THANK YOU

• Creator
    Topic
    MountainMom
    Participant

I just wanted to say a big thank you to all who post here now, and those who have posted in the past as well.  You have helped so many people with your stories.  More than you probably will ever know.  You have all defiinitely made me know I can come here and express myself and I get a lot of comfort by knowing I am not alone, and that I can help others deal with this as well.  You have all been so much help and support.

Sometimes a person can't even talk to their own family for various reasons.  I know I am always riding the fence of telling my family what they need to know to make sure they aren't taken in by this group, and yet protecting them from the constant sadness of dealing with it.  I take it mostly on myself, like most mothers here do.  In the past, it has been a burden I didn't think I could survive and bear, it was so sad. The average person doesn't understand, and this is where I come to find those who understand fully. 

I want to also make the point that this site does good on a daily basis.  Sometimes it seems like not much is going on here, but that is never true.  I have heard that there are tens of thousands of hits on this site per month.  Not all log in and post, but they are here looking at it in very high numbers.  I also know that it must still be doing a lot of good because the Wms is sending certain members here to comment quite often.  They wouldn't bother if they weren't so completely scared to death of this site and the truth it offers.  They know former members are posting here and exposing them.  They know members that defy them and look at this site may see what has really happened in this church and may come out of the snow globes environment that the church has imposed upon them. 

There is hope because of all of you here.  Looking at that article on the Sheepshead Bay cleanup, I see that the exposure is working.  People are researching, and they are coming to this site.  I hope all the members of the WMS, whom I consider as the victims of the leaders, come to this site and see that they can be free and have very productive lives outside the prison of the Wms.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@Mountain. Its a collective effort. This site has been therapy for me at times. When Ive been advised to, “Just move on”, I felt that somehow I had to tell my chapter in the story

MountainMom
    Participant

@Untouchable: So glad you told your story here.  You especially have really helped people.  I hope all will be able to move on at some point, that is what I wish for everyone who has had to deal with this.  But to actually help people instead of just walking away without speaking is exceptional. It shows strength, courage, and a caring spirit.  Once again, thanks.

Ms Freedom
    Participant

I too have found great support here. My child entering this cult and cutting off contact with our family has devestated us. I find it hard to talk to friends and extended family members because they do not understand the gripping control this group has over its members. Most people think that it is just a strange religion and people believe all kind of weird things – and I would agree, but a weird religion and a cult are totally different. In  religion you can walk away, start believing something else and you are allowed to move on with your life. In a cult, such as the WMS, the members are manipulated, instilled with fear, and cut off from society so they can be controlled. It is so sad to see my child caught up in such a scam. 

I have thought many times that I would stop coming to the site because I feel like I need to move on from my child and this dam*n cult. But then I will post something that seems to help someone and I feel I should stay. If I can help one person to not have to go through the horror my family has gone through, then it is worth my time here. 

I have also made friends through this site – something good out of something so ugly and damaging. They have helped me beyond belief and I hope I have helped them. There is a kindred spirit among those of us that have lost children to this cult.

I also applaud those who have told their stories here. I hope it has given you a sense of freedom!

I have often thought of this group and their formers members as an abusive relationship. If you keep quiet, the abusers will continue to abuse harm other families. ]

Thank you UntouchableJ, Bryan, Renita, Diane, and Ron for sharing your experiences! You have made a difference in ways you will never see – but you have changed lives and offered freedom to hundreds that have left after hearing your stories! MM is right – if we weren't making headway, the WMS wouldn't work so hard to get rid of this site. Keep up the good work – and please encourage other former members to tell their stories. Let's work together to save lives from this destructive cult!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

This site is truly the greatest tool we have to fight WMSCOG.  We also find it helpful to check in regularly on the forum discussions.  Big news for us when long time members come out and tell their stories.  We've learned a lot about the inner workings of this group through the testimony of ex members.  We've also learned much through the sharing of stories that tell of the difficulties of family members dealing with their loved ones stuck in.  Knowing that "you're not alone" is very helpful.  Thanks!

AbbaFather07
    Participant

I couldnt agree more MountainMom. I pray that the voices of the victims are never silenced. I applaud the fact that they have stepped forward and shared their experiences. Without them we have no hope! This site is all I have because no one understands and or relates. It is by far the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with but I will not give up till they are exposed for the wolves (in sheeps clothing) that they are!

AbbaFather07
    Participant

By the way I cant go on Youtube anymore bc it makes me upset! All I see is Cog videos of how great they are…it makes me wanna throw up! Please please more ex member videos!! Updated new ones would be great!! Does anyone know of another avenue besides YT that ex members can use?? It seems cog is flooding the internet:(:( Thank God for this site!!

UntouchableJ
    Participant

Great statements!! If I didn’t have so many posts, I would use my real name. Lol, im already 90%sure they hacked my phone, so I might a well so it

AbbaFather07
    Participant

That would be so great if we could all use our real names and get more personal! But since they are so shady and hack into everything (like an insecure ex girlfriend) we have to walk on egg shells. Its so unfair bc they can have freedom of speech but we cant. Have they ever heard people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones!!

AbbaFather07
    Participant

Is there anyway you can sue them for hacking?

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@Abba The amount of time and legalities it would take to do this, AND prove it would take a miracle. I will go into why I think its hacked, these are small speculations but here goes.

