Colossians 2

• Creator
    Topic
    angelikkepr
    Participant

The WMSCOG members always point to the churches, in their discussions they always say that the only true church is the WMSCOG because it keeps the Sabbath and celebrate the feasts. When they talk to people of other religions they become very passionate with this script that they've learned. Interestingly, reading the book of Colossians I found these Biblical passages that I want to share with you:

Colossians 2

15And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.

Freedom From Human Rules

16Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day…

What excuse do you think they'll give if someone confront them with this? 

angelikkepr
    Participant

Not here, they don't exist, so they can't give anything to their members… Oh, well, maybe they say Thank you!…

When I talk about the procedures of Puerto Rico I do not know whether in the United States are the same, for example, the town where I live is autochthonous, therefore, imposes some laws.. In the case of  non autochthonous towns, it must follow the state law. The point is that you can not rent a residence, lying to the landlord with intentions to start a church. There are houses that are used as churches but houses with reasonable parking available, which have more than one entry or exit in case of an emergency, or some are just updated to be used as a church, without lies or hiding anything and is registered as a church or nonprofit organization … in that case, everything is ok. That way the state grant you all the permits and you start operating following the law. The WMSCOG in the other hand, rent houses with residential purposes and nobody knows that they operate a church … They can't offer tax receipts to the members of PR because like I told you, they do not exist… Maybe the point is not the law, It is just how their techniques changes to operate from different countries. More members means more money, so they can invest more, maybe in the U.S. they began hiding in a residence and then expanded, I do not know. I'm speaking of the PR cases, that are not obligated to be the same as in other countries.

KC
    Participant

they never openly admit about starting a church because some of them were in the country in illegal ways, "sions" outside korea often used as a exiling places for their new recruited members from korea, to shake away their family bonds and brainwash them.

Simon
    Participant

Every Korean I have met in WMSCOG has claimed to be a member for many many years.

KC
    Participant

i dont know about other region but in asia most were only in their late teens, but yes theres always some older members who is in charge of a sion and usually they are the deacon and deaconess 

angelikkepr
    Participant

In Puerto Rico there are no Koreans, the New York church sent the chosen members here to lead the "churches", almost everybody is between 18-28, only a few have more than 30… plus the poor kids that spend more time there with their moms than having a normal kids life. Some are under 18 too!

angelikkepr
    Participant

In Puerto Rico they said that they are married but if they get married thru the WMSCOG do you think is a legal marriage?

Emily
    Participant

angelikkepr wrote:

Not here, they don't exist, so they can't give anything to their members… Oh, well, maybe they say Thank you!…

When I talk about the procedures of Puerto Rico I do not know whether in the United States are the same, for example, the town where I live is autochthonous, therefore, imposes some laws.. In the case of  non autochthonous towns, it must follow the state law. The point is that you can not rent a residence, lying to the landlord with intentions to start a church. There are houses that are used as churches but houses with reasonable parking available, which have more than one entry or exit in case of an emergency, or some are just updated to be used as a church, without lies or hiding anything and is registered as a church or nonprofit organization … in that case, everything is ok. That way the state grant you all the permits and you start operating following the law. The WMSCOG in the other hand, rent houses with residential purposes and nobody knows that they operate a church … They can't offer tax receipts to the members of PR because like I told you, they do not exist… Maybe the point is not the law, It is just how their techniques changes to operate from different countries. More members means more money, so they can invest more, maybe in the U.S. they began hiding in a residence and then expanded, I do not know. I'm speaking of the PR cases, that are not obligated to be the same as in other countries.

So wait how does that work??  If they are running "churches" out of residential spaces but are not registered as churches, how do they legally collect donations?  Are they collecting donations and "tithes" without reporting any of it to the IRS?  Let's say that they had 10 members that gave $500 per month each.  That would be $60,000 per year.  Don't they have to pay taxes on that if they are not registered as a church and therefore not tax-exempt?  I'm not sure how this would work in Puerto Rico.  Do you know?

Does Puerto Rico have laws against using residential property for commercial use?  Like zoning laws?

What do they tell the members about where that money is spent?  

angelikkepr
    Participant

angelikkepr
    Participant

angelikkepr
    Participant

Emily wrote:

angelikkepr wrote:

So wait how does that work??  If they are running "churches" out of residential spaces but are not registered as churches, how do they legally collect donations?  Are they collecting donations and "tithes" without reporting any of it to the IRS?  Let's say that they had 10 members that gave $500 per month each.  That would be $60,000 per year.  Don't they have to pay taxes on that if they are not registered as a church and therefore not tax-exempt?  I'm not sure how this would work in Puerto Rico.  Do you know?

