What happens at the church services

• Creator
    Topic
    Jjw808
    Participant

Hi I’ve just been baptised and was just wondering are the church services like a traditional church service or is it just bible study?

Jjw808
    Participant

ok so I did some more study with the missionary’s but what I did not get was why they kept using the Catholic Church as examples to try and prove why their teachings are untrue and that their cog church is the true church, I mean I already told them that my former church was nowhere near the catholic religion with all the traditions and religious symbols so I don’t know how that was really relevant in the study’s that I had, I know hardly Anything about anything Catholic, so wouldn’t know why they would ask me to tell them what is in those pictures

David
    Participant

Jjw808 wrote:

ok so I did some more study with the missionary's but what I did not get was why they kept using the Catholic Church as examples to try and prove why their teachings are untrue and that their cog church is the true church, I mean I already told them that my former church was nowhere near the catholic religion with all the traditions and religious symbols so I don't know how that was really relevant in the study's that I had, I know hardly Anything about anything Catholic, so wouldn't know why they would ask me to tell them what is in those pictures

IMO, Catholics are their #1 target, simply because most Catholics, "blindly" believe in the bible but most don't study it. So after you love bomb a Catholic, get them all warm and fuzzy and exhausted, they are propbably a pretty easy target. They also tell everyone they meet that Catholicism is the largest religion in the world. So theoretically if your doctrine takes down the biggest religion in the world then you must be king.

That said, they must have a sales pitch for every religion, so sounds to to me like your "salesperson" didn't read your bio closely enough!

Too bad for them because based on what I'm reading, you seem like a pretty easy target for them.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

They blame the Catholics for alot. I would cringe, looking at the evidence book, when they showed the renderings of the Dark Ages. It bothered me because they paint the picture that there were thousands of true Saints who worshipped on Sat., Kept Passover, and the Feasts, and that the Catholic Church was just killing them. There were many atrocities going on then. It’s such a Broad subject.

MountainMom
    Participant

I went to my son's church several times at his request.  There is something I am wondering about because it seems to have happened to quite a few people. 

Of course, me and my husband were taken into a room and given a "lesson" by the guy who recruited our son.  While we were in there, I was respectful, but I did say to the fellow that I didn't think my son would ever have go to Korea because "God is everywhere where two or more are gathered in his name."  The recruiter just yelled out, "How could you NOT GO?"  Well, I kind of wish I would have expounded on why I thought that, but I didn't.  I was polite.  (I brought it up, not the recruiter/preacher)   Anyway, right after we were out of the room one of the sleeze balls that my son is associated with there made a point of saying to me that he had been to Korea three times.  Are they recording or watching those sessions in the little rooms they take you into?  I don't really know if he was watching or was told by the guy who got so upset with me about the Korea thing.  I did not see that he had an opportunity to be told about our conversation in the little room.

I think the sleeze ball made the comment also to make me think it was perfectly normal and was a great trip since, obviously, he went three times.  This is the same guy who told us all he was so sure the world was ending in 2012 that if it didn't they should close the church and padlock the door.  Of course, he is still a member now.

Another person who attended a church gathering was wondering if they are recording or spying on conversations there.  She had reason to believe, by what a pastor said and did directly after she talked to her son, that somehow they were right on top of the conversation.  She was with her son the whole time, and they had no way of knowing what was said between the two.  She thought they maybe had microphones in the flowers on the table!  Lol!

Jjw808 wrote:

ok so I did some more study with the missionary's but what I did not get was why they kept using the Catholic Church as examples to try and prove why their teachings are untrue and that their cog church is the true church, I mean I already told them that my former church was nowhere near the catholic religion with all the traditions and religious symbols so I don't know how that was really relevant in the study's that I had, I know hardly Anything about anything Catholic, so wouldn't know why they would ask me to tell them what is in those pictures

Jjw808, I dont know if you followed a certain religion before or didn't believe in anything at all, just know that whatever people tell you here is because we know by experience, but don't take anything for granted, when you go back to the WMSCOG and maybe tell them you hear things about them, things that you probably read here, they are going to come FULL FORCE ON YOU, trying to tell you that anything else you see on the internet it's evil, including the catholic church and anything that has to do with it. Ultimately do your own research, and know that you have the POWER OF FREE WILL. No one is in control of our lives but us, and this group will try to excercise control over you, with fear, guilt and deception. There is no big deal if you got baptized and you want to opt out now. Just know that if you decide to continue first do lots of research and then you will know what's best for you.

