The Wms exposed on the Today Show!

• Creator
    Topic
    MountainMom
    Participant

There was a segment on the Today Show exposing the Wms and how they tear families apart. If you missed it you can go to their website and watch it, I believe.  It was posted on Facebook as well. 

No wonder they have a big PR campaign going at this time to counter this claim.  Like Momsix said, they are trying to change some things.  Well I see that as exactly what it is, an attempt to establish plausible deniability.  They actually let some of their members go home for Christmas this year.  My son hasn't been home for Christmas for SEVEN years!

Brian Taylor
    Participant

jw03550 wrote:

ReHassan freebie:  pretty much all of them offer a freebie 1st – like, 30 minutes.

Brian Taylor wrote:

if he is so convinced that we have got it all wrong and are only proponents of the problem why does he stay?

because your thinking, Brian, is a$$ backwards, that's why.

Brian Taylor wrote:

Well, I just don't think that it's our fault that people remain in the wms for long periods of time.

1) I'll probably want to prove my parents wrong for the rest of my life.  Parents that jump on here and go cult, cult, cult, all day long might just as well hang a sign over their doorsteps that say, "welcome home from your cult. I told you I was right all along, dummie".

2) Its your assumption: I just don't think that it's our fault that people remain in the wms for long periods of time.

…the vast majority of the blame falls upon the group.  However, if we think we get a blank check to act however we want, and get to assume that zero blame for extending that membership, then we can say and or do anything we want.  That's being blinded by our own thinking, and it hurts those that need help.

Ok, but you never addressed my initial point. It has always been very clear that you think everyone but you has their head up their a$$. With this being so, wouldnt it make sense to go and get your friend out then come back here, make a video or whatever and say "see, look! I did it".If you were to do that you might seem more legit, and we would perhaps be more inclined to listen to you as opposed to what you are doing now. which is just giving constant put downs and telling everyone that CULT is a bad word and we should't express ourselfes.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

I hate that c- word. I prefer to a(cquire) $$. But CULT sounds harsh. How about we talk about religious confusion instead?

Brian Taylor
    Participant

@ mayor and mike I can see where you’re coming from but “religious confusion” jyst does embrace the aspect of control and deception enough. But I like the word cult. It heavy and condeming, even sound like the bang of a gavel in an otomotapea type of way ” CULT” *thunder cracks in the back ground* don’t yah think?

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

It IS heavy and condemning. Its like a swear word. CULT! 

Ya, you be right. Religious confusion doesn't grasp control and deception here, the real problem here.

It seems to me they gain ground by "means" of deception.

Hey look, we are a church so give us money if you want salvation, but truly we are non profit and don't want to pay tax. You pay up, we don't. 

Anonymous
    Inactive

Mayor and Mike wrote:

… And who are you JW. Was your old name simon? And what size of tires do you roll with?

He was the old Shimon, the Simon, now JW …… interesting Joshua got upset with that post above, because Joshua helped him get out of the cult.  I just ignore his posts for the most part, although occasionally he makes a valid point.  He was in the cult for awhile, probably has some friends left in it.  The difference between the oppressive environment of a cult like WMSCOG and normal human behavior (forming in like minded groups like this one) eludes him.   I think Joshua needs more time to help him recover from his WMSCOG experience.  Sorry to put the burden on you, Joshua …..     ๐Ÿ™‚ !

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Really? Joshua helped him out of the wms? But what's his problem? He's right when he says people are doing more than just examining on this site. But so is he. We should remember we are on the same side here. It's all fine Hoch halter. It's easy to change your name but not easy to change your writing style. JW is not the only one with different names on this site. I suppose I don't need to point them out. I should change my name too. Maybe: Man in the mountains? Anyways, I'll think of something. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

jw03550
    Participant

Brian Taylor wrote:

and telling everyone that CULT is a bad word and we should't express ourselfes.

You still don't get it.

I'm arguing that parents that post and are known by the member to post, that the use of it puts a metaphorical sign over their door.  Then, placing 100% – and all of that 100% – on the group and at the same time continuing to post – just accept the part being played in the member right-fighting in the cold war of is-it-a-cult.

As for "everyone", the closest I came to that was arguing to get rid of these categorical descriptions of what a so-called cult is.  No one wants to be in one so….er….yeah…people are going to look for reasons that they are not in one instead of reasons that they are in one.  As for members that are out, sure, go ahead and use the word, just consider what you thought when/if you did/wouldhave visited this site, what effect it had on how you interpreted anything helpful – like the videos you posts.  Just because you want things to be a certain way does not make it so.  I struggle with that myself.

As for addressing your claim of constant put downs – maybe mothers rules rubbed off so well that we all should only say what is positive in whatever group we belong to now and forever more.  Being the one that thinks differently still stinks. out or in does not matter because out of one means in another group of some sort.

Brian Taylor
    Participant

jw03550 wrote:

Brian Taylor wrote:

and telling everyone that CULT is a bad word and we should't express ourselfes.

