Can you relate?

• Creator
    Topic
    Joshua
    Participant

For several years now I have posted various things in our forum. Many have questioned why I have persisted for so long. As most of you are aware I have always endevored to help if I can and the idea of getting people out of destructive control groups has become a passion for me. This is the simplest answer that I have been able to come up with. Yesterday I was having a conversation with an ex-member who I consider to be my friend. I was encouraging this individual to keep opening up about their experiences with the WMSCOG but not to become consumed by it. While we were talking I came to the realization that I am consumed by it! Several months ago I was conversating with my pastor when he spoke very directly and purposely about this passion of mine. He said with almost 100% certainty that I have a form of PTSD. (Post Tramtic Stress Disorder) It started with my loved ones involvement in the WMSCOG and my desire to get them out as soon as possible. After helping to make this a reality I continued to help others come out and to reach out to other people that had become affected due to a loved ones involvement. Here's where I have become consumed by this. In my mind I keep replaying parts of my past remembering my loved ones involvement and the stress and turmoil it caused in our family. Folks, I have been reliving some of the past over and over again. I am very thankful that my loved one is out and has been out for several years now. I am thankful to be able to help others with this and I believe that God has called me to do this very thing. Instead of letting the past own me I am turning these feelings into something useful which I believe is why God had me go through this in the first place. Until He releases me from these memories and stops putting people in my path that need my help I will continue to do what I feel is right. I don't like having some of these feeling over and over again however, I imagine it's better than having my hip broken or having a thorn in my side that I can never get rid of. It has made me passionate and able to understand where other people are emotionally. I cannot speak to someone on what it's like to be on the inside of the WMSCOG but I can speak to someone about what it's like to have a loved one trapped inside of the WMSCOG. I can speak to current member about the stress and turmoil that is going on in their families due to their involvement in the WMSCOG. God has gifted me with that ability. I know that there are many of you who suffer with the aspect of PTSD because of this group and their undue influence. Please share with me and with the other folks here what it has been like for you and how you have found to deal with it.

Ms Freedom
    Participant

In the first year that my child became involved, I was a wreck. I had problems focusing at work, I couldn't sleep, I thought about it constantly. I felt like my child had died. My marriage survived but it was shaky for a while. We felt differently about the approach we should take.

I just had to take it a day at a time. It has been 3 years now. My child has cut off contact with the entire family. I still think about them but now at least I don't cry everytime someone asks. I have other children so I had to try my best to stay on track. I didn't want them to feel that they were not enough. None of them have children, so it was hard for them to understand the empty place in my heart. 

My faith is pretty much gone.

I had to stop talking about it with my friends. I could read their faces that they didn't want to talk about it anymore.

The thing that saved me was the members here and the former members that I stay in touch with. Mountain Mom in particular has been so supportive. She was a light in my darkest hour. Simply – another mother who had lost their child to this cult in the same way I had.

I am grateful to everyone on here. Even the current members that fight to defend the WMSCOG. I hope that some have been educated by the postings here and I hope I may have given them something to think about.

fedupmom
    Participant

@Joshua-thank you for starting this thread and also for hanging in there with those of us who haven’t been successful YET, (I’ll never give up), in bringing our loved ones back to us and their family who so deeply miss them and their former selves.

@Ms. Freedom- when I read your above thread- I had to check that your name was on it and not mine as I could have written that myself with all the similarities! I have only a couple differences as my family member has now been in WMSCOG for 4 years and we still have contact which I am thankful for daily. However, he has missed or cut short many family events or just outings that we once enjoyed together, which he now feels do not interest him anymore, sadly! This is not the son we once knew but rather the person he has turned into since joining this group. I do not blame him or, any other members of this group, for the changes that have evolved as a result of their membership, but it has been heart wrenching to watch the transition. I only wish they would do their research outside of this group, not only for their Loved ones’ sake but especially for themselves! This I find to be a huge and frustrating challenge!

As Brian Taylor mentioned in one of his recent videos, it would be great to have other former members make videos, or voice their experiences in one way or another. I do realize it may be difficult for some and that is understandable considering what they have been through ( I know that I wouldn’t push my loved one into it if he wasn’t ready), but for those who are ready and willing, we are here to support you!

Our lives have not been the same since our sons’ involvement, but we love him no less, and we hang on to the hope that someday we will have our son back!

Yes, Joshua we too are consumed with this, but we will NEVER give up on these members and hope one day we can all celebrate their release from this influence….

Joshua
    Participant

This is really good so far. I promise that until God shows me that I should not be doing this I will continue. You all have helped me (in some ways more than I have helped you) and I will continue to be here for you.

Anonymous
    Inactive

My experience has been a combination of  MsFreedom and Fedupmom.  The first year I was led to believe it was just another Seventh Day Adventist.  By this point I was tired of hearing no you can't do this or no we can't do that and I started researching it.  This was one of the many sites I visited prior to making my own decision.  Once I figured it out, it was a constant battle that came down to being separated from my loved one.  During this separation, my husband and I totally disagreed on the approach and it got very close to our marriage being destroyed.  It was at this point that I decided enough was enough and these people were not going to get to my marriage!  My loved one was trying to reach out to me through my husband.  I finally told my husband what I wanted and it occurred.  My loved one did not want life without me.  In other words, my loved one saw how I was not letting the separation get the better of me and it was bothering them.  I finally agreed to attempt to rebuild.  We are on speaking terms but it is nothing more than superficial.  Yes, there are many things my loved one has missed out on; however, they will have to live with it, not me.  Someday the bullies' strangle hold will let go and when it does, I will definitely be here with open arms when they decide to return….regrets and all!  Yes, I will be the one they run to when they are ready to pick up the pieces.  Yes, I will not rebuke them when the time comes.  wmscog………….you can bully them……..but NEVER will you bully me!  I will always have my loved ones back!

I would also like to recognize MountainMom and Joshua.  If it were not for MountainMom, I'm sure I would not have survived this.  I had many sleepless nights.  She listened to me when friends decided they didn't want to hear it anymore or didn't want to be involved. Joshua has also helped guide me along this trip.  Someday God will have mercy on all of us and allow us to shut this mind control unit down.  Until then……..God give me the strength to see this through!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.