Where do tithes & offerings go?

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    Disturbed
    Participant

As a member I was taught that our tithes & offerings go to the “True God” in the order of Melchizedek. We keep the New Covenant Passover and in return give a tenth of everything to God. Now I was told all the money goes to Korea and “mother” determines how the money is spent, as she is god on earth. Now I’m hearing the church is distancing themselves from Korea saying they’re not affiliated with the WMSCOG headquarters in Korea. I wanted to confirm this before I made this post. I found the exact information in the lawsuit WMSCOG and Mark Ortiz against Michele Colon and Tyler Newton. Lines 34 and 35 state this church is an independent entity, legally and functionally.

If that is so, where the heck did my tithes and offerings go? In case you can’t tell I’m angry as heck! I never questioned this while I was a member because since they told me the money goes to Korea why would I think my “church” would lie to me. But why do we defer to Korea headquarters for so many things then if the churches are independent entities? You can’t have your cake and eat it too. Either you are separate or not. I have not seen or heard of any financial transparency so the question remains….where do the tithes and offerings go?

Where do the tithes and offerings go?

Anyone have a valid answer? Where do the tithes and offerings go?

Disturbed
    Participant

Exactly my point!!! The members pay for everything at MOST zions.

Simon
    Participant

Interesting list

KF
    Participant

KF
    Participant

Simon wrote:

Interesting list

let me guess Simon, you did not experience this at your location.

Simon
    Participant

Some I did some I did not

jellybean
    Participant

About the Children tithing, basically the parents tithe about what the spend in their child because that is considered the Child’s income and because they also have a SOUL and they need to go to HEAVEN they have to pay tithe.

Disturbed
    Participant

Children don’t have income! We fell for the the old banana in the tailpipe! Just another ruse to get more money.

KF
    Participant

jellybean wrote:

About the Children tithing, basically the parents tithe about what the spend in their child because that is considered the Child's income and because they also have a SOUL and they need to go to HEAVEN they have to pay tithe.

I can't find anything in the bible supporting that children need to pay tithe in order to go to heaven.  We can't buy our way to heaven.  All the money in the world could not get us in.  Did you get a chance to see this  http://www.eclecticsite.com/tithing.html 

Sarah2013
    Participant

Kim wrote:

jellybean wrote:

About the Children tithing, basically the parents tithe about what the spend in their child because that is considered the Child's income and because they also have a SOUL and they need to go to HEAVEN they have to pay tithe.

I can't find anything in the bible supporting that children need to pay tithe in order to go to heaven.  We can't buy our way to heaven.  All the money in the world could not get us in.  Did you get a chance to see this  http://www.eclecticsite.com/tithing.html

I like this tithing info…. However, it still matters which God we are tithing to? If I claim to be of some deity, start a church, and build a large congregation, can I still be entitled to tithes? After all, it's a church and I am using the Bible to preach. If the answer is yes, then we have no real argument here. Tithing for me was more to please God and be blessed by him. Now, I don't want to hear anything about it. 

Sarah2013
    Participant

I'm thinking about starting my own church but mine will be more for business. Anyone care to be a member of my church? 

emil
    Participant

On the matter of children tithing, lets look at it this way.

Abraham tithed by giving 10% of his harvest from the first fruit. There was no currency in those days. So that is 10% of his (family) income. Now he has 90% of his harvest for himself and to feed his family. So he feeds Sarah and Isaac. If you accept the wmscog teaching, he would have to tithe 10% of the stuff he was feeding them.

What about Hagar and Ishmael and all the rest of his household? I believe he had a lot of servants by the end. Would there be a 10% tithe for the stuff he fed all of them?

Conclusion: Once Abraham paid his first 10% and was left with 90%, all they had were expenses, not income. The idea of tithing 10% of expenses is ridiculous. Certainly not biblical.

emil
    Participant

Sarah2013 wrote:

I'm thinking about starting my own church but mine will be more for business. Anyone care to be a member of my church? 

You should advertise a discount. Something like "only 5% tithing for the first 100 members". Or perhaps "become a member and your spouse gets in free".

Sarah2013
    Participant

emil wrote:

Sarah2013 wrote:

You should advertise a discount. Something like "only 5% tithing for the first 100 members". Or perhaps "become a member and your spouse gets in free".

Lol! You have a great sense of humor. I like that, friend. Do you think after I do that God will forgive me since I know he is a forgiving God. 1 john 1:9? Why not do it after all, he said I can ask for forgiveness if I sin. What do you think? I mean, come on…. my Lord isn't coming now so why not do as I please even if it means desecrating the bible. 

emil
    Participant

I know you're joking but that kidding actually is a huge indictment of the "once saved always saved" doctrine. As to your last sentence, you were a member of the wmscog and you have forgotten the parable of the 10 virgins? ๐Ÿ™‚

Simon
    Participant

Some children get allowance if tithe is necessary then id say that should be tithed but that isn’t what wmscog does

btw isaac wasn’t even conceived yet

emil
    Participant

Simon wrote:

Some children get allowance if tithe is necessary then id say that should be tithed but that isn't what wmscog does

btw isaac wasn't even conceived yet

I was talking hypothetically since the concept of tithing is higlighted with Abraham tithing to Melchizedek. I was outlining what would happen in a typical OT family.

Simon
    Participant

Okie dokie ๐Ÿ™‚

Stained
    Participant

I'll bet they Jam out to this tune up there @ HQ in Seoul:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwDDswGsJ60 

Simon
    Participant

not available on mobile

jellybean
    Participant

I want to mention that after Abraham tithed, as far as I know it does not say that he did it every Month or every time his assets increased.

Viewing 20 replies - 61 through 80 (of 106 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.