
    Participant

You must have misunderstood the lesson. Even the baptism ceremony says the name is Ahnsahnghong.

As they are pouring water they say "God the Father Jehovah, God the Son Jesus Christ, God the Holy Spirit Christ Ahnsahnghong [sic]"

Simon
    Participant

Well that contradicts General Pastors Books and Sermons. Seems like he didn't understand the lesson himself.

Emily
    Participant

shimon wrote:

Those arguments are EXACTLY what wmscog trains you against. They constantly tell you we're too afraid to argue from the Bible which is what we need to argue from

Yes I remember that.  I felt like I was being taught to argue "from the Bible" and ignore everything else that the person says.  Just keep throwing the verses at them while incorporating the ad hominems.  I feel like they turned me into a judgemental jerk for lack of a better way to put it lol.  But now I think that it was just a thought-stopping, or doubt-stopping technique.  

You guys really should watch Ticket to Heaven.  The similarities are overwhelming.

Rahab
    Participant

In my understanding, the root of the teaching is this…

According to the WMSCOG, Revelation 2:17 states that a white stone will be given with a new name written on it and no one knows except the one who receives it. The church says that the name is Ahnsahnghong.

In my personal studies, Revelation 2:17 is referenced with Isaiah 62:2 “The nations shall see your vindication, and all the kings your glory; and you shall be called by a new name that the mouth of the Lord will give”. If you read further the scripture is talking about the city of Jerusalem and subsequently the nation of Israel, and the Lord calls her Hephzibah ( My Delight Is In Her) .

Revelation 2:17 is also cross referenced with Acts 4:10-12 “let it be known to all of you, and to all the people of Israel, that this man is standing before you in good health be the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead. this Jesus is the stone that was rejected by you, the builders; it has become the cornerstone. There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among mortals by which we must be saved.”.

So at the root is the WMSCOG saying the new name is a new name of Christ?

As for myself, I believe that the scriptures are saying that when I am with the Lord in heaven, He will give me a new name for I will be adopted into the family of God and made a new creation.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.