Topic
    KF
    Participant

Jesus from Genesis to Revelation

The bible from cover to cover, answers the question, "Who is Jesus?"

In the Old Testament:

– In Genesis, He is the Creator God.

– In Exodus, He is the Redeemer.

– In Leviticus, He is your sanctification.

– In Numbers, He is your guide.

– In Deuteronomy, He is your teacher.

– In Joshua, He is the mighty conqueror.

– In Judges, He gives victory over enemies.

– In Ruth, He is your kinsman, your lover, your redeemer.

– In I Samuel, He is the root of Jesse.

– In 2 Samuel, He is the Son of David.

– In 1 Kings and 2 Kings, He is King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

– In 1st and 2nd Chronicles, He is your intercessor and High Priest.

– In Ezra, He is your temple, your house of worship.

– In Nehemiah, He is your mighty wall, protecting you from your enemies.

– In Esther, He stands in the gap to deliver you from your enemies.

– In Job, He is the arbitrator who not only understands your struggles, but has the power to do something about them.

– In Psalms, He is your song–and your reason to sing.

– In Proverbs, He is your wisdom, helping you make sense of life and live it successfully.

– In Ecclesiastes, He is your purpose, delivering you from vanity..

– In the Song of Solomon, He is your lover, your Rose of Sharon.

– In Isaiah, He is the mighty counselor, the prince of peace, the everlasting father, and more. He’s everything you need.

– In Jeremiah, He is your balm of Gilead, the soothing salve for your sin-sick soul.

– In Lamentations, He is the ever-faithful one upon whom you can depend.

– In Ezekiel, He is your wheel in the middle of a wheel–the one who assures that dry, dead bones will come alive again.

– In Daniel, He is the ancient of days, the ever- lasting God who never runs out of time.

– In Hosea, He is your faithful lover, always beckoning you to come back–even when you have abandoned Him.

– In Joel, He is your refuge, keeping you safe in times of trouble.

– In Amos, He is the husbandman, the one you can depend on to stay by your side.

– In Obadiah, He is Lord of the Kingdom.

– In Jonah, He is your salvation, bringing you back within His will.

– In Micah, He is judge of the nation.

– In Nahum, He is the jealous God.

– In Habakkuk, He is the Holy One.

– In Zephaniah, He is the witness.

– In Haggai, He overthrows the enemies.

– In Zechariah, He is Lord of Hosts.

– In Malachi, He is the messenger of the covenant.

In the New Testament:

– In Matthew, He is king of the Jews.

– In Mark, He is the servant.

– In Luke, He is the Son of Man, feeling what you feel.

– In John, He is the Son of God.

– In Acts, He is Savior of the world.

– In Romans, He is the righteousness of God.

– In I Corinthians, He is the rock that followed Israel.

– In II Corinthians, He the triumphant one, giving victory.

– In Galatians, He is your liberty; He sets you free.

– In Ephesians, He is head of the Church.

– In Philippians, He is your joy.

– In Colossians, He is your completeness.

– In I Thessalonians, He is your hope.

– In II Thessalonians, He is your glory.

– In I Timothy, He is your faith.

– In II Timothy, He is your stability.

– In Titus He is your reason for serving.

– In Philemon, He is your benefactor.

– In Hebrews, He is your perfection.

– In James, He is the power behind your faith.

– In I Peter, He is your example.

– In II Peter, He is your purity.

– In I John, He is your life.

– In II John, He is your pattern.

– In III John, He is your motivation.

– In Jude, He is the foundation of your faith.

– In Revelation, He is your coming King.

SHOW ME THE MOTHER

MountainMom
    Participant

This is great!  They cannot come up with anything, though, other than lines that vaguely refer to something they can interpret any way that suits them.  This is so straight forward and undeniable. 

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Gen 3:20, Mother of all the living

Ex 20:12 Honor your father and your mother

Lev 19, obey your mother

etc….. the spiritual meaning is God the Mother [sarcasm]

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Rom 7:14

MountainMom
    Participant

Yes, I knew they would take any reference to a female figure and skew it.  I am impressed, Renita, that you came up with this so fast!  I couldn't have. 

