Saving Yourself By Preaching? Joo Cheol Kim quotes

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    Emily
    Participant

I came across additional 'interesting" quotes by Joo Cheol Kim in his book "My Sheep Listen to My Voice" today.  I wanted to put these out there for discussion.

"We are apt to consider preaching to be a sacrificial mission to benefit only others.  But actually, preaching is the way to save ourselves.  That's why God commanded us to preach." (p. 271)

"Preaching is the duty of all the Church members, so it should be done in mutual cooperation among fellow workers." (p. 273)

First, if Joo is saying that preaching is a "duty" then it is work.  Second, I didn't think that we could ever save ourselves.  Ephesians 2:8-9.

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith —and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

Anyone have any input on this?

Emily
    Participant

I forgot to mention…

Joo also writes that attending services is another duty (work).

"If we neglect to attend worship services–which is our basic duty, the work of preaching cannot be successful, no matter how fervently evangelists preach the gospel.  To attend the worship services is to help the evangelists bear good fruit.  Positive participation in every worship and meeting is closely related to preaching." (p. 277)

Huh???  So you can't "bear good fruit" or successfully recruit, if you don't attend every service and meeting.  Sounds like a non sequitur argument to me.

Joshua
    Participant

Of all of the literature and sermons I’ve read from this group I keep running into things like this. There’s so much control built into everything this group puts out it’s impossible to imagine that anyone can live up to all of the demands and expectations placed on them. God died for us to make it possible for us to have a relationship with him and be able to be adopted and one day go to Heaven. The law condemned us all but Jesus set us free. This group has created a whole new group of laws that no one will ever be able to fulfill. Once again, these Pharisees, have created condemnation and death for Gods people. Shame on them!

Sueno Maruyama
    Participant

The techniques of a mind control cults are pretty similar.  In such a cult, you NEVER acquire full knowledge and understanding of the "theology".  That is what helps to keep you committed to the cult.  That is what helps the cult maintain control.  WMSCOG is controlled by a small group of Koreans …. others, particularly non Korean members, will never acquire a high level of "knowledge" or power within the group … 

Moon's cult was formulated by a combination of Korean AND Japanese involvement … but WMSCOG is 100% Korean …. as far as formulation of theology is concerned … and definitely as far as CONTROL is concerned …

Azula
    Participant

Sueno Maruyama wrote:

The techniques of a mind control cults are pretty similar.  In such a cult, you NEVER acquire full knowledge and understanding of the "theology".  That is what helps to keep you committed to the cult.  That is what helps the cult maintain control.  WMSCOG is controlled by a small group of Koreans …. others, particularly non Korean members, will never acquire a high level of "knowledge" or power within the group … 

Moon's cult was formulated by a combination of Korean AND Japanese involvement … but WMSCOG is 100% Korean …. as far as formulation of theology is concerned … and definitely as far as CONTROL is concerned …

Well said.

remco9519
    Participant

look here people, i am not a mind controller but i might say that people standing on logic, understanding and reason can not be made to respond to mind control no matter what techniques applied. On matters of preaching. we should think what is that that it should be preached. will we preach the truth or the false?  I was a christian as i know because my baptismal certificate bear the seal of the roman catholic church but for long years of research i find out that i am following the doctrine of paul so im supposed to be a paulinian.  jesus in any bible you never find him claiming divinity. but people around like paul he says worhip him (jesus) because he is god our saviour. what i follow, being a christian i followed Paul instead of jesus.u got the point im trying to drive out?  because i followed paul i am paulinian, if i could have followed jesus then i could have been a christian.  so same with WMSCOG now they create gods.  what about christians, same thing, they made jesus as god  on the instruction of paul.  shall we preach the truth or the false. and which one here is truth and which one is false. we can never solve a problem of false if we apply also false. only truth can solved false.

Smurf
    Participant

remco9519 wrote:

i find out that i am following the doctrine of paul so im supposed to be a paulinian.  jesus in any bible you never find him claiming divinity. but people around like paul he says worhip him (jesus) because he is god our saviour.

Sure, sure, because without Paul Jesus would have been just a regular guy who happened to walk on water and rise from the dead.

But that was typical back then, wasn't it? People were like: "Yeah, whatever, I can do that too. Here, hold my beer."

Travis
    Participant

remco9519 wrote:

look here people, i am not a mind controller but i might say that people standing on logic, understanding and reason can not be made to respond to mind control no matter what techniques applied. On matters of preaching. we should think what is that that it should be preached. will we preach the truth or the false?  I was a christian as i know because my baptismal certificate bear the seal of the roman catholic church but for long years of research i find out that i am following the doctrine of paul so im supposed to be a paulinian.  jesus in any bible you never find him claiming divinity. but people around like paul he says worhip him (jesus) because he is god our saviour. what i follow, being a christian i followed Paul instead of jesus.u got the point im trying to drive out?  because i followed paul i am paulinian, if i could have followed jesus then i could have been a christian.  so same with WMSCOG now they create gods.  what about christians, same thing, they made jesus as god  on the instruction of paul.  shall we preach the truth or the false. and which one here is truth and which one is false. we can never solve a problem of false if we apply also false. only truth can solved false.

I like the term Paulinian  …lol

You just found all the similarities the ASH story has with the Jesus story. Now, what do we do.? 

We can't go around saying that or else, we'll be destroyed, eaten alive by all the Fanatic Christians on Earth. They are far greater in number. 

WMS says: Jesus never claimed to be God or the son of God… Neither did ASH .. ASH just came to fulfil the "supposed" prophesy written on the Bible …

ASH had one advantage over Jesus though … He had time to write in his own Bible, unlike Jesus .. The savior, the teacher and Master who never wrote a sentence anywhere .. 

emil
    Participant

@remco9519
    – Let me get this straight. You don't believe Jesus is God. You state that Jesus never claimed to be God but it is Paul who is responsible for making people think that Jesus is God. Is that right?

genny
    Participant

remco9519 wrote:

jesus in any bible you never find him claiming divinity.

Travis wrote:

WMS says: Jesus never claimed to be God or the son of God… Neither did ASH .. ASH just came to fulfil the "supposed" prophesy written on the Bible …

I have heard this from wmscog too, that Jesus never claimed to be God, but they are incorrect.

Jesus did claim to be God.  He did so in both action and word (including accepting worship, which He should have refused if He did not claim to be God), and the people around Him at the time understood His claim and accused Him of blasphemy for it.  Some examples are in…

John 8:57-59

John 9:38

John 10:28-33

John 20:27-29

Matt. 14:33

Matt. 28:9,17

Other disciples besides Paul also considered Him to be God, such as John and Peter (John 1:1,14; 2 Peter 1:1).

Travis
    Participant

genny wrote:

remco9519 wrote:

jesus in any bible you never find him claiming divinity.

Travis wrote:

I have heard this from wmscog too, that Jesus never claimed to be God, but they are incorrect.

Jesus did claim to be God.  He did so in both action and word (including accepting worship, which He should have refused if He did not claim to be God), and the people around Him at the time understood His claim and accused Him of blasphemy for it.  Some examples are in…

John 8:57-59

John 9:38

John 10:28-33

John 20:27-29

Matt. 14:33

Matt. 28:9,17

Other disciples besides Paul also considered Him to be God, such as John and Peter (John 1:1,14; 2 Peter 1:1).

Good eye, Genny…

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.