What do we need to do to receive eternal life?

• Creator
    Topic
    Joshua
    Participant

Jesus set an example for us in regards to how we receive eternal life. Remember the rich young man in Matthew 19:16? He asked Jesus, "Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?" Jesus answered, "if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.(Matthew 19:17) In Matthew 19:18 the young man asked, "Which?" Jesus answered, "Thou shalt not murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honor thy father and thy mother, and Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself." Note that Jesus did not mention Sabbath, Passover, or the festivals? If Sabbath, Passover and the festivals are so important why didn't Jesus mention them when asked? Here's another shocker, the Passover and the festivals are not even mentioned in the Ten Commandments. The only one that is included in the Ten Commandments is the Sabbath. A similar dialogue exists in Luke 18:18-30. I bring this to you but again, don't take my word for it. Use your bible, look it up, and figure it out for yourself. I love you so much that when I find truth I will continue to bring it to you. I will not hold the light under a basket but I will place it so that the light will show for all to see. Salvation is a gift not something we have to earn. Salvation is not supposed to be difficult, but attainable for everyone. (Matthew 11:2-30) Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, I will give you rest. (Not a pile of works to go do or an expectation for recruiting.) Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, (Jesus did not put down others seeking the truth.) and you will find rest for your souls. (He give you rest.) For my yolk is easy and my burden is light.

Live in the truth of Jesus Christ and no other. He frees you from bondage, law, and works. We do what he asks out of love not expectation or obligation. 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.