What do we need to do to receive eternal life?

• Creator
    Topic
    Joshua
    Participant

Jesus set an example for us in regards to how we receive eternal life. Remember the rich young man in Matthew 19:16? He asked Jesus, "Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?" Jesus answered, "if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.(Matthew 19:17) In Matthew 19:18 the young man asked, "Which?" Jesus answered, "Thou shalt not murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honor thy father and thy mother, and Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself." Note that Jesus did not mention Sabbath, Passover, or the festivals? If Sabbath, Passover and the festivals are so important why didn't Jesus mention them when asked? Here's another shocker, the Passover and the festivals are not even mentioned in the Ten Commandments. The only one that is included in the Ten Commandments is the Sabbath. A similar dialogue exists in Luke 18:18-30. I bring this to you but again, don't take my word for it. Use your bible, look it up, and figure it out for yourself. I love you so much that when I find truth I will continue to bring it to you. I will not hold the light under a basket but I will place it so that the light will show for all to see. Salvation is a gift not something we have to earn. Salvation is not supposed to be difficult, but attainable for everyone. (Matthew 11:2-30) Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, I will give you rest. (Not a pile of works to go do or an expectation for recruiting.) Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, (Jesus did not put down others seeking the truth.) and you will find rest for your souls. (He give you rest.) For my yolk is easy and my burden is light.

Live in the truth of Jesus Christ and no other. He frees you from bondage, law, and works. We do what he asks out of love not expectation or obligation. 

WMS brother
    Participant

Joshua wrote:

Jesus set an example for us in regards to how we receive eternal life. Remember the rich young man in Matthew 19:16? He asked Jesus, "Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?" Jesus answered, "if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.(Matthew 19:17) In Matthew 19:18 the young man asked, "Which?" Jesus answered, "Thou shalt not murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honor thy father and thy mother, and Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself." Note that Jesus did not mention Sabbath, Passover, or the festivals? If Sabbath, Passover and the festivals are so important why didn't Jesus mention them when asked? Here's another shocker, the Passover and the festivals are not even mentioned in the Ten Commandments. The only one that is included in the Ten Commandments is the Sabbath. A similar dialogue exists in Luke 18:18-30. I bring this to you but again, don't take my word for it. Use your bible, look it up, and figure it out for yourself. I love you so much that when I find truth I will continue to bring it to you. I will not hold the light under a basket but I will place it so that the light will show for all to see. Salvation is a gift not something we have to earn. Salvation is not supposed to be difficult, but attainable for everyone. (Matthew 11:2-30) Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, I will give you rest. (Not a pile of works to go do or an expectation for recruiting.) Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, (Jesus did not put down others seeking the truth.) and you will find rest for your souls. (He give you rest.) For my yolk is easy and my burden is light.

Live in the truth of Jesus Christ and no other. He frees you from bondage, law, and works. We do what he asks out of love not expectation or obligation. 

Actually if you read on in numbers and deuteronomy the ten commandments and all of the feasts of god were written on to the same tablet. It was ALL considered the law. There was no such thing as just "the ten commandments" that is a human device we made up.

The same Jesus who said "keep the commandments" is the same Jesus who said "if you do not eat my flesh and drink my blook, you have no life in you."

WMS brother
    Participant

loocpoc wrote:

In Devarim it even states that the law is binding and forever and any change would be a false prophet and messiah

The Law wasn't changed. The Law itself included prophets which dictated the terms of how and when and for how long all of the laws would be in effect. The Law od Moses included prophecies about the Law of Christ, so for accuracy's sake you could call it just one Law of God. It is all part of one plan from beginning to end.

The problem is that nobody -paid attention- so they think "oh hey this is a change" when in reality it was written about 600 bc and earlier.

Even the BEST scholars and Pharises at Jesus time did not accept the things that we now know to be truth. The wisdom of man has -always- been a joke.

WMS brother
    Participant

loocpoc wrote:

Phariseism is a school of thought and not a people. You just wrote the law was changed and I will quote:

"The same Jesus who said "keep the commandments" is the same Jesus who said "if you do not eat my flesh and drink my blook, you have no life in you." "

Right there was a change.

Don't you know that Bread and Wine observence was kept in the Old Testament under the order of the Melchizadek?

Also, Jeremiah 31:31 "The time is coming," declares the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah."

According to the Old Testament itself, it was destined to be "changed". Making it a lot less of a heretical change, and more of what is supposed to happen all along.

Simon
    Participant

Change physical to spiritual shadow to reality  not law 1 to law 2

Simon
    Participant

Then Abraham sinned tithing to him.

Simon
    Participant

You don't give gifts to false God's

Jubilee
    Participant

Exactly.

Simon
    Participant

You just called him a false God.

ed144
    Participant

explain what came befor melchiezedek broak bread and wine who cares if the former has been fabricated. 2 fundamental differences between Adam and Eve One Adam is made of "DUST OF THE GROUND" and EVE is form Adam rib For he said " this is now bones of my bones" for she shale be called woman for SHE came out of man. What funny is it cannot be taken in principal more can this be explained by the church any longer for what you perceive as persecution are only questions that have arisen as a result of a question that led to many more that have not be answered within reason. This is but one of many which have been avoided by the church that you cannot answer within reason and common sense. I have even called out the WMSCOG for a public forum and have emailed them many of the concerns of many members who have seen the change in doctrine if you don’t know what they are you have not been a member or are in denial .So please explain and stop living by faith outside of the answers that a church with a solid foundation could answer with the foundation of truth that leads to justice it’s the only way to salvation. It is the very fundamental part of our constitution. It should mean as it is on earth shale it be in heaven then if you must live by it on earth as a law of man the let it be done spiritually to. Truth always has the answer and when it can’t be achieved how can it be said to be true? Why do you keep the constitution for man and not God himself was it not laid down by him for are earthly example and yet you nullify it. I have faith I’m not Shure what you have because it has not been made clear by the church but it is a good example of how the studies go when someone does not hear or agree with the message an excommunication by many means. I know what’s going on. You are inside the box. The one the church tells that all others are in because they don’t hear the church message so fined answers so you can send upright in front of god a claim a solid truth.

Sorry do you understand Adam was made of dust where there is no human DNA and God put life into his spirit or same as DNA. That is the miracle of his creation when Adam was formed that it why he is like God in his image. Eve was taken from Adams DNA and she was bone of my bones his DNA taken out of man. Mankind can do this very creation of people today are they blowing life into dirt then who still holds the power of creation?

Simon
    Participant

then Melchizedek was a false God and Abram sinned by giving a false God a gift.

Simon
    Participant

So you are saying Melchzedek was a priest for a false God then makes more sense, I would still think that sinful but at least you make more sense now.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.