Gift Giving

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

If wmscog does not celebrate Christmas on Christmas Day, how is it justified to exchange gifts on any day during the week between Christmas Day and New Years?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Simon wrote:

how retarded can you get

I'm not so sure why you feel you must be so rude.  We are here to help break the hold of WMSCOG on those we love that are trapped in an evil cult.  If you feel anger or rudeness welling up inside you please post on some other forum.  Thanks for listening.

Simon
    Participant

Heinrich Hochhalter wrote:

Simon wrote:

how retarded can you get

I'm not so sure why you feel you must be so rude.  We are here to help break the hold of WMSCOG on those we love that are trapped in an evil cult.  If you feel anger or rudeness welling up inside you please post on some other forum.  Thanks for listening.

I direct my responses to those that deserve them I am not going to misdirect my proper anger at another

Simon
    Participant

MountainMom wrote:

Anyone who wants to see what I was referring to as to the wms celebrating the birth of Christ on Dec. 25, 2011, can simply go tio the top of this page, click on EVIDENCE, then go down to Controversial Points and click on that.  The very first article is  entitled "The Church that celebrates the birth of Christ on December 25 is heretical" which was in a sermon by Joo Cheol Kim.  As I was saying, they celebrated Ahn's birthday on Dec. 25, 2011, but didn't judge themselves as heretical. Double standard.  Hypocritical.  No question about it.

It's not hypocritical at all not even one smidgen (not the december 25 part, perhaps celibrating a false christ while accusing us of falsely worshipping but that isn't what you are calling out)

They may not call  it Christmas, but they were  celebrating the birth of Christ (The fake one, Ahnsahnghong), and they did it on Dec. 25, 2011.  They don't do it on that date every year, of course, but they did then. 

becuase it WAS his birthday then.

Kind of like when they celebrate Easter but call it Ascension Day or whatever.  Doing their version of what we do, but calling it something else, then judging people who aren't in the wms.

Resurrection day and that is half true if Easter were calculated correctly and not called after a german goddess it would be hypocritical.

Anyway, not sure why the over reaction and insults associated with my post.

I didn't insult and I reacted just properly. Saying you lied isn't an insult nor is it an attack it is purely an observation of the fact we have discussed why there is a difference very thoroughly and why it is a fale accusation multiple times yet it keeps being brought up despite a thorough debunking. 

My feelings would be hurt if I cared but I don't, so have a great day!  Lol!

I am glad your feelings aren't hurt but I am concerned they would be if you cared because there was nothing to hurt your feelings in this thread.  Believe it or not I like you as a person even when I disagree and pray for the reunification on your family and that goes for pretty much everyone on this forum but love and caring involve calling out when you are in error or otherwise do wrong.

This forum is about exposing lies not using lies to counteract lies or we just become another cult of our own

Travis
    Participant

Simon wrote:

that is a lie dude.

I have to wonder what side YOU are on posting obvious lies makes people less likely to leave it's like you WANT to make those not in WMSCOG look like the liars they say we are

@Simon, I think it would be pointless to address a situation or make an argument with you. You simply love to insult every time you find a chance.

Be happy with yourself, for as long as it last… 

Smurf
    Participant

@Tavis: Don't mind him, he's hurt.

We're all with you, Simon, don't give up, buddy 🙂

Sally
    Participant

Just circling back to the topic of birthdays, it was my understanding that your original birth date was irrelevant. Your true birthdate became the day you were baptised into the church. I don't think they celebrate that day though, I'm not sure.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I didn't mean to cause any kind of argument.  Maybe I just used the wrong words.  I KNOW I DID NOT intend to have people call other people names, throw tantrums or act like children.  With this being said, let's get back on topic and act like the adults that we are.  

I will attempt to try this again.  

In an effort to keep life as "normal" as possible for the grandkids, we were told by our loved ones that it was ok to give them their "gifts" on another day with no indication of Christmas.  Although I call them "Christmas gifts", the members and the children call them "New Year's Gifts" and receive them between Christmas Day and New Year's Day.  I asked this question because it is very confusing to the children…..they say they hate Santa but know he will leave gifts at the grandparents house for them.    I am trying to figure out how to handle this situation as it breaks my heart knowing these kids will not have Christmas memories like their parents have.

MountainMom
    Participant

Just to clarify, when I said I didn't care, it wasn't about not caring about the truth.  I definitely care about that and have only posted what I perceive to be the truth.  What I meant is that I don't care about Simon's opinions.  I hope that was clear.

Simon
    Participant

Travis wrote:

Simon wrote:

that is a lie dude.

I have to wonder what side YOU are on posting obvious lies makes people less likely to leave it's like you WANT to make those not in WMSCOG look like the liars they say we are

@Simon, I think it would be pointless to address a situation or make an argument with you. You simply love to insult every time you find a chance.

