Revelation & Hallelujah

• Creator
    Topic
    KF
    Participant

@FTOS I decide to move our conversation to a new thread, being that you are having an on going coversation with Emil and Genny and I'm only adding a different conversation to that thread.  So here is our converation  where we started and left off. 

KF

fromtheotherside Is not "hail marry" a catholic thing? do they do it or not? If they do then it's adding, even if they didn't actually write it in the bible, it's adding. So if it's not a catholic thing then I'm mistaken. So you tell me. Do catholics do it or not?

Yes FTOS, I agree! anything outside the bible is adding. Which brings me to question you, why does your church use the prayer of our wishes, instead of OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN, as Jesus said.????

Posted 1 hour ago fromtheotherside

@ KF Was there a new testament when Jesus was on the earth? Then what do you think Jesus were to say, or even his diciples would say, if a Jew came up to them and said, "why do you teach to use father in heaven when that is not in the bible?"

Posted 1 hour ago 

Fromtheotherside

We should do what God commands KF ^^

Posted 1 hour ago 

KF

fromtheotherside

Was there a new testament when Jesus was on the earth? Then what do you think Jesus were to say, or even his diciples would say, if a Jew came up to them and said, "why do you teach to use father in heaven when that is not in the bible?"

No there was no new testament, ok kind of makes sense, but the bible is already written from beginning to end so we must follow what's in it. In this generation we can read it all. there is not going to be a 3rd part to it.

however it was not the age of the HOLY SPIRIT,{ as wms says the age of the Holy Spirit is now}, yet Jesus said

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

If the name of the father was Jehovah and the name of the son Jesus, then what was the name of the Holy Spirit????

My point is what name did they use for the Holy Spirit back then? It's not in the bible.

And why in the book of revelation everyone will praise JEHOVAH.

Posted 1 hour ago

fromtheotherside

Can you tell me about the revelation part and praising Jehovah? I'm not sure where you're exactly talking about KF.

Posted 1 hour ago

fromtheotherside

Actually i don't have the answer for that one, please don't think I have all the answers for our church because then I would be a pastor. ^^ but pls tell me about what you said in revelations.

Posted 1 hour ago 

KF

fromtheotherside

Can you tell me about the revelation part and praising Jehovah? I'm not sure where you're exactly talking about KF.

This is what I'm referring to:

Revelation 19:1

[ Threefold Hallelujah Over Babylon’s Fall ] After this I heard what sounded like the roar of a great multitude in heaven shouting:“Hallelujah! Salvation and glory and power belong to our God,

Revelation 19:1-3 (in Context) Revelation 19 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations

Revelation 19:3

And again they shouted:“Hallelujah! The smoke from her goes up for ever and ever.”

Revelation 19:2-4 (in Context) Revelation 19

(Whole Chapter) Other Translations

Revelation 19:4

The twenty-four elders and the four living creatures fell down and worshiped God, who was seated on the throne. And they cried:“Amen, Hallelujah!”

Revelation 19:3-5 (in Context) Revelation 19 (Whole Chapter) 

Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roar of rushing waters and like loud peals of thunder, shouting:“Hallelujah! For our Lord God Almighty reigns.

(in Context) (Whole Chapter) Other Translations

The Meaning Of Hallelujah

Hallelujah” is a word known worldwide, but many don’t really know exactly what it means. If we’re going to use this word, it would be good to use it rightly.

It is two Hebrew words put together. “Hallel“ means to praise, to boast in, to shine forth, to be worthy of praise, and to be commended. “Jah” is a shortened form of “Jehovah“, which means the Self-Existent and Eternal One. Jehovah is the name of the LORD which emphasizes that God Almighty has no beginning or end. He always has been and He always will be LORD God Almighty. There simply is none greater.

When we put the two words together, we are praising the LORD with all our being, because He alone is worthy of being praised for all the great things He has done and continues to do. When we separate the two words, they are translated “Praise the LORD“. If we see the Greek form of the word, we will see “Alleluia“. It means the very same thing.

[Hebrew <tt>lû-yh</tt>, praise Yahweh : <tt>lû</tt>, masculine pl. imperative of <tt>l</tt>, to praise; see <tt>hll</tt> in Semitic roots + <tt>h</tt>, Yahweh; see <tt>hwy</tt> in Semitic roots.]

Posted 1 hour ago KF

@FTOS don't forget about the Holy Spirit question.

Posted 6 minutes ago

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.