Children Are A Distraction & A Waste Of Time? Joo Cheol Kim Quotes

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    Emily
    Participant

I'm just going to put these quotes from "My Sheep Listen to My Voice" out there and let the readers comment…

"However, sometimes we hear distractions caused by children and babies crying during worship services.  Then the worshipers turn their attention to the distractions.  Beginners in faith may be irritated by such noises, and their mothers waste the blessed time on calming down their children, rather than concentrating on the sermon."  (p. 55)

"For example, suppose that a woman evangelist, who is good at teaching, is restricted in her evangelical activities because of her baby.  If somebody takes care of her baby, she can use her nursing time for teaching God's word to others."  (p. 281)

Rahab
    Participant

The Lord said, ” suffer the children to come to me.” I know that to some people children are an annoyance, to others they are a joy. How is a child to learn how to behave and respect church if parents are not to bring them? It is sort of on the job training. I agree with Emily, the general pastor’s position on the matter is infuriating to me. As a mother, no one come between me and my children or how I raise them. God is my authority.

Rain
    Participant

I know my mom would be like, well if my child is not welcome here, neither am i.  Especially an under age child, like why is it that the child is a distraction but their tithe & offering is not!  if the child is not present but the mom still gives tithe & offering in that childs name,why is it accepted ???? Parents think, your child is not good enough to be there, but their money is???

Rahab
    Participant

They give tithes in behalf of other people? Tithes and offerings are supposed to be anonymous. It is for His glory, not ours.

Simon
    Participant

Children are SUPPOSED to go to WMSCOG, I remeber being encouraged to preach to parents, we preached a lot in children's areas of parks. I really think people don't understand what KJC is saying. 

WHOAMI
    Participant

nope shimon you left & things change, the sisters with kids at the church i'm in were told that if their child (ages 2-5) are not following zion customs, the mother has to worship at her dorm, until the child can follow the rules just like the adults.  Child is expected to close their eyes & pray, wear a viel if female, be quite during service & no moving around.  Now you tell me if a mom is not going to get frustrated when they have a child in this age range, who are not easy to deal with at home, just imagine trying to enforce these rules on them in church.  This is kinda harsh on the mom who most likely would want to knock out her kid, but can't do it in zion.  I have seen a sister smack up her toddler in the back of her head to correct the child if she does not keep the veil on & close her eyes to pray.  Sooner or later those back of the head smacks will accumulate and have consequences, and all thanks to the deacon from church, telling the moms that their child needs to be corrected or they need to worship at their dorm.  The sister feels like she is losing blessings, because she can not be in zion because the child does not meet wmscog standards.  It's just wrong!

Simon
    Participant

didn't leave that long ago. Pretty sure it's just bad seeds within WMSCOG (or rather worse seeds)

Simon
    Participant

loocpoc wrote:

I do know that if one of the parents is not a member of the WMSCOG they have told children that the parent who is not a member will go to hell.

They make it confusing they imply God will lead family members of members to COG based on how Noahs family was led to the ark it is weird lol

Viewing 7 replies - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.