Love'n Honey
    Participant

I just typed mother in the search box. Lol. I didn't even read the verse but with the WMSCOG sometimes you ''don't have to.''

Love'n Honey
    Participant

1 Tim 5:1-3 I guess this is why the other apostolic churches I've been to have a Mother of the Church. But I know why they don't have a Father of the Church because Jesus said not to call anyone his father because there is only 1 Father in heaven. But does this imply that there is no Mother in heaven because Jesus didn't say not to call anyone Mother because there is only 1 Mother which art in heaven??

Questioninginla
    Participant

KF wrote:

SHOW ME THE MOTHER

Let's examine:

Renita brings up a good point with a few verses.

KF verses vastly outnumbers Renita's – philosophically KF wins due to appeal to large numbers.

Separate either KF or Renita in an environment that does not allow critical thought and KF wins 60-something to nothing.  In Renita's environment that consistently stresses her chosen Scripture, she wins 3 to nothing.  Simple as that.

renita.payno wrote:

1 Tim 5:1-3 I guess this is why the other apostolic churches I've been to have a Mother of the Church. But I know why they don't have a Father of the Church because Jesus said not to call anyone his father because there is only 1 Father in heaven. But does this imply that there is no Mother in heaven because Jesus didn't say not to call anyone Mother because there is only 1 Mother which art in heaven??

Stop questioning, submit, and obey.  Questions answered and problem solved.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Questioninginla wrote:

KF wrote:

SHOW ME THE MOTHER

Let's examine:

Renita brings up a good point with a few verses.

KF verses vastly outnumbers Renita's – philosophically KF wins due to appeal to large numbers.

Separate either KF or Renita in an environment that does not allow critical thought and KF wins 60-something to nothing.  In Renita's environment that consistently stresses her chosen Scripture, she wins 3 to nothing.  Simple as that.

renita.payno wrote:

Stop questioning, submit, and obey.  Questions answered and problem solved.

There are plenty of verses that say 'mother' or 'bride'. Notice I put ETC. I'm lazy.. But none of them give an oustanding adjective like almighty, holy, etc.

PS. I'm not understanding your 2nd response. Why can't I question? Submit to who? Why?

Smurf
    Participant

It's sarcasm. Best weapon against stupidity.

Simon
    Participant

An appeal to large numbers would be a fallacy. Not that fallacies always led to incorrect conclusions you just shouldn't rely upon that kind of logic.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Smurf wrote:

It's sarcasm. Best weapon against stupidity.

So, I'm stupid now?

Smurf
    Participant

No ๐Ÿ™‚ i was referring to the WMSCOG and how well Questioningla described their way of thinking. Why is everybody so sensitive ๐Ÿ˜€

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Smurf wrote:

No ๐Ÿ™‚ i was referring to the WMSCOG and how well Questioningla described their way of thinking. Why is everybody so sensitive ๐Ÿ˜€

That's the way I was programmed. =)

Questioninginla
    Participant

renita.payno wrote:

Smurf wrote:

That's the way I was programmed. =)

No offense intended.

And it is likely that it will take some time to adjust to programming.  Think deeper about how things came to be and that should help you realize that – since you're normal, remember – this was a process.  Recognizing that process will help to educate you and understand how things came to be.  A lot of what the brain does is at a deeper level.  If we had to think about every last thing we wouldn't be able to function very well at all.  For example, when the power is out, how many of us still flip the electrical switches?  Recognize with the conscious brain, teach the unconscious brain and expect to make further mistakes.  The only mistake is to stop making mistakes – which isn't really true, its just our self denial that enables the brain to feel comfortable and trick it into thinking we are no longer making mistakes.  Enjoy the gift it is to be human.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Idk what it is about nearly all of your posts Questioningla, but they go way over my head.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Renita, that’s by far a good post!

Sarah2013
    Participant

Questioningla to me, does make a lot of great points; only differently, from a philosophical point of view. Philosophy and Theology can appear to clash each other but the existence of philosophy does help a non biased approach to Theology. I try not to come from a philosophical point of view myself, however, I believe we sometimes do intuitively ration our thoughts from its point of view. It isn’t necessarily right or wrong in the sense of Philosophy.

Liberty
    Participant

Questioninginla wrote:

Recognize with the conscious brain, teach the unconscious brain and expect to make further mistakes.  The only mistake is to stop making mistakes – which isn't really true, its just our self denial that enables the brain to feel comfortable and trick it into thinking we are no longer making mistakes.  Enjoy the gift it is to be human.

I'm not understanding that part. How is to stop making mistakes, a mistake? The last part of your post sounds like two dumb people I know who constantly make mistakes and stupid decisions in life, yet try to justify them or practice self-denial, or ask someone else to bail them out of their problems. I thought one of the "gifts" of being human was to understand your environment and survival. I am guessing that I altogether just didn't get the purpose of the post.

Questioninginla
    Participant

If one decides to stop making mistakes – not humanly possible by the way – then one has simply decided to enter into a realm of perfectionism.  Perfectionism is just another form of a totalistic structure in which nothing is ever good enough.

Understanding ones environment and survival as a human being is essential, yes and agreed.  Sometimes people don't want to do that, because they are afraid of those mistakes or acknowledging the mistake just hurts too much and then they enter the justifying stage and self-denial stage you bring up.

That's why totalism works – its a self feeding monster that internalizes one against oneself in a never-ending cycle to create a stairway to [salvation, or goal].  It's conditional; for this, do that (but no one ever knows up front that it truly never ends).  We can learn from the New Testament that Jesus freed us from this bondage in that our sins are paid for and it is faith, not works & deeds, that get us there.  Faith is not knowing, as opposed to a secret path (appeal to scarcity) in which one feels protected (a culture dish for phobias) and assured of a desired end.

That's about the best I can to at the moment in describing what I meant.

Liberty
    Participant

Wow, that was actually a beautiful post! Thank you so much for explaining that to me, as I completely understand now.

I do unfortunately know some people like that. Instead of just trying to stop while they're ahead (in reference to bad decision making) they justify, deny and continue down the wrong paht. A lot of druggies seem to be like that especially. But even the common person can exhibit some of those qualities to a much smaller extent.

People who don't learn from their mistakes or even try to learn from them just baffle me.

And your second half of your paragraph completely describes how Zion works. And it was so true of my experience. I wanted to go to Heaven so badly and I was so scared of Hell. So I tried to learn to do everything they said. Of course, at the very beginning, I didn't realize that it was impossible. But as soon as they started piling more and more stuff on me, I quickly learned that I was never going to attain that type of perfection. I had to mostly be in Zion- I couldn't have any time for myself. I had to not sin (and everything seemed to be a sin). The wmscog just made me feel like I was a rotten person- its like everything I thought and did was wrong. I knew it was impossible and one day- I just gave up.  So glad I did though.

That is the main reason why today- I am heavily in favor of only doing things that are practical. A lot of bible "Christians" may disagree with me, but after years of trying to strive to the type of Godly "perfection." Especially when I don't even see that model of perfection exbited from many common Christians.

In my point of view- Christians should be classy, intelligent, well-spoken, make good-decisions, be kind, wise, compassionate, loving, professional, generous, sympathetic, big-hearted, understanding, patient, loyal, sincere. I probably left some off the list. Also -good conduct, not be immoral, not be too "worldly." I feel these things are all practical, reasonable and not impossible.

When I see people who claim to be Christian, but they are lacking one of more of the above, I'm like "umm, yeah right! let me go to other direction."

I have seen other groups that I feel sometimes posess those chracteristics better than Christians can. Again that is my veiwpoint. But the Bible wants us to go even futher and beyond that. The wmscog certainly did. I don't think trying to strive for more than that is realistic or practical. 

After my experience with the wmscog, I'm all for things being realistic and pratical in my life right now. I'm not going to kill myself (metaphorically) trying to obtain perfection. If I feel that if I have all the qualities that I listed above, or that I am truly striving to achieve those qualities- than I am happy with myself, and that is enough for me for now.  I'm tired of hearing the word sin, or any type of organized religion or bible interpretation.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.