You still don't get it.

I'm arguing that parents that post and are known by the member to post, that the use of it puts a metaphorical sign over their door.  Then, placing 100% – and all of that 100% – on the group and at the same time continuing to post – just accept the part being played in the member right-fighting in the cold war of is-it-a-cult.

As for "everyone", the closest I came to that was arguing to get rid of these categorical descriptions of what a so-called cult is.  No one wants to be in one so….er….yeah…people are going to look for reasons that they are not in one instead of reasons that they are in one.  As for members that are out, sure, go ahead and use the word, just consider what you thought when/if you did/wouldhave visited this site, what effect it had on how you interpreted anything helpful – like the videos you posts.  Just because you want things to be a certain way does not make it so.  I struggle with that myself.

As for addressing your claim of constant put downs – maybe mothers rules rubbed off so well that we all should only say what is positive in whatever group we belong to now and forever more.  Being the one that thinks differently still stinks. out or in does not matter because out of one means in another group of some sort.

How do you know about mother's teachings???? I didnt see them discussed on the site??? you must've once been a member yourself simon/shimon.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

That's right, be a lamb that is smaller than the lamb JW. 

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

As for you Brian, have a broad and beautiful mind. 

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Lol

Brian Taylor
    Participant

ohhhhh gawd!!! I do!!! I wanna help simon with his cheeto addiction. I am very concerned for this fellow's well being!

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Haha. Btw Taco Bell is putting cheetos in their sliders. I think might get me some. 

jw03550
    Participant

Brian Taylor wrote:

How do you know about mother's teachings???? I didnt see them discussed on the site???

All it would take is an educated guess because that's how the system works whether it is WMSCOG or any other controlling group.  No negative is basically making the organization perfect.  At the very least, the members are sitting out on an island thinking they are the only ones thinking "bad/negative" thoughts.

And another thing.  every ex-member must have at least 1 positive thing they got out of their membership?  Years are lost, sure, but everyone must go on, so why not take a positive somewhere?  Groups like this one are going to sue people to shut them up, but don't you think if there was a positive thing posted here or there that this would helped Michelle's case even more – or that in a counter suit it would establish her claim for damages since the site would live up to its examining name by having some positives out there?

Nope, I've been told that I take WMSCOGs side "every time", etc.  This all-or-nothing thinking is still sticky even after the group.  Lose it and life gets easier.imo 

Brian Taylor
    Participant

jw03550 wrote:

Brian Taylor wrote:

How do you know about mother's teachings???? I didnt see them discussed on the site???

All it would take is an educated guess because that's how the system works whether it is WMSCOG or any other controlling group.  No negative is basically making the organization perfect.  At the very least, the members are sitting out on an island thinking they are the only ones thinking "bad/negative" thoughts.

And another thing.  every ex-member must have at least 1 positive thing they got out of their membership?  Years are lost, sure, but everyone must go on, so why not take a positive somewhere?  Groups like this one are going to sue people to shut them up, but don't you think if there was a positive thing posted here or there that this would helped Michelle's case even more – or that in a counter suit it would establish her claim for damages since the site would live up to its examining name by having some positives out there?

Nope, I've been told that I take WMSCOGs side "every time", etc.  This all-or-nothing thinking is still sticky even after the group.  Lose it and life gets easier.imo 

Noooo, its not an educated guess, that is way too specific. You had to be a memeber, which only further confirms everyone's suspicion about you being simon/shimon. Because of your dishonesty and sketchyness, I am done talking with you.

jw03550
    Participant

Brian Taylor wrote:

Noooo, its not an educated guess, that is way too specific. You had to be a memeber, which only further confirms everyone's suspicion about you being simon/shimon. Because of your dishonesty and sketchyness, I am done talking with you.

Translation:  he lost.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

JW, are you a current member?

jw03550
    Participant

omg NO.

so-called cults shun.  they don't talk against father, now the spirit, so that they will burn for all of eternity.  People "out" understand that while "in" this can be a reasoning for cutting off from family members that talk bad – we are "saving" them.  Maybe I should have just said that to MM, idk.

I really do have a friend in, and to me a 1% chance is greater than zero so whatever that chance I want to give it to him. And that means that sometimes we do actually have to play by the rules of the group.  Matthew 10:16 has more meaning than to justify lying, you know.

Brian Taylor
    Participant

Mayor and Mike wrote:

JW, are you a current member?

mayor and mike, you can do as you wish, but heinrich hochalter is right, lets not waste out time witht this guy. He is not honest about who he is and he'll never admit otherwise. Even though it is so evident that he is a former member who previously posted under the name shimon. All he does is attack others and attempt to antagonize. But pay him no mind, and he'll fade away.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Ok JW. And ok Brian. I agree with a few things he says. But I think we are on the same side. We should be when we are here because we are supposed to be examining the you know who. I don't want to pick sides. I'll be neutral for now. 

Viewing 20 replies - 101 through 120 (of 159 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.