Children Are A Distraction & A Waste Of Time? Joo Cheol Kim Quotes

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    Emily
    Participant

I'm just going to put these quotes from "My Sheep Listen to My Voice" out there and let the readers comment…

"However, sometimes we hear distractions caused by children and babies crying during worship services.  Then the worshipers turn their attention to the distractions.  Beginners in faith may be irritated by such noises, and their mothers waste the blessed time on calming down their children, rather than concentrating on the sermon."  (p. 55)

"For example, suppose that a woman evangelist, who is good at teaching, is restricted in her evangelical activities because of her baby.  If somebody takes care of her baby, she can use her nursing time for teaching God's word to others."  (p. 281)

Joshua
    Participant

In the eyes of this group Jesus laying in the manger must have been such a disappointment. Mary and Joseph should have been out teaching about God instead of wasting time with a baby. I hope Joo doesn’t have any children to follow in his footsteps. One other thought, aren’t we supposed to raise our children the way they should go. If we view them as such a waste of time and shuffle them off to others so we can do what we want, what is it that is being taught to them?

Simon
    Participant

I really do not think this babies as a waste of time is an accurate conclusion from the quotes. I think sometimes we are guilty of looking for evil in every word uttered. Babies can get in the way of important things some times, this is absolute truth. (Even though WMSCOG is NOT one of them)

Rahab
    Participant

I was extremely offended and it angered me when I read it the first time, and every time after that. 

Emily
    Participant

I think that this is why the women of child-bearing age are not having any.  At least it seemed that way when I was there.  I remember expressing that I wanted to have children to one of the higher ups there and she looked at me like I was crazy.  I know of someone that became pregnant while she was a member and she was told to keep the sabbath at home because she was providing a bad example for the other sisters.  

Simon
    Participant

ZGJ once told someone she was BLESSED for being pregnant, it is so weird

Emily
    Participant

shimon wrote:

ZGJ once told someone she was BLESSED for being pregnant, it is so weird

Ughhh that is really weird…on like so many levels lol.

justasitis
    Participant

I wonder where the blessing came from! Perhaps it was from God? Oh, wait a minute, isn't she supposed to be God in the flesh? Yes, Emily, as you say, really weird!

Rahab
    Participant

Children are precious gifts from God.  To call them "distractions" to others or refer to caring for your child as a hinderance to preaching sounds like an underlying form of control by the church on its members. The WMSCOG is so concerned with keeping the members' minds on their studies and sermon messages.  I have never been to any church where the ministers place such a priority on controlling the thoughts of the congregation.  How can someone keep or guarantee another's person's mind from wandering or thinking on other things? The Lord alone has the power to reveal is Word to us as individuals.  Others may preach, but God alone as the power to give the Word meaning and become live in our hearts and minds.

Simon
    Participant

justasitis wrote:

I wonder where the blessing came from! Perhaps it was from God? Oh, wait a minute, isn't she supposed to be God in the flesh? Yes, Emily, as you say, really weird!

Actually it makes perfect sense for God to tell you he blessed you.. if ZGJ were God there would be no consistency problem in that

Rahab wrote:

Children are precious gifts from God.  To call them "distractions"

Children CAN BE distractions it is important to remember it. Anyone who says otherwise is lying. Good things can be distactions. it is only bad that he said it because he put more emphasis on his evil cult than children not because he said we can be distracted by children. 

Emily
    Participant

Shimon,

I think that the part that people are having a problem with is not the claim that children can be a distraction, but the parts of the quotes that say that the mother is wasting time calming down her children and that she should use her nursing time (or bonding time) with her baby to go out and recruit for the church.  To me, these quotes demonstrate the subtle messages in the wms literature that minimize the importance of mothers spending time with their children.  The second quote says that the woman can be restricted in her evangelical duties by her baby.  The Bible tells us that children are a blessing.  Apparently according to Joo, they are more of an obstacle.   

Sueno Maruyama
    Participant

I think under the "new" guidelines formulated in the past couple of years, WMSCOG concentrates on recruiting young people NOT tied down with young children …. as pointed out above this can interfere with recruitment efforts …. and that is the main effort of WMSCOG.  The more people paying the tithe, the more money the "founders" accumulate …. and the "founders" are all of Korean nationality ….  oh, sorry, some might say that is a racist remark …..

