COG holidays!?

• Creator
    Topic
    WarriorQueen
    Participant

My husband just told me tomorrow is heavanly parents day!! Where is this in the bible!? Is this a made up thing from the cog or a Korean holiday they have incorporated into the cog!?

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Really, there’s a heavenly parents day tomorrow? I better return to Zion and attend worship…

Not. The cog adds extra services. Its not biblical. Not at all. There is no shadow in the old testament of this.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@Warrior. Since Korea, Pre-Wms and even Christianity is a Shamanistic culture, they revere their dead relatives. Much like many African Nations cultures the dead they believe are to be remembered. Koreans have, “Parents day”. Where they remember dead parents offering food or offerings at mini shrines to them, and having a celebration for living parents. Now to be and sound “new age” and accomodating, the WMS made, “Heavenly Parents Day”. Most members dont question it, because they are;

1.Told its to be thankful to Zhang and Ahn

2. Not thoroughly explained Kotean culture.

Since its hard to call Parents day, EVIL in Korea, they assimilate it into their WMS culture.

Note to Exmembers- Some of you may have seen the “History of Xmas” vid. they would show to paint how Christmas was soo Pagan. In one part they spoke about how the Catholic church assimilated pagan beliefs into xmas so Pagans would adapt. This is the same thing. They adsimilated Parents day into their Wms celebrations.

Heavenly Parents day, was just a convenient way to 1up the “pagans”. Imagine, I create a cult similar to WMS here in the states. I notice that July 4th is a very very popular Holiday, that everyone loves and I have trouble making it seem Unholy. What do I do, have, “Heavenly Independence Day”, and but some schtick behind it like;

“Bredder, this the day we focus on being Independent from this world, and get our heavenly freedom”

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Lmao, man that is some solid points there. Heavenly independence day? I like the sounds of it. So the cog will say our thanksgiving is pagan, stay away or go to he-ll, but parents day is totally okay? No, I don’t think so anymore.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

Yea..when I came out, I remembered how much BS heavenly parents day, was. Same as the Bizaar/Tag sale they would have. Putting on aapearences as if they are a normal church.

WarriorQueen
    Participant

Lol… Ok I get it!!

Lol… I’m going to tell my husband this year let’s have a heavanly Halloween or let’s decorate our heavanly Christmas tree..

Oh man!!

I know it won’t fly.. But it’s funny how they can add heavenly to anything not biblical and he runs.. Smh!!

So what are other celebrations they do besides feasts and stuff!!

My husband was telling me about them celebrating ahns birthday on Christmas in 2012 because of the sacred calender date that year or something!!

When is his birthday and how was that celebrated!?!

Is this birthday.. in 2012.. a cover up for something else that was celebrated or done on that day.. that year.. But since they got backlash from it they call it something else!?

UntouchableJ
    Participant

In 2012, Ahns bday did fall on Xmas. There was some curiosity because the Church allowed us to light up a small tree in front of our branch church. I wasnt exactly clear on why (Maybe Mayor or Brian can jog my memory), but it felt like they were trying to accomodate we Americans and our love for the holiday.

WarriorQueen
    Participant

So the tree lighting only happened that year too!? Because it fell on Christmas!?

UntouchableJ
    Participant

Honestly, WarriorQ….It did only happen that year, and the Koreans are always trying to master learning about us(Americans in this case) but keep the standards they want as well. When something doesnt work, it quickly disappears and is never brought up again. Thats their trick.

Azula
    Participant

The "heavenly" parents day is the wedding anniversary for mama z and ash. It was on that day in 1984 (by the lunar calendar or something of that nature) that ash and z took a wedding photo together. ash supposedly gave mama z a bouquet of carnations to indicate that she was the "bride".

AbbaFather07
    Participant

So this holiday is ok to celebrate but Christmas isnt?!?! I thought the COG did everything exactly as the Bible….seems like they have a lot of loop holes

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Christmas is totally not ok. While the family was having a big turkey dinner, I thought, missing one tuesday service won’t hurt would it? Then I skipped out. I never regretted it. I encourage all members to put family first, then the cog second. And come to think of it, I remember there being lights in the bushes one year too. Hmm, seems a little suspicious, now that I think about it.

WarriorQueen
    Participant

Does anyone have pictures of this “Heavenly birthday Christmas”!? Lol…

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

No! Can you post pictures on this site? I thought I saw pictures in on topic way back.

@warrior, were you getting your questions answered about cog doctrine? I was going post some stuff but got busy on the weekend. Was there anything you wanted explained?

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@Mayor I sat and processed it, and I remember what it was. In 2012 Ahn bday fell on Xmas. I remember the Overseer saying something to the effect of “Ahn” being the true light of the world, and relating somehow that they use lights in Korea. They do the same tactic in WMS that middle management does at a job. When you implement something, and don’t want anyone to question it, blame it on Mangement, or in this case, Head office.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

I figure it was their “I see, therefore I do it too” mindset. There was that one birthday service on Christmas back there somewhere. There’s the parents day service, then there are the birthday services. But that should be all for extra non biblical services, right?

WarriorQueen
    Participant

Mayor, I think you can only post a link for a picture.. But I have email and a cell phone if anyone has pictures of anything I haven’t seen yet!! & yes,I still need answers on doctrine.. stuff I need to brush up on and important stuff I should know about the doctrine.. If you remember or just simply think there’s something of importance I absolutely should know.. I forget what exact topic we talked about it at! And where my mind was then, on the doctrine.. Cause I seriously have a horrible memory and information overload lately!! My mind gets to spinning with this stuff!! I know my husband is so stuck on Passover Then sabbath.. I believe if I can get passed those I’m golden!!

Lol.. EXTRA non biblical services..

Yeah,cause all of it is mostly non biblical!! Simply religious indoctrination…

But there’s the times when it’s EXTRA!!!

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Alright, I’ll put some verses together in the biblical arguments section. Stay tuned. There were pictures in one of the topics. I’ll have to seen if I can do it. Maybe post some South Korea pics.

WarriorQueen
    Participant

Ohh I’m ready!!

Just let me know when it’s done and where to look!!! Thanks so much in advance!!!

AbbaFather07
    Participant

So wouldnt Ahns bday be every Christmas?? Why did it “fall” on xmas of 2012 only? Did I read that correctly? Also this is the Cogs christmas bc they are celebrating their saviors birthday….seems contradicting…so how can they tell people not to celebrate christmas when they are doing the same thing….Im dumbfounded!

UntouchableJ
    Participant

For some reason, I don’t recall it falling on the same day, like we do here. To get more into the made up holidays, they also celebrate “Fathers coming day”. Ironically, they didnt do this when Ahn was alive, in the NCPCOG. I Wish I would have thought about this when I was a member.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.