More people uploading videos :)

Smurf
    Participant

wow… flipping someone off? that's a new low, WMS… showing your true colours

David
    Participant

nohandle wrote:

Simon wrote:

that being said nohandle seems to be aknowledging it is adequet at proving doctrine but since it doesn't prove its a cult it is worthless that seems odd to me I was mostly curious why that isn't enough

Because the title of the video calls them a cult yet addresses nothing but a debate of doctrine.  The logic is flawed.  Tell me how they are a cult or remove that claim from the title of the video.  The problem that exists is that these pseudo-claims grow into a false belief by people unfamiliar with what a cult actually is into something similar to weird beliefs = cult.  Millions of people, and possibly billions worldwide, make sense of strange beliefs and, unknowingly, "join" cults or cultish groups; this is not to mention the inability to count people born into these groups.  Just because a newbie looks something up on the internet and finds a video titled "My experience with the cult- "Church of God, world mission society" does not mean that the information in it, to whatever degree we want to debate, is the condition which engenders thought that gets the newbie to stop attending.  It could very well be that the fact that the newbie was curious is the condition that engenders the exit.  To be fair, we don't know; in the absence of a study to verify one way or the other having more weight, I would have to back off on the completely worthless claim.  However, these are my reasons for the initial claim of the video being worthless.

also, HH:

....................../´¯/)
    ....................,/¯../
    .................../..../
    ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
    ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯
    ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
    ..........................'...../
    ..........''............. _.·´
    ..........................(

Hahahaha, I bet the guy who was known as "Stained" is kicking himself for not thinking of that one!

Abhigail Delema
    Participant

http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/peopleandpower/2015/08/south-korea-suicide-nation-150827070904874.html

Looking at this vedio various ideas come to mind knowing it is a confused nation and wants to confuse the world like the wmscog

.I guess they must have promised all their pastors and gospel workers that they will be taken care of in their old age if they do gospel work that is why they keep track of attendence records the fruit they bear and the tithes their fruit give. I just couldnt belive why cant they help these people instead of their we love you foundation doing good work all around the world as they say and claim.I guess CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME this is what they need to learn.I also realized why they teach members not to care for their familys.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Are there many members of WMSCOG over 50?  Besides the Koreans?  Seems to me that turning 50 they would kick you out unless you are Korean.

Anonymous
    Inactive

nohandle wrote:

also, HH:

....................../´¯/)
    ....................,/¯../
    .................../..../
    ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
    ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯
    ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
    ..........................'...../
    ..........''............. _.·´
    ..