Does Puerto Rico have laws against using residential property for commercial use?  Like zoning laws?

What do they tell the members about where that money is spent?  

Hi Emily, it is just as you describe it… They collect the money but since they are not registered they are not reporting it to the Hacienda Department. A neighbor from the old Carolina local made a complaint about them with the permits department, after that, the permits department sent their employees to check the case to see if it was true that there was a church operating there because there were no permits issued for that address… After that, they left. The deacon informed the members that they were moving out a few days before the last feasts… About the money, I know somebody that told me that it's sent to Korea and that he received a souvenir from Korea for giving thithes! Lol… Maybe if somebody asked for their offerings annual report their deacons gave them a good excuse like they always do…

Simon
    Participant

Considering house and office churches are financially part of the church they spun off of it’s hard to know what they report and how

Simon
    Participant

Oh and as far as wmscog marriage being legal it would be as legal as a marriage preformed by any other church

KF
    Participant

Simon wrote:

Oh and as far as wmscog marriage being legal it would be as legal as a marriage preformed by any other church

Simon legal or not, the point is people should not be getting married by arranged marriages.  Members have stated here that their pastors have married them off for the work of the gospel and that the pastors know what's best for them. Sorry to say ,but if your an adult,you should be able to decide on your own who to marry, regardless if they belong to the church or not.

why would members agree to marry in a way that normally they would not have choosen to do so.  In my opinion members are influence to get marry by putting in their heads that if they marry someone out of the church, they would not be on the same spirtiual level,therefore it would create tension between the couple. It makes sense when you look at it this way, but whatever happen to LOVE. 

I would want to feel that the person I am marrying is the person I want to spend the rest of my life with.  I would want to know their physical habits aside from their spiritual.  Marrying this way is like taking steps back in time when people had their mates chosen for them, that is so old world.  It's like they are been kept in a bubble.

Simon
    Participant

angelikkepr said nothing about arranged marraiges just marraige in WMSCOG.

As for arranged marriages, they are hardly unique to WMSCOG, not really even unique to theists. While I think they are silly they are surprisingly common.

Not that it makes it right.

KF
    Participant

Simon wrote:

angelikkepr said nothing about arranged marraiges just marraige in WMSCOG.

As for arranged marriages, they are hardly unique to WMSCOG, not really even unique to theists. While I think they are silly they are surprisingly common.

Not that it makes it right.

no Angellikkepr did not say anything about arranged marriages, Hal did on the first forum, but also other ppl here have talked about arranged marriages and my friend who is preaching to me was telling me how members are getting marry for the gospel and going to other countries or states to open up zions, which does not make sense to me, but to them it does because they stay in the same circle, so when Simon wrote on marriages i brang up the arrange marriage coversation.  Sorry for the confusion.

Simon
    Participant

okay fair enough, just making sure we were on the same page, I do think that arranged mariages (especially when arranged in the manner WMSCOG does) is a bit crazy, but sometimes -in nonforced manners- it does work can't deny what I have seen.

As far as arranged marraiges:

I think the biggest problem we have is while the upper-leadership surely knows the truth, the lower levels likely have real faith and they believe God is arranging the marraiges surely God would know compatiblity so they don't question.

KF
    Participant

Simon, In your opinion and from what you have experienced within the group, can you honestly say that the deacon/ness of the church know the real deal or are they also been duped.  I just can't imagine a member going there for years, becoming a deacone/ness only to find out later that everything is a lie, how do they convince them to stay, or not open up their mouths, If this is all a lie some people must know, do you suppose it's the koreans, I hear every zion has at least 1 or 2 koreans overseeing everything in the church.  Some work babysitting or in the kitchen, they take on the most humble jobs, put really they run the show in that zion.  I heared they take care of the money at the end of the day.  What do you think? oh so sorry for asking this here under this topic, but it just came up in my mind.

Simon
    Participant

The Zion I attended went years without any Koreans. The problem with even every Korean knowing is in the adage two can keep a secret if one of them is dead. I don’t think the top wants to risk too many knowing.

Also the church preaches to American Koreans too great a risk keeping secrets in Korean around those not on it

Viewing 18 replies - 21 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.