Be happy with yourself, for as long as it last… 

No it isn't an insult (also if you posted in context it was adressing an accusation against me made first so even if it WERE an insult it wouldn't be a very good example to make your poin with)

I simply hate to insult no matter what your paranoia is telling you

Joshua
    Participant

I've been sitting back and watching this for a while. I don't like what I'm seeing here! Anytime this happens it sucks! Stop with the name calling and the aquizations. It's hard enough to do what we do here without turning on each other. If you are posting things about another member of our forum and it even seems like it might be insulting or worse then I want you to unplug for a while, gather your thoughts, and come back to the topic when you can be more constructive. Fighting the WMSCOG and helping to free those people that are still imprisoned by them is our goal here. If you are getting tripped up by the little things like if the WMSCOG did or did not celebrate Christ birth on December 25th then I think it's time for you to take a break. We all need to unplug from this sometimes. Even I have takes weeks off from the forum in paticular. Anyone remember when I was in heavy confrontation with 144,000 or FromTheOtherSide? Talk about a mess! After they gave up trying to convert me into their way of thinking and/or insulting me for not seeing things their way they left and I took about four weeks off to gather my composure. I did the same thing that I'm asking some of you to do. With that said I do want to thank all of you for contributing to the forum. The things that have been brought here by you guys has been very valuable and has helped many people to see the light. Lets be a light for each other. We don't and will not always agree with each other but lets put a stop on the insults and judgement. Thank you. 

Curious1
    Participant

Well said Joshua. I was wondering, in one of the topics the date aug. 14th came up, any news about that. What is was? I know my loved one went away but I don't know the reason. 

MountainMom
    Participant

@Curious 1:  I second what you said about Joshua's post.  And I was also wondering about the August 14 thing. 

But I am going to stop posting and visiting the site, so I probably won't be seeing the answer.  It's a great site, and I really am thankful to those on here who have supported me and given such great advice. It's just time to go.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Simon wrote:

From a rather quick perusal of previous posts by you I would venture to say that you regularly enjoy insulting people contributing to this forum.  In other forums you would have been kicked off for the insults you have dished out to others …. not sure why you are allowed to continue posting here …. Whoever you are it may be best for you for follow the advice given by Joshua above and take time off.  Meanwhile let's hope Mountain Mom reconsiders …..

Simon
    Participant

Heinrich Hochhalter wrote:

Simon wrote:

From a rather quick perusal of previous posts by you I would venture to say that you regularly enjoy insulting people contributing to this forum.  In other forums you would have been kicked off for the insults you have dished out to others …. not sure why you are allowed to continue posting here …. Whoever you are it may be best for you for follow the advice given by Joshua above and take time off.  Meanwhile let's hope Mountain Mom reconsiders …..

seeing as I haven't insulted a single person here you are clealy in serious error.

genny
    Participant

Simon wrote:

seeing as I haven't insulted a single person here you are clealy in serious error.

Simon, I think it's a matter of intention and perception.

The meaning we (the speaker/writer) intend to get across is not always the meaning that is perceived by the listener (reader).  It's always a potential problem with communication between people (something I remember from college language classes :).

Simon
    Participant

genny wrote:

Simon wrote:

Simon, I think it's a matter of intention and perception.

The meaning we (the speaker/writer) intend to get across is not always the meaning that is perceived by the listener (reader).  It's always a potential problem with communication between people (something I remember from college language classes :).

but with that logic we are persecuting WMSCOG because they perceive it

genny
    Participant

Simon wrote:

I didn't mean it as logic.  It's just a fact that miscommunications happen.  Reasonable people would hopefully realize there was a miscommunication and try to repair it.

In your example, ideally the member would express that they feel persecuted by the speaker's message.  The speaker would express that it was not their intention to persecute but to examine or investigate.  The member would realize persecution was not the intent and move on with the conversation.  It's much better than either person getting defensive and escalating an argument.

Miscommunications happen all the time if you think about it.  We just have to learn how to handle them constructively.

(You should hear my kids.  They get all animated about it. "I didn't say that!" "Yes you did!  You said …!" "No, I said …!"  "Well that's not what I heard!" and on and on…)

Simon
    Participant

genny wrote:

Simon wrote:

I didn't mean it as logic.  It's just a fact that miscommunications happen.  Reasonable people would hopefully realize there was a miscommunication and try to repair it.

In your example, ideally the member would express that they feel persecuted by the speaker's message.  The speaker would express that it was not their intention to persecute but to examine or investigate.  The member would realize persecution was not the intent and move on with the conversation.  It's much better than either person getting defensive and escalating an argument.

Miscommunications happen all the time if you think about it.  We just have to learn how to handle them constructively.

(You should hear my kids.  They get all animated about it. "I didn't say that!" "Yes you did!  You said …!" "No, I said …!"  "Well that's not what I heard!" and on and on…)

Yes but we are passed the that's not what I meant stage when I said what I said he just accused me of lying about my motivations

Viewing 18 replies - 21 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.