Cult Documentaries And Other Info

• Creator
    Topic
    Emily
    Participant

I decided to start this thread so that we can share videos, books, etc that may help us and learn more about destructive groups.  I think it's interesting and beneficial to see other groups and how they gain complete control over people.

Here's a documentary about women in different cults (Jehovah's Witnesses, Dahn Yoga, etc).

Women & Religious Cults

Enjoy!

Emily
    Participant

Here is another documentary that the History Channel released some time ago.  I found this one really interesting and informative.  Robert J. Lifton is featured in the video.

Cults – Dangerous Devotion (Decoding the Past)

Emily
    Participant

Here's a documentary on Scientology.  Very interesting…  Definitely raises more questions for me.  In my opinion, great similarities to the wms.

BBC Panorama – Scientology and Me

Emily
    Participant

Here's the follow up to the previous video.  Tommy Davis reminds me of some of the deacons, missionaries and pastors from the wms lol!!

BBC Panorama – The Secrets of Scientolgy

WHOAMI
    Participant

Emily wrote:

I decided to start this thread so that we can share videos, books, etc that may help us and learn more about destructive groups.  I think it's interesting and beneficial to see other groups and how they gain complete control over people.

Here's a documentary about women in different cults (Jehovah's Witnesses, Dahn Yoga, etc).

Women & Religious Cults

Enjoy!

Wow Emily! this one is really good, i saw the similarities…this one's an eye opener. I highly reccomend this one.

As for Scientolgy, wow this has got to be one of the craziest cults ever….To actually follow people around and film their every step…Is that even legal? where is the persons right of privacy.

Thinking of it now, I remember seeing once media they showed us on brother & sisters preaching, which showed the filmer to be across the street, zooming in(on the conversation with no audio), or on top like on an upper floor or roof.  I kid you not.  So are brothers & sisters being filmed on the down low, what about the people been preached to on those media, are they aware that they are been filmed, then shown all over church.  Just Saying!

donttrustzang
    Participant

jonestown is a crazy one, ide recommend watching, very very sad…

Rain
    Participant

donttrustzang wrote:

jonestown is a crazy one, ide recommend watching, very very sad…

oh yes, seen it check out this one, maybe we should contact this guy, to do a documentary on them

https://www.youtube.com/embed/1t6npABeFcI

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.