WMS members claim; We only follow the Bible. If it in there then we do it. YA, RIGHT!

• Creator
    Topic
    Joshua
    Participant

How many victums have been told during their initial days with the WMSCOG that they only follow the Bible? How many WMSCOG members have told others this same thing? How many times have the members of this forum been told this pile as some sort of justification for the WMS members attutude and / or judgements of us? We only follow what the Bible says and nobody else does. Sorry folks, I'm not buying it!

Here's a question for all of the people who say this kind of stuff; (This is not limited to the WMSCOG!) If you truly follow the Bible word for word like you want everyone to believe then where have you buried or hidden the bodies of the children that you have killed? In Deuteronomy it talks about putting to death children that are disobedient. You claim to follow the Bible word for word so where are the bodies?

Now they may come back with thats old testament. We don't do that now. Or some other excuse. Kinda strange because the feast are all old testament as well but they choose to do those. We know this is bondage but they choose to enslave themselves with this. (See Galations)

Here's another question for them out of the new testaments; You claim to follow the Bible word for word? Show me the scar's you have from your self mutilization practices! (Read Mark for this.)

The point is that no one who claims to follow the Bible word for word and uses that as the reason why their beliefs are right really does. As for the WMSCOG and their claims to be following Gods word obviously they are liars! If they are so comfortable lying to their members then I say that their father is the father of lies. The best lies contain 99% truth. This how they are able to con most of their members. Their lies seem like the truth especially when you can misuse the Bible in order to make them seem right.

I have thrown this out before but I'm going to do it again! Show me where in the Bible that Jesus teaches about a god the mother. Show me in the Bible where the Appostles taught anyone directly or indirectly about a possible god the mother. The reason why I don't see the "hidden teachings" about god the mother is because they are not there! Any comments folks? There should be tons of them on this topic!

Jesus of Nazareth
    Participant

Joshua wrote:

How many victums have been told during their initial days with the WMSCOG that they only follow the Bible? How many WMSCOG members have told others this same thing? How many times have the members of this forum been told this pile as some sort of justification for the WMS members attutude and / or judgements of us? We only follow what the Bible says and nobody else does. Sorry folks, I'm not buying it!

Here's a question for all of the people who say this kind of stuff; (This is not limited to the WMSCOG!) If you truly follow the Bible word for word like you want everyone to believe then where have you buried or hidden the bodies of the children that you have killed? In Deuteronomy it talks about putting to death children that are disobedient. You claim to follow the Bible word for word so where are the bodies?

Now they may come back with thats old testament. We don't do that now. Or some other excuse. Kinda strange because the feast are all old testament as well but they choose to do those. We know this is bondage but they choose to enslave themselves with this. (See Galations)

Here's another question for them out of the new testaments; You claim to follow the Bible word for word? Show me the scar's you have from your self mutilization practices! (Read Mark for this.)

The point is that no one who claims to follow the Bible word for word and uses that as the reason why their beliefs are right really does. As for the WMSCOG and their claims to be following Gods word obviously they are liars! If they are so comfortable lying to their members then I say that their father is the father of lies. The best lies contain 99% truth. This how they are able to con most of their members. Their lies seem like the truth especially when you can misuse the Bible in order to make them seem right.

I have thrown this out before but I'm going to do it again! Show me where in the Bible that Jesus teaches about a god the mother. Show me in the Bible where the Appostles taught anyone directly or indirectly about a possible god the mother. The reason why I don't see the "hidden teachings" about god the mother is because they are not there! Any comments folks? There should be tons of them on this topic!

Excellent points.  For that matter, where does it say in the new testament to give 10% of anything ? It doesn't.  I think it says, save me a little somethin somethin'.  Yeah boy; and even if it did say 10%, which it doesn't, that 10% isn't for any particular church, it's money to be given away to the poor.  Sell all your goods and follow me said Jesus. Seems these churchs these days ignore that part of the bible, huh ?   

Joshua
    Participant

I usually don't comment too much to the J of N or the father Stained comments. Most of the time you guys go in a direction that I don't care to follow. Outside of our forum I am friends with some of you guys and I have spent time in PM's with you guys. This time I feel compelled to comment. I agree with the point that J of N made here. As I feel that everyone should support their local flocks and any ministry they feel lead to there is nothing that says it has to be 10%. It does tell us not to be a burden on anybody and to feed and support the poor. It even talks about being blessed for doing so. Everybody can do something and I want to encourage everybody to in fact do something. You can start by sending the administration of this website funds to help with legal expences. The WMSCOG likes to sue people that stand up to them and if you have read the legal arguments posted on this website then you know that these folks have been attacked heavily by the WMSCOG. You don't need to send 10% but if you can help out I suggest that you contact them. The folks that setup this website do need and deserve our help and support.

P.S. Please continue to post about this topic. I'm sure there are more examples of how they don't follow the Bible. Thank you J of N for your comment.

