Post WMS- How have you, "Found" yourself

• Creator
    Topic
    UntouchableJ
    Participant

Since there has been an influx of Family members of thise trapped in WMS seeking help, I just wanted to start this topic for we, “Ex”members to share what we may be doing or have done to find our true selves. Part of any cult, or mind controlling factor is to recreate “you”. In WMS, the make Korean culture, your culture. Personal activities are swept away, then only recreated for you when done by the church. Lets say you loved playing basketball on the weekends. You join WMS, and the feed you with urgency about saving souls, preaching, church work and spending time in Zion. Then, one day your branch church has an event at a park and you remember, “Hey, I love basketball”.

Recently my son had gotten into a Flag football league, something that could never have happened while in Wms. My wife has gotten back into traveling and her career. I have gotten back into reading and even playing video games (things that were spoken of negatively while I was in Wms). Hopefully everyone who has left, finds their true selves.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.