Is it a cult or are you in a cult? Here's some things to consider.

Anonymous
    Inactive

nice.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I spoke with a Korean friend (Roman Catholic) who told me that in Korea there are hundreds of cult groups based on Christianity and other religions.  Only a few, like WMSCOG and Unification Church have made successful overseas ventures.  Cult groups are everywhere, in nearly every city and town of the US.  People are susceptible to the enticing message of "all answers here for everything".  Never thought much about these groups since the Jim Jones tragedy until we lost a family member to WMSCOG.  Now we realize the huge impact they have.  WMSCOG is just the tip of the iceberg.  The cults of radical Islam are reshaping world events in a big way in the 21st century, as did the cults of Emporer Worship in Japan and Nazi Hitler Worship in Germany did in the 20th century.  Cults pretty much have to be suppressed and destroyed with overwhelming power, otherwise they persist and grow again.  Like a cancer.  Talk to any marine who fought the Japanese soldier or a paratrooper facing SS soldiers in WW2.  If we hadn't killed them they would have killed us, for sure.

In spite of the imprisonment of Sun Myung Moon and all the negative publicity nationally of this cult, it still persists and has great power worldwide.  The saga continues ……. ask anyone in Paris today ……

Anonymous
    Inactive

I spoke with a Korean friend (Roman Catholic) who told me that in Korea there are hundreds of cult groups based on Christianity and other religions.  Only a few, like WMSCOG and Unification Church have made successful overseas ventures.  Cult groups are everywhere, in nearly every city and town of the US.  People are susceptible to the enticing message of "all answers here for everything".  Never thought much about these groups since the Jim Jones tragedy until we lost a family member to WMSCOG.  Now we realize the huge impact they have.  WMSCOG is just the tip of the iceberg.  The cults of radical Islam are reshaping world events in a big way in the 21st century, as did the cults of Emporer Worship in Japan and Nazi Hitler Worship in Germany did in the 20th century.  Cults pretty much have to be suppressed and destroyed with overwhelming power, otherwise they persist and grow again.  Like a cancer.  Talk to any marine who fought the Japanese soldier or a paratrooper facing SS soldiers in WW2.  If we hadn't killed them they would have killed us, for sure.

In spite of the imprisonment of Sun Myung Moon and all the negative publicity nationally of this cult, it still persists and has great power worldwide.  The saga continues ……. ask anyone in Paris today ……

Joshua
    Participant

Religious cults seem to generally have three things in common. 1) They twist the truth by interpreting scriptures their own way. 2) They pick and choose scriptures that support their views. 3) They usually have other liturature that they use as well as the Bible. I'm sure that we can all name several groups that fit these commonalities. If you are in a group that does this stuff you really need to take a step back, clear your head, and do some unbias research of your own away from any kind of influence of the group and its teachings. God gave you a brain and He expects you to use it! It shouldn't be something that you let other people or groups manipulate. 

Joshua
    Participant

Religious cults seem to generally have three things in common. 1) They twist the truth by interpreting scriptures their own way. 2) They pick and choose scriptures that support their views. 3) They usually have other liturature that they use as well as the Bible. I'm sure that we can all name several groups that fit these commonalities. If you are in a group that does this stuff you really need to take a step back, clear your head, and do some unbias research of your own away from any kind of influence of the group and its teachings. God gave you a brain and He expects you to use it! It shouldn't be something that you let other people or groups manipulate. 

Friend
    Participant

Good advice Joshua. In the same way, all religions do what you say religious cults do. So yes,  please do use that God-given brain and don't let any person/s or goups manipulate you.

Friend
    Participant

Good advice Joshua. In the same way, all religions do what you say religious cults do. So yes,  please do use that God-given brain and don't let any person/s or goups manipulate you.

Abhigail Delema
    Participant

I just meet a ex member yesterday who told me that he attened a wedding of a another ex member who left the wmscog some years ago.To his suprise he was suprised to see a family of the wmscog there who were decon an deconess in the wmscog ,even though it was a sabath day an the pray week.Not only that they, even eat food which was prayed over to other god and stood up to pray.When i was in zion i remember them say we should not attened any weddings or should not eat any food offered to other gods nor should we go to any funreals.Even when one of the decon passed away and was burried in  a RCchurch they wouldnt let anyone enter the church compound.The point here if we question them how did you eat food offered to other gods they will surely say we prayed to Father and Mother and eat,then i guess they need to know they can also eat food or animal sacrifice to other gods and pray to Father and Mother.Acording to me these hypocrites should be trying to save the soul of the brother who was getting married and let him know he was doing some thing wrong by going back to the RC church but they took part in encouraging him in his marraige which back again was conducted in the RC premises.So i am really suprised how quickly they change their teachings according to their convinience ,like they said some years back blood donation is not good bcoz it is only the blood of christ that can give enternal life not the blood of human being and the goal of our faith is the salvation of our soul not life on this earth.But today we see they eat back what they said and they have blood donation drives all over.So i guess now the same with attending weddings and funerals. 

Abhigail Delema
    Participant

I just meet a ex member yesterday who told me that he attened a wedding of a another ex member who left the wmscog some years ago.To his suprise he was suprised to see a family of the wmscog there who were decon an deconess in the wmscog ,even though it was a sabath day an the pray week.Not only that they, even eat food which was prayed over to other god and stood up to pray.When i was in zion i remember them say we should not attened any weddings or should not eat any food offered to other gods nor should we go to any funreals.Even when one of the decon passed away and was burried in  a RCchurch they wouldnt let anyone enter the church compound.The point here if we question them how did you eat food offered to other gods they will surely say we prayed to Father and Mother and eat,then i guess they need to know they can also eat food or animal sacrifice to other gods and pray to Father and Mother.Acording to me these hypocrites should be trying to save the soul of the brother who was getting married and let him know he was doing some thing wrong by going back to the RC church but they took part in encouraging him in his marraige which back again was conducted in the RC premises.So i am really suprised how quickly they change their teachings according to their convinience ,like they said some years back blood donation is not good bcoz it is only the blood of christ that can give enternal life not the blood of human being and the goal of our faith is the salvation of our soul not life on this earth.But today we see they eat back what they said and they have blood donation drives all over.So i guess now the same with attending weddings and funerals. 

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.