MountainMom
    Participant

Hi Joshua,

There are so many examples of how they don't follow the Bible that I don't know exactly where to start.  How many times does God have to tell people in the Bible that there is only one of Him?  He has stated it so very many times, that it is crystal clear, and that He really wanted them to know not to worship other gods.  And it is the first commandment as well.  And how about in Deuteronomy where it says that you should not be convinced by others to follow a religion that was unknown to your father?   Or not to follow people who say "There is Jesus,"  because there would be many false prophets and many would be fooled?   Another big one is honoring your father and mother.  They don't do that once the wms gets a hold on them.  So many others.  I'll let others have a turn. 

Simon
    Participant

I’m not sure I can agree with your specific examples but they do like to say everything is from the bible but then you can cite examples and they say mother says this father said that seemsan ENORMOUS coptout

MountainMom
    Participant

This was discussed before, but the wmscog also celebrates birthdays and isn't adverse to saying Happy New Year.  Where are those things in the Bible?  I actually had someone from the wmscog deny that they celebrated birthdays, but I know they even had cakes and little parties in the Chicago church for members in the past.  Saw a picture of Ahnsahnghong celebrating his birthday too.  Fact. 

You know, I don't care if they want to do little celebrations that aren't in the Bible.  Jesus liked people to do nice things of  their own imagination.  He liked people to be happy.  I know what He didn't like though, and the wmscog does a lot of those things.

Joshua
    Participant

I thought there would be more discussion about this topic.

MountainMom
    Participant

So did I.  Good topic, things just seem a little slow right now. 

NB
    Participant

They celebrates everything althought they tends to deny it in front of new recruits…. heck, They even celebrate Xmas… They just changed the description of Xmas to Mr Anh supposed Bday…. Which is quite ironic actually, Not to mention bit silly.

Simon
    Participant

false example they celebrate ASH's birthday different days by the gregorian calendar every year

NB
    Participant

Well, When I was there in 2011-2012… In Medan city, Indonesia chapter, They do celebrate something in 25th Dec 2011, Since before that they told me that most of the common believes regarding christianity were human fabricated, Ofcourse I asked what did they celebrating about…. and one of them answered with its Anh Bday.

I personaly never really care to ask much deeper about it, due to the only reason im there was to acompany my girl who joined a (from my point of view that time) a newage religion group….  

Simon
    Participant

Yes in 2011 Ahn Sahng Hongs birthday did land on 25 December they go by the chinese calendar when celebrating his birthday (which is questionable I would use the Sacred calendar if I thought he was God

emil
    Participant

The wmscog bible should not have the gospel of John. It contradicts them in so many places starting right from the first few verses.

Smurf
    Participant

Don't worry, they just tape together the pages they're not supposed to read (yes, with actual duct tape, I almost fell off my chair when I saw this) and they seldomly read something that's not highlighted in yellow.

Wouldn't it be odd if they introduced a whole other translation like the New World Translation with the Jehova's Witnesses? ^^

Smurf
    Participant

double post, my bad

Simon
    Participant

emil wrote:

The wmscog bible should not have the gospel of John. It contradicts them in so many places starting right from the first few verses.

They use it quite extensively 

emil
    Participant

OK lets just look at John 1. This will give an idea of what I mean. All taken from their favourite NIV.

John 1:1-2 – Word = Jesus. He was there from the beginning. He was with God (Father). Obviously Father and Jesus are two separate entities existing since eternity. Jesus is not just a name we call God starting from a specific age. He is the eternal Word.

Verses 3-4 go on with Jesus being involved with creation. Remarkable absense of any female deity too.

9-13 – further testimony about believing in His name.

14 – The one and only Son came from the Father. Again obviosuly two entities.

18 – Again confirms the separate entities Father and Son.

32-33 – Two sentences which show the Holy Spirit is a separate and co-existent entity as well. So now we have Father, Son and Holy Spirit all co-existent, all present.

36 – "Lamb of God" obviously the Lamb and God (understood as the Father) are not the same.

43-51 – Story of Nathanael. In defending the total absence of miracles in ASH's ministry, wmscog members claim that ASH, like Jesus, was recognised as God because of his teaching and not his miracles. They erroneously use the encounter with the Samaritan woman, appearing in a later chapter, to prove their point. There are so many examples in the Gospels to prove this false. This is one example. Nathanael had not heard Jesus preaching till this point. He had just been introduced. He came to believe in Jesus because it was miraculous that Jesus knew so much about him, though they had just met. Most people believed in Jesus because of His mighty works, not because of His preaching.

There is much more in the Gospel that falsifies the wmscog. This is just the first chapter.

Simon
    Participant

You are interpreting it one way assuming no one could possibly interpret it differently

emil
    Participant

Let's hear some reasonable alternatives.

admin
    Keymaster

Hola.  

Simon
    Participant

not even sure yours is

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.