Curious about important verses.

• Creator
    Topic
    WarriorQueen
    Participant

These verses that the wmscog emphasizes on! I don’t know what they all are but I know Col Gen and Rev plays a huge role in the doctrine they teach! (if you know more tell me)

But what do these verses mean to you now compared to what they did in the cog!? Also just curious as to how one completely ignores the surrounding verses, that will definitely tell the whole truth of the scripture in its entirety. Does the truth of scripture become clear to you while you are involved towards the end, something you figure out after, or something you’re still trying to figure out!?

Joshua
    Participant

The books of the Bible that you've mentioned here are the ones the WMS uses to convince people there's a god the mother. As you stated, they take pieces of the text and don't read the verses in context. This is how they get away with their deception. (Oh, I messed up a little here. They use Gal not Col for their mother falicy.)

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

There are many verse they use. There are many they omit. Which topics do you want to know verses about: Heavenly Mother, second coming Christ, worship services?

jw03550
    Participant

Mayor and Mike wrote:

There are many verse they use. There are many they omit.

This is a big red flag – picking and choosing the verses – jumping around books of the bible.

Set up – Idea X

*finds Bible verse to support Idea X*

repeat.

*newbie thinks they have come to their own conclusions*

*leaders begin to preach that those that speak against the unique nature of the group is Satan*

*and…..the door slams shut*

friends & family that want to help become estranged.

we get a relationship so long as we play by the groups rules.

we puke watching Rebecca Gardner's videos…..

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Oh snap. And the shackes of the mind get locked. 

I'd like to help explain some hidden cog doctrine. Bring some things to light and show what's in the head of a"gospel worker."

I'd like to show how far the rabbit hole goes. I've been down and back. 

UntouchableJ
    Participant

Here is another spin on their crazy logic;

WMS out Preaching*- “Look, that person looks like good fruit”

(After the person refuses)

WMS member- “People are so blind to our truth. How can they not see?They are so arrogant.”

What bothered me about preaching was this mindset. I’ve seen Members aspire to convert the “safest” potential member. Someone who looks well off, clean and fits their visual perception of Heavenly. I’ve seen members ignore lower income individuals, and people from varying ethnic backgrounds. I remember once our Korean Overseer saying how he wanted to bear some, “Good white fruit”. What personifies good? Appearence, income or status? The WMS will conviently not even preach in areas they deem as “not good”. The establishing their own image of their ideal member.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

I think my overseer was racist. He never seemed to like white people. He always called them arrogant. 

Untouchable sounds like a gospel worker from my old zion. 

When I get home, I'll pull out the verses for mama. 

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@Mayor…I HATED preaching. To reiterate, Hated. How am I, “Saving the world”, if Im adviaed not to preach to; Blacks, Hispanics, homeless, low income, or those who “don’t look clean?” It bothered me. When I was in Undergrad, at an evangelical ministry, we spoke about Jesus to anyone and didnt treat them like scum when they walked away.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Haha, I know what you mean. It really is all about appearances, isn't it?

This dude looks like a pimp, I better not preach to him. 

I have no issues with Blacks, Hispanics, homeless, low income. If salvation really is in "zion", then how can I judge and say no? However, do you remember what prophecy says in Micah 4:1?

It specifically says "peoples" will stream to the mountain of the Lord's temple. Peoples: like the ones you mentioned. 

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Isaiah 2 says "all nations"

UntouchableJ
    Participant

Yea, people*

Wms definition- *People; Those who fit in a 50-100k tax bracket, and look like they wouldnt hurt a fly.

WarriorQueen
    Participant

@ Mayor I want them all..

I’m trying to build my knowledge on this.. My husband refuses to let me see his books.. Or sit with me and read them along with the bible.. I tell him I can break that bondage they have on him if we look at them together and read them in their entirety.. He refuses.. So I have to be able to get around that with simply knowing what scriptures they use and how they aren’t read right!! And how badly they are misinterpreting doctrine.. Or at least try!!!

WarriorQueen
    Participant

It’s so sad that members don’t see this right away God wants everyone saved not just who has money or looks heavanly.. Any black sheep can seem perfect and be the biggest devil out there!! But just like wmscog can happen to anyone… Anyone can be saved and turn their lives around!! Can’t judge a book by its cover..

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

The doctrine itself gets deep in scripture that even the overseers have teachings that I don't know about. I won't be able to give you the whole doctrine as I've learned it today. I'll give you some verses to chew on. May I suggest asking questions he won't be able to answer and showing him the errors in their religious practice compared to the bible. 

1. The cog believes the sabbath day begins and ends at sunrise. But the bible states and the nation of Israel observes a sun down to sun down sabbath day. Leviticus 23:32 talks about the day of atonement as a sabbath rest. 

2. Ask why the cog celebrated the passover a month earlier in the month of Adar this year while Israel celebrated passover in season a month later. 

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Mama verses

Gen 1:26 God said let us make man…

Gen 2:21 Adam falling asleep is supposed to represent ASH passing away before mother took leadership of the church

There's lots of interpreted parts of creation. 

Isaiah 6:8 the Lord said "who will go for us"

Galations 4:26 "Jerusalem… is our mother"

Rev 19:7-8 wedding of the lamb, his bride

Rev 21:2 New jerusalem coming down out of heaven (mama coming to earth)

Rev 21:9 wife of the lamb…

Rev 22:17 the spirit and the bride say come… take the free gift of the water of life. (mama, the last secret)

WarriorQueen
    Participant

@ Mayor..Ok I’ll take some to chew on.. Message me some other stuff you think I should touch on.. And I will touch on the two you just mentioned those are some I don’t believe I have tried to touch on! So thanks..

I still want insight on how y’all looked at scripture in the cog and how y’all consider it now!

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

No problem. I hope this helps. Also check the cog website. There should be sermons you can read up on. 

Hyde
    Participant

@WarriorQueen
    – When I left WMS I believed the church had become corrupted so I left but I still believed in ASH as christ for about 6 months after leaving. I still prayed to him in secret. The brainwashing wore off slowly with me. So in my case I didn't  fully turn away from WMS doctrine for some time.

jw03550
    Participant

WarrQueen, they teach that Satan & the Catholic church abolished the Passover

and that Satan is continually working to abolish the Passover

so its likely the husband sees you as undermining the Passover

which means you're doing Satan's work

to these believers, anyway…

so stay away from Bible debates, I'd say

AbbaFather07
    Participant

Gal 4:26 they think the Jersusalem above is free is Mother God….this is a verse I hear a lot. Even though if u read the whole chapter in entirety its explains they are talking about Sarah and Hagaar.

AbbaFather07
    Participant

My husband believes in this bullshit too. Im so tired of it and I feel like Im in a nightmare. No one understands what I’m going through bc a lot of people have never even heard about this cult. When I explain they are like is this a joke…nope real life unfortunately

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.