New video from a current member youtube, makes Church look even CRAZIER!

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

No. Mama no. (I won't make fun.) Looks like many of us will have to go through the cog process. Believing the deception, then later realizing the truth and exiting. 

UntouchableJ
    Participant

I literally could only watch about 15sec. of each. Everyone wants to share their experience, but these people fail to realize how deceived they are.

AbbaFather07
    Participant

I dont even understand whats going on but she looks rough and her kids seem off…not a good representation at all…God strike me down but I couldnt get past the lisp

Ms Freedom
    Participant

I didn't understand it! Was she breast-feeding her baby? I was confused. I thought she was an ex-member because she kept saying the pastors lied to her – and I thought – yep, that's what the WMSCOG pastors do! But I only watched for a minute and then I realized she must be making a transition from the "Christian Church" to the WMSCOG church. Again – the WMSCOG marketing people are clueless! The problem is there is no way to test these videos with the real world! They are obviously only tested with the members who think everything is great. A professional marketing person would screen the video with a segment of a tarketed test market – but then again they have no contact with the outside world to do this. A test segment of non-members would give them negative feedback that it looks like a cult. And of course, focus groups cost money – which we know the rich folks at the top don't want to part with! So they just keep producing c-r-a-p videos that only their members watch to pump up the leaders egos! 

Brian Taylor
    Participant

I feel fairly certain that the administration of the WMS does not know about this video. If they did, I believe that they would urge her to remove them.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

I agree with Brian. When I was a member, there wasn’t such an influx of personal YT member videos. But, the WMS heierarchy has never been a fan of videos they don’t get to screen. Especially since they want to have a lily-white appearence of its members. The second video with her daughter….made Zero sense. As I think of things now, this woman and even her child, seem to be ranting psychotically just like Racheal did in her video. Wms members videos, also appear as if the members are having a conversation with themselves.

Brian Taylor
    Participant

Yeah, the impression I get of this individual is of an over zealous new member.The artsy, spoken word, feminist, urban poetic style does not fall in line with the usual gravitas and demeanor displayed in most WMS propaganda. ( as UTJ said)

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@Brian Im sure she maybe brought into the Overseers office by now, lol.

Overseer- *rubbing his head in frustraton* “Ongh..Sester, whud is dis video. Why would you do dis? Not good”

Like Brians stated, they hate th new age, different thinking member. Whats odd, is they cater to that kind of member. I remeber thinkin when I first joined, how the members seemd like a misfits. I remember telling my wife, “I’ve never seen this many Nerds and Geeks in one place”.

AbbaFather07
    Participant

She has more videos. They are disturbing. There is one video of child protective services talking about taking her children. Then her saying her bf saying she is in a cult. She seems very unstable and in and out of homeless shelters etc Weird…her life seems chaotic so no wonder she fell into a cult

UntouchableJ
    Participant

WMS always attracts “special” folks. I saw teo members become mentally unstable while I was there.

AbbaFather07
    Participant

What are teo members?

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Watch out for the Teo members, we had a few with us.

AbbaFather07
    Participant

Did u mean two members lol?!

UntouchableJ
    Participant

Lol I can type over 70words a minute on a keyboard. But since I use my phone for this…well…My grammar and spelling suffers greatly, lol.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

*Two, members.

AbbaFather07
    Participant

Thats what I thought and same happens to me when I use phone. How were they mentally unstable? That is scary. I can total see how the cog messes up the psyche. Im not even in it and my head is spinning hearing my husband talk about it.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@Abba The first was an older member. He and his wife had already had their issues, but when he spent all day Saturday at “zion”, she wanted out. Once they got divorced, he was reprimanded for picketing outside church with signs that said “Flee to Zion” etc.

2nd Member was a young man, who had been living in a group home, related to some activities we weren’t privy to. He was a guy who was living on pennies. We all knew he was homosexual as well…but it was just one of those Elephant in the room deals. Anyway last year he had some sort of meltdown, on the day of “Passover”. If I remember correctly, the Overseer yelled because he showed up dressed in street clothes. He then yelled back, “See they told me you would do this, they said you’d try to kick me out”. This happened behind closed doors, but the members cousin and I were close. Apparently, he had heard voices telling him that the Overseer didnt like him. He was told not to return. Im not sure if he was given a timetable, as sometimes members are told different things.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

At my zion, we never had any drama. My overseer would always put on appearances. I heard one time he freaked out on the full timers one time. After that day the younger adults would be nervous. The overseer must have really flipped his lid. I wish I was there for it, I would have said something, tell him to smarten up. I think he was under a lot of stress from head office, they were demanding church growth and he wasn’t performing.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@Mayor Ah, the stress from head office. If you can’t produce you get moved around. I wasn’t keen on Overseers flipping out on members. I to was prepared to give it right back to the overseer. But, he tried to get me upset with the ratial jokes. Members would whisper, “Just overcome brother J”. I know he wanted me to lose my cool, so he could kick me out and set an example to scare the other members.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Ya, thats no good. Your overseer gets a penalty for being an instigator. They should know it’s bad for business. Now you can reveal all the goings on in your zion here on this site and prevent potential recruits from joining. Its a lose lose sitution for that overseer mckoreanson.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.