South Koreans still Protesting Leader's Cult Involvement

• Creator
    Topic
    MountainMom
    Participant

I saw on the news that the Koreans are taking to the streets for the fourth weekend in a row protesting their leader's ties with cult influence.  They expect to be 50,000 strong in their protest numbers.  They are calling for her resignation.  I hope the Wmscog is taking note of this.  They also try their best to gain political influence, especially in our country because our freedom of religion laws which they have cleverly used to their advantage, in my opinion. 

At least this scandal has drawn attention to the problem incurred when people with official status are involved with groups considered as cult-like.   I will be watching the developing news on this with interest. 

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

I saw that too. In ancient times church and state were one. Today church and state are separate in most countries. I don't think the wmscog realizes this. Do you know which cult this lady (Choi I believe her name was) is involved in?

MountainMom
    Participant

Not sure, I'm sure it's in the articles, but I just know it wasn't the Wmscog.  I would have definitely picked up on that.  Doesn't really matter though.  It is a big shout out to the Wms as well that their involvement efforts won't be tolerated either.  They are widely known to be a cult in S. Korea, I hear.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Choi is the daughter of Choi Tae-min. He founded a "religious group" called Yongsae-gyo. Also known as the "Church of Eternal Life."

I never heard of this group…

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.