Curious1
    Participant

Jjw808, you're in the fortunate position to leave the WMSCOG, before they put all their tentacles around you. I've been a member for a few years, got out, some years ago. If you love your family, your friends, your life, your happiness, your future, your freedom and dignety, leave now, because they will take it all away, slowly, and in a way you won't notice. Every move is calculated and prepared, it will always be someones elses fault, never theirs. They will say verybody around you is / will be against you, and they will. Do you know why? Because for the people who love you in real life, it is awful to see how you will change, in thoughts, in acts, emotionally broken and with out money. I hope you will listen to all the comments above, we all suffert ourselves, lost loved ones who are still trapped, please don't get trapped by this group. Wish you all the best.

MountainMom
    Participant

Curious1 wrote:

Jjw808, you're in the fortunate position to leave the WMSCOG, before they put all their tentacles around you. I've been a member for a few years, got out, some years ago. If you love your family, your friends, your life, your happiness, your future, your freedom and dignety, leave now, because they will take it all away, slowly, and in a way you won't notice. Every move is calculated and prepared, it will always be someones elses fault, never theirs. They will say verybody around you is / will be against you, and they will. Do you know why? Because for the people who love you in real life, it is awful to see how you will change, in thoughts, in acts, emotionally broken and with out money. I hope you will listen to all the comments above, we all suffert ourselves, lost loved ones who are still trapped, please don't get trapped by this group. Wish you all the best.

Curious 1 said it well Jjw808.  Our family has been devastated to see the awful changes in my son.  They have taken everything away from him, and he is still trapped there and miserable.  He can't see his way out because he can't just trust the people who love him. We are "Satan coming in the form of his family to steal his soul," according to his "handlers".  He lives his life in fear. 8 years now.  Please do your research and talk to your family about this group.  The Wms people will tell you not to because your family "won't understand."   The real problem is that your family WILL understand, and the Wms leaders can't have you learning the truth.  They couldn't take over your life and exploit you if you knew what they were about.

genny
    Participant

Jjw808 wrote:

Jjw, you've gotten a lot of wise advice here.

You wondered why they would target the Catholic church when you are 'nowhere near Catholic' (some form of Protestant, I assume then?).

They teach that all non-Catholic Christian churches are "daughters of the Catholic church" and therefore once they have demolished Catholicism for you, the other Christian churches will fall by association.  In Rev. 17:5 it says, "The name written on her forehead was a mystery: Babylon the Great, The Mother of Prostitutes, and of the Abominations of the Earth."  They teach that the Catholic Church is "Babylon the Great" and all the other Christian churches (that branched off, Protestant), are the "Prostitutes" in this verse.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

Jjw808 To piggy back off of gennys statement, they will blame Catholicism for everything. But, with deep, unbiased research you will find out that WMS takes small lies and mixes it with truth to get their desired effect. Remember as a child asking your parents the explanations to things; “Dad how does the tv work, why is the sky blue etc?”. Imagine if your parents fill in the gaps with nonsense, the child doesn’t know any better and goes off feeling enlightened. For instance, they will teach you the dark ages was basically the point where Satan got to wreck havoc and kill the saints. That’s a huge lie. The council of Nicea was a huge meeting to kill early Elohists….that’s a lie.

Jjw808
    Participant

Just a question… Is there a certain number of lessons/study you take till the missionary’s stop coming by your house or will they keep

Stopping by your house for lessons untill you attend this church regularly?

Brian Taylor
    Participant

@There are 42 sermons members preach and are required to at least heard. And yes they will repeat them until you either get baptized or tell em to get lost. There are also other studys that overseers and leaders only know

Viewing 11 replies - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.