1. A few months ago, my phone would start running really slow when I tried to text. The funny thing is, it only happens when I try to text my wife (a former member). The phone literally, takes too long. I have a very new, phone btw, and Im a tech savy person.

2. In February, while driving around, I got a call from N.Korea. Literally (lol). I didnt answer, fearing that may be what they needed to put some bugs on my phone. A friend told me to hack a phone(which I use all my internet stuff for, including logging in here) would take a loooonnnngggg period of uninterrupted time with the device. I never turn my phone off, literally, so its a possibility.

It seems more far fetched, but a former member told me they indefinately hacked his laptop years ago and stole his notes, even some pics from the early church days that the Wms didnt probably want out there.

Why it maybe a reality, is the North Korea call/connection. N.Korea is an advisary of the U.S. and many South Koreans have family and connections there. So if members in South Korea wanted to hack into an exmembers stuff, they would call somebody up in NK. Plus, its extremely difficult to involve international Authorities for cyber crimes where money isnt stolen, and especially a communist country that has issues with the US

Abhigail Delema
    Participant

A big thank you to this site,it is only because of this site I could get out of the WMSCOG.When I was there they told us the internet was the tree of knowledge of good and evil but after I was guided into this site I could see and know that this was a cult who hide their secrets like Ahn and Zang were married and had children which was hidden for years when I was there like hidden manna prophesy,how they lie and trick people and it is not only in India.The chief pastors false revelation of the church being established in  the USA.Their great story of the Big Shine company,the We love you foundation is connected and is the same organization of the WMSCOG .The failed prediction they deny of 2012,and a lot more the list can go on and on.If this site wasn't there I would  never  know anything.a big thank you to the Admin and all its members for opening my eyes and let me see this is nothing but a Cult which let me see fairy tales and is still cheating and taking money from members in India 

WarriorQueen
    Participant

Oh man!! I’m an emotional wreck now!! I cant ever thank or repay you guys enough for how amazingly helpful and encouraging y’all have been!! I definitely need an emoji icon bar lol.. A LOVE button or something!! I believe my phone is hacked too.. Its been acting crazy ever since my husband couldn’t get me to join.. About 6 months in for him.. I got a new one and the same thing about 2 months in.. Anyways I’m so grateful.. Not to be alone and finding hope in the ex members stories!!

UntouchableJ
    Participant

If they are hacking equipment, it shows they have issues. Funny how the, “truth” acts insanely paranoid. I remember once (true story) stumbling accross a cult site because I misspelled my jobs email address in the browser. The site beleived some guru was their God. Whats interesting, is they were open about it. On the front page, all their beleifs. So why would WMS be all hush, paranoid and spooky about what they claim is “in the bible”.?

AbbaFather07
    Participant

Yes untouchable its the slow indoctrination of things. Be of front be real…what are they hiding? I mean they have the I love u foundation but when they are televised or on youtube they dont dare say oh yeah its run by Mother God. People would run for the hills!

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@Abba Your last point is whats odd. The level to the secrecy. I think it’s for two reasons, one, to link the member into an arena of “exclusive” thinking. Secondly, I think they know there are holes in the logic, and don’t honestly believe what’s being taught. I think they are giving the world a figure head…something to believe in. Now I think Ahn probably was a great mentor and teacher for Ncpcog, but they wanted him/it to be more. They knew the world outside of South Korea wouldn’t Grasp things, so they worked hard on making their doctrin to fit close to the bible. Since the bible has room for interpretation their trick worked

AbbaFather07
    Participant

You are so correct untouchable. I wish the Bible was black or white and left no room for interpretation….the world would be a much better place:(

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don't believe WMSCOG "hacks" phones. And why would they want to?  What info would be of use?  How often you call a member?  Members calling you?  Text messages from members wanting out?  You texting and emailing derogatory info?

They can get this info about you much easier through other means.  Hacking into a cellphone requires very specialized skills and equipment and a means into the phone.  Even if they had the means (which they don't), you would have to invite them into your phone (unknowingly or otherwise) and leave it open to them long enough for them to get the info they would want.  Highly unlikely.  Don't worry about this at all.  Much more important things to think about.

Hey, these guys are making tons of money.  They have much more important things to do with it. Their recruiting bears new fruit every day. IMO for every 1 they lose they are probably gaining 2.  Their ability to marshall legal resources whenever they need and use those resources aggressively is much more worrisome than them hacking into cellphones.  Follow the history of the Unification Church and you can easily see where all this is leading ……… watch for them to buy some failing newspapers like Moon did …. helps with PR …… much more effective than pulling trash out of a bay somewhere …. also as they gain financial power they will, of course, figure out ways to use it politically …. follow the Moon man …. you'll see …

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@Heinrich. Im with you on 98%of that. The 2% that makes me beleive that WMS would hack, is their paranoia. They are as paranoid as a Freshman in highschool. They watch exmembers, and even make general lies. I.e., a member made a statement to me, that Brian and I are working for the Ncpcog. I really dont want to think it goes this far, because I would really be as paranoid as I think they are, but I also remember the video they did trying to discredit NCPCOG, where they showed members outside the Ncpcog church smoking cigarettes. Again, they go pretty hard against challengers, for a church calling itself the “true” church

Azula
    Participant

I'm also grateful for this site. And it truly has gone a long way in healing the scars I had endured in that place of torment. Thanks again o everyone who contributes in keeping this platform going.

As we say in Swahili "Asante kesana!"

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.