Simon
    Participant

everything you said was valid until you brought up race

Race is completely irrelevant to any valid argumentation regarding the world mission society church of god.

Sueno Maruyama
    Participant

WMSCOG propaganda notwithstanding, it is all about race.  All control, financial, spiritual and otherwise, is 100% South Korean.  It will never be any other way with this group.  An arguement could be made Moon's organization is actually a bit less racially oriented than WMSCOG.  But with WMSCOG, it is all about race.

Simon
    Participant

It isn't about race at all.

Simon
    Participant

The group of people who are not in the dark are all in the same race, but they aren't calling in any new Koreans either. They have their little circle which happens to be the same race because that's how planning in such a fashion would work in a country that's almost all the same race anyways.

Furthermore YOUR arguements about race prior to this one are 100% invalid no matter how racist ZGJ and KJC might be. 

king34
    Participant

in a away I do agree that the korean in this church are a little racist. but racist in the way that they think that because of there eastern way of thinking they are better than us western. I remember they showed a video specically showing us the brothers and sisters how people from the east think better than us .

Sueno Maruyama
    Participant

shimon wrote:

The group of people who are not in the dark are all in the same race, but they aren't calling in any new Koreans either.

Uhhh …. grammer?  What exactly are you saying here?

Sueno Maruyama
    Participant

king34 wrote:

in a away I do agree that the korean in this church are a little racist. but racist in the way that they think that because of there eastern way of thinking they are better than us western. I remember they showed a video specically showing us the brothers and sisters how people from the east think better than us .

Interesting.  How do they reconcile their supposedly superior "Eastern" ways with the fact that Jesus, Moses, Solomon, et al were of "Western" bloodlines????  I do agree with you, however, that racism is definitely a component of the "functioning" world of WMSCOG.

Simon
    Participant

loocpoc wrote:

Sueno Maruyama wrote:

shimon wrote:

The group of people who are not in the dark are all in the same race, but they aren't calling in any new Koreans either.

Uhhh …. grammer?  What exactly are you saying here?

No offense but it is "grammar".

lol

I dunno a better way to explain it, their little circle isn't adding new people of any race even Korean

Rain
    Participant

Sueno Maruyama wrote:

I think under the "new" guidelines formulated in the past couple of years, WMSCOG concentrates on recruiting young people NOT tied down with young children …. as pointed out above this can interfere with recruitment efforts …. and that is the main effort of WMSCOG.  The more people paying the tithe, the more money the "founders" accumulate …. and the "founders" are all of Korean nationality ….  oh, sorry, some might say that is a racist remark …..

I agree with Sueno, it's all about the money! Younger people with no kids are better gospel workers for them because there is no interference, they are controled mentally, and are easier to manipulated than an adult with experience in life, also they can bring in more money for them.(younger people have more stamina)  they mix the words in the bible with lies, to gain control of young ones.  I personally believe in the new testament and the sabbath & passover & other feast, yes it's true it's in the bible in black and white for all to read, BUT they use GOD's words to their advantage, and many fail to see when they are being used.

Ask your self this question, if this is GOD's true church then WHY do they tell the members not to bring in ghetto or people who don't work, WHY are they selective as who you should preach to.  Shouldn't all people have a chance to hear GOD's words & ultimately let it be their decision if they want GOD in their life or not.  Why should the members worry about how they look or what they wear!  When Jesus walked the earth he wore a robe like dress and sandals, and he was GOD, so why are we trying to be better than GOD.  We need to worry about our souls, not our cloth.

people if something does not feel right, look into it, just don't go with the flow, any questions you have in the true church of God should be answered without you feeling guilty or of little faith.  Remember we are not talking about a pair of pants you can return to the store for a refund, we are talking about your SOUL,  so you only get one chance to get this right because there are two roads here.  The road to HEAVEN & the one to HELL, so be wise & if in doubt investigate, this is not a game, don't let other ppl manipulate you, listen to your Soul, search deep till your satisfied with your answer.   May the GOD of  PEACE be with you all!

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.