Racism in the WMSCOG

David
    Participant

Sandiegogirl619 wrote:

So if you were to be diagnosed with let's say stage 4 cancer….members would guilt you did not being there on the sabbath. That sounds so evil to me. Hospital visits and funerals are kinda the norm in many churches. Even the LDS will visit memebers in the hospital and pray for them. It shocking to me. Memebers have to pass on I mean it's just part of life. For them to

not have a funeral or burial ritual is mind boggling to me. You would think the love flow would happen when members are ill too and not just when they are trying to indoctrinate you into their beliefs. Is the reason they preach the sabbath message straight off the bat because they automatically want to show that everyone else is wrong and damned? I was so excited when I met my sales team memeber and she said she was a Christian. When I had asked her if she had ever heard of Hillsong and she was completely clueless as to who that Christian worship group was I knew something was up. I mean even Mormons and a Christians listen to some of the same hymns. My friend who is I think teeter tottering on the line and still

Going on Saturdays told me that the worship music at the church is boring and that she still

listens to Gospel music. So strange. This whole thing.

Have you rsearched the leadership at Hillsong???

Sandiegogirl619
    Participant

Would it hurt your feelings if I told you I think that is completely messed up and hypocritical. How can you lead a member along and then leave them high and dry in a crisis after you have attempted to alienate them from their family and loved ones. It just doesn’t make any since and doesn’t seem far or even morally right.

Sandiegogirl619
    Participant

David I have. I know the leadership in Hillsong is controversially some Christian churches due to what their church kinda stands for…even then most Christians have heard of them. I more or less used it as a metric to see where she was on the scale of being farm iliac with Christian media than anything.

Sandiegogirl619
    Participant

I wanted to see how familiar she was with Christian media. The girl on my team was raised in Islam…the one that is super involved. So I was really excited to meet an Islam Christian convert at first then when I realized what was going on and how nieve they were to common Christian group knowledge it was kind of an early red flag.

Brian Taylor
    Participant

Yeah the forun has a profainity filter. It will blot out fuck shit bitch ass and lot of other stuff. But you can assume that there will be glitches ๐Ÿ˜‰

David
    Participant

Brian Taylor wrote:

Yeah the forun has a profainity filter. It will blot out fuck shit bitch ass and lot of other stuff. But you can assume that there will be glitches ๐Ÿ˜‰

Ah, yeah, the profanity filter became necessary a couple years ago, Let's just say there was a lot of tension in the forum and admin was spending too much valuable time inserting (removed for rules) The forum was a little like the "wild west" back then.

I think Brian Taylor would have enjoyed it though! 

Brian Taylor
    Participant

@David , yeah lol! But I always remember that a thesis and sound argument are of the most important aspect of online word wars while profanity is like the frosting on the cake!

Sandiegogirl619
    Participant

Lol thanks for the lighter note guys.

Selena
    Participant

The location I was at, if you were in the hospital and could not make it you kept service by yourself or with your spouse at the hospital. You also preach there. If someone was to get sick it was because we are sinners and that mother has healed people before she may heal you, you just have to have faith. In one of joo cheol Kim books he also said that God allows bad things such as sickness so we can be grateful for health and blessings.

Sandiegogirl619
    Participant

Wow Selena that it so sad and awful!

setufree
    Participant

Selena wrote:

The location I was at, if you were in the hospital and could not make it you kept service by yourself or with your spouse at the hospital. You also preach there. If someone was to get sick it was because we are sinners and that mother has healed people before she may heal you, you just have to have faith. In one of joo cheol Kim books he also said that God allows bad things such as sickness so we can be grateful for health and blessings.

Same where I was, if you were in hospital you had to keep service by yourself.  Someone there got very ill, and told me they kept services in the room by themselves (noone from the church ever visited that person either)

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@Sandiego A guy I was close to while a member got seriously hut at his job, and suffered a fractured vertabrae and slipped discs in his back. The Elder came once to see him…but ironically when other Brothers asked to visit him in the hospital they were told “No”. I went anyway. I didnt understand the need to ask permission of someone to do the right thing

UntouchableJ
    Participant

Like Brian stated, when a member dies, they wont mention it. Two members died when I was at Wms and it was never mentioned. My wife asked the Missionary about funerals. She was told that they do a small memorial service and they dont bury members. This is relevant because they claim “funerals” on their tax i.d. as a service that makes them eligible for Faith based income.

Sandiegogirl619
    Participant

So those truly saved won’t die until the last day? So sad and sick.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

??? Say that again Untouchable. I wasn’t a member long enough to be there when a member died, but they don’t mention when a member passes away?

Do they hide the truth (a member dies) and then continue on presenting clean appearances to fulfill their own set of beliefs like the power of the passover?

Wow.

And who are they in the eyes of the government, something else and not a church?

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@Mayor.You read correct. They wont mention it. They both died of natural causes. Former members I have spoken to who were in the early L.A. church tell of a female member who was killed in a car accident. WMS has learned to stop saying, “members won’t die”, but if a well known member (popular, or a title holder) dies they will likely blame it on the member not taking passover, being inconsistent with New Covenant commands, or, they will start a smear campaign on that member. So to answer, yes, they will keep pressing on. Unless the congregation knows, the Overseer will probably lie and say that person left the church.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

I shouldn’t be surprised at such things from the WMS.

I hate how they create such appearances and won’t allow God’s creation to take its course. And if someone dies in a car accident, why won’t they give their condolences. It looks like they would rather hide the truth and keep on presenting their appearances. Its wrong.

There was a video made and put on YouTube that testify a few individuals had escaped disaster, and they said it was because they kept the passover. But we all know who made that video.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@Mayor When the woman dies, as the story goes, The Overseer tried to say, “She didnt take Passover”. A member states, “I was there, I was next to her. She ate the Passover”, and again the Overseer reiterated, “No she didnt”. These are devilish people masquerading as holy people, willing to degrade a member to make the church doctrine appear sound.

jw03550
    Participant

UntouchableJ wrote:

@Mayor When the woman dies, as the story goes, The Overseer tried to say, "She didnt take Passover". A member states, "I was there, I was next to her. She ate the Passover", and again the Overseer reiterated, "No she didnt". These are devilish people masquerading as holy people, willing to degrade a member to make the church doctrine appear sound.

Let me guess….the member eventually comes to his/her senses about being deceived, leaves, and then the overseer puts in place clever ostracization against that person?

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@jw Honestly, WMS masters the art of leading a person on HOW to think. So, they will try to have an anawer, even for a question that hasnt been raised yet. When word got out about ASH book, “Problems with the New Jerusalem and womens veils”, what does WMS do? They make their own video, they dont let members READ the entire book, and then they tell you what this that meant. They even said, “Well Father HAD to say there was no Heavenly mother because….”. So ASH had to lie? Which the bible said he can’t do, but he had to?

Viewing 20 replies - 61 through 80 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.