Topic
    KF
    Participant

Jesus from Genesis to Revelation

The bible from cover to cover, answers the question, "Who is Jesus?"

In the Old Testament:

– In Genesis, He is the Creator God.

– In Exodus, He is the Redeemer.

– In Leviticus, He is your sanctification.

– In Numbers, He is your guide.

– In Deuteronomy, He is your teacher.

– In Joshua, He is the mighty conqueror.

– In Judges, He gives victory over enemies.

– In Ruth, He is your kinsman, your lover, your redeemer.

– In I Samuel, He is the root of Jesse.

– In 2 Samuel, He is the Son of David.

– In 1 Kings and 2 Kings, He is King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

– In 1st and 2nd Chronicles, He is your intercessor and High Priest.

– In Ezra, He is your temple, your house of worship.

– In Nehemiah, He is your mighty wall, protecting you from your enemies.

– In Esther, He stands in the gap to deliver you from your enemies.

– In Job, He is the arbitrator who not only understands your struggles, but has the power to do something about them.

– In Psalms, He is your song–and your reason to sing.

– In Proverbs, He is your wisdom, helping you make sense of life and live it successfully.

– In Ecclesiastes, He is your purpose, delivering you from vanity..

– In the Song of Solomon, He is your lover, your Rose of Sharon.

– In Isaiah, He is the mighty counselor, the prince of peace, the everlasting father, and more. He’s everything you need.

– In Jeremiah, He is your balm of Gilead, the soothing salve for your sin-sick soul.

– In Lamentations, He is the ever-faithful one upon whom you can depend.

– In Ezekiel, He is your wheel in the middle of a wheel–the one who assures that dry, dead bones will come alive again.

– In Daniel, He is the ancient of days, the ever- lasting God who never runs out of time.

– In Hosea, He is your faithful lover, always beckoning you to come back–even when you have abandoned Him.

– In Joel, He is your refuge, keeping you safe in times of trouble.

– In Amos, He is the husbandman, the one you can depend on to stay by your side.

– In Obadiah, He is Lord of the Kingdom.

– In Jonah, He is your salvation, bringing you back within His will.

– In Micah, He is judge of the nation.

– In Nahum, He is the jealous God.

– In Habakkuk, He is the Holy One.

– In Zephaniah, He is the witness.

– In Haggai, He overthrows the enemies.

– In Zechariah, He is Lord of Hosts.

– In Malachi, He is the messenger of the covenant.

In the New Testament:

– In Matthew, He is king of the Jews.

– In Mark, He is the servant.

– In Luke, He is the Son of Man, feeling what you feel.

– In John, He is the Son of God.

– In Acts, He is Savior of the world.

– In Romans, He is the righteousness of God.

– In I Corinthians, He is the rock that followed Israel.

– In II Corinthians, He the triumphant one, giving victory.

– In Galatians, He is your liberty; He sets you free.

– In Ephesians, He is head of the Church.

– In Philippians, He is your joy.

– In Colossians, He is your completeness.

– In I Thessalonians, He is your hope.

– In II Thessalonians, He is your glory.

– In I Timothy, He is your faith.

– In II Timothy, He is your stability.

– In Titus He is your reason for serving.

– In Philemon, He is your benefactor.

– In Hebrews, He is your perfection.

– In James, He is the power behind your faith.

– In I Peter, He is your example.

– In II Peter, He is your purity.

– In I John, He is your life.

– In II John, He is your pattern.

– In III John, He is your motivation.

– In Jude, He is the foundation of your faith.

– In Revelation, He is your coming King.

SHOW ME THE MOTHER

Sarah2013
    Participant

I think pride has a lot to do with non-acceptance, especially when so much is pointing at the errors. That goes for everything in life. Another thing is manner of approach. After all, we all have different personalities and ways of understanding. This is why I can agree or agree to disagree with anyone.

Personalities: Jesus’ twelve disciples had very different personalities. Peter was impulsive, passionate but innately conservative. James and John, called by Jesus, ‘The Sons of Thunder,’ were boisterous, fervent but thoughtful. Thomas had a gloomy, pessimistic, intense disposition. Matthew was probably gregarious and methodical; Philip rather hesitant and lacking confidence; Andrew positive and enterprising. Needless to say there is room for all sorts of personalities in the life of the church. No-man’s personality debars him from the Kingdom of God.

Characters: Jesus did not choose men of perfect character to be his disciples – because, sadly, none existed. Every one of the Twelve had flaws. Peter longed to be well thought of. James and John were intolerant and selfishly ambitious. Judas was devious, secretive, blinkered and materialistic. Thomas could be self-centred and resentful.

Sarah2013
    Participant

FTOS said I agree with anyone who is against Wmscog, and for that my thoughts do not count. This was a statement he made in response yesterday on another thread to Emil. I can see why he would say that about me, however, I still believe in sound judgement. It is wrong to accuse anyone or organization falsely. Truth is the key, and so far most of what I have heard or seen with Wmscog is very consistent. To plead ones case, the evidence must be of real findings and not lies.

Liberty
    Participant

I don't see what it has to do with pride. I think its all about emulating what you want. I'll give a few examples.

For instance- have you ever noticed that millionaires all hang out together? If you want to be wealthy, than I highly suggest that you hang out with wealthy people. Find out what things did they do to get where they are- learn their tips, decision making, thought process, etc, etc

If you want a better education- you will enroll in college. If you want to learn how to dance- you will take dance classes or enroll in a dance academy.

If you want to become a doctor, will you hang around druggies? No, you will most likely enroll in Med school, study hard, go through residency and all the steps you need to take to pursue that goal.

"Birds of a feather flock together." We've all heard that one before. It's that I choose to have remodels that exhibit the types of values, ethics, demeanor, etc that I wish to have. If I know a woman, and I think, "wow, she's awesome, I want to be like her." It has nothing to do with pride- its about placing the people in my life that I feel will encourage me, uplift me, and support me to reach all the goals that I want.

Sarah2013 wrote:

Needless to say there is room for all sorts of personalities in the life of the church. No-man's personality debars him from the Kingdom of God.

Oh how I disagree with that one! I would love to hear someone write an essay on how Hitler belongs in God's Kingdom. I heard that he had quite the personality! Also if that were true, I don't think God would say "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."

Therefore, how does soeone who is impatient, unkind, envious, boastful, proud, dishonorable, self-seeking, bad tempered, writing every wong, delighting in evil, hating the truth, not protecting, not trusting, not hopeful, not perserving, always failing have a place in the Kingdom of God?

I take that passage to mean that we should have love and we should all have those qualities. If it didn't matter what our personality was like, then I don't see why God would write that in the first place.

Also, I think God said somewhere "it's only the sick who need a doctor." He didn't go to the people with good qualities, because they didn't need the help. He went to those who needed to change. That showed a bigger extent of God's mercy.

Also the disciples CHANGED. Back then, fisherman were very "rough around the edges" and had really coarse language. However, look at the eloquence and intelligence that they later developed to write the books of the New Testament. I could only dream of having the insight and eloquence that Peter, Paul, John etc did once they were transformed.

Yes, the word of God is open to all, however after receiving it, you can't stay the same flawed human being that you were before. Also if I am trying to draw closer to God, become more spiritual, learn more about his Word, etc, etc., I am going to want to do so from a person that I consider to be a good rolemodel. God's grace has to really shine through that person like a lightbulb.

On the other hand, if if someone with a whacked-out personality, bad manners/demeanor, sketchy morals is trying to tell me about God- I am going to run away from them.

I understand that we are all on different levels, different paths, and we relate to different things. Someone who would be my rolemodel might not be the right person for someone else. However, I have my ideas about what Christianity should be, and I think there should be some general consensus/standard. Maybe not quite my standard- but some general standard period that most can agree upon. I'm tired of things being watered down to make people feel better about their faults.

And the point I was trying to make earlier, but it may have gotten lost- is that no one is perfect. I understand that, and I also believe that no one will ever be perfect. That's why I believe we shouln't strive for perfection, but for what's pratical. And I did feel all the qualities that I listed were practical.

Sarah2013
    Participant

In the life of the church is the key. If a practicing Christian, ones personality will coincide with the word. You can still be a follower of Christ and yet have some flaws to your personality. Look at the apostles, some were quick to act, yet, God saw them fit.

Sarah2013
    Participant

If this life were about perfection, then we have all missed the road, I Think.

Liberty
    Participant

Sarah2013 wrote:

In the life of the church is the key. If a practicing Christian, ones personality will coincide with the word. .

Yes, I agree to this 100%. A practicing Christian's personality should coincide with the word. Yes!

Sarah2013 wrote:

You can still be a follower of Christ and yet have some flaws to your personality.

Yes, this is true as no one is perfect. However, I still think it depends on the type of flaws. They should be minor, at best. No "Hitler-type" flaws. And also "some" flaws, not many.

Sarah2013 wrote:

Look at the apostles, some were quick to act, yet, God saw them fit.

I still think it was about God showing the extent of his Mercy. I think so people could say, "Wow, look at how God changed them. If he could do that for them, then he could do the same for me." I think it was to show the miraculous ways that God can work in someone's life. And also to show people that no matter how flawed you may be at the start- God still loves you and can work with you.

Sarah2013 wrote:

If this life were about perfection, then we have all missed the road, I Think.

Lol, I most definitely have. That's why I strive for practicality and being the best invidual that I can possible be. Now while that isn't perfection, it's still a wonderful goal in which I have lots of hope and inspiration in striving for. Perfection went out the window as soon as I left Zion. I will not strive for something thats' impossible. But if I know that I can do it, then I'm all for trying my best and giving 100% effort to achieve it.

Btw, I do greatly appreciate your responses here Sarah. It has been an interesting discussion for me thus far. I also feel good being able to vent in this forum. It's also good to hear different perspectives. I often wondered, "Am I the only one who feels this way when it comes to Christianity?" It can be such a confusing topic.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Not at all Liberty. Do feel free to agree or disagree with me. I understand when people mean well and know when they just want to hurt feelings. You mean well.. There is a lot I don’t understand but this site is really helping me. I log on even when at work since I am my own boss. Lol.

Sarah2013
    Participant

I have made some good friends here. They PM me when I may be wrong or too quick and I listen to them.

Liberty
    Participant

You are your own boss! Lucky you! I hope to be like that someday.

Do you enjoy your job?

And although I know I may have a tendency to come across as "stuck-up" to some, I really do mean well. So thank you very much for saying that. I am just a lost and imperfect soul who is truly trying to become closer to God and understand more about him.

Though I haven't met you yet, I think you would be one of the people that I would consider to be a good rolemodel. You are sincere, and I believe that you practice what you preach. I don't care that you aren't "perfect," but at least you try your best.

And sigh- it's 1:44am. I need to get myself to bed. This forum can be addicting!

Sarah2013
    Participant

I hear you.

Viewing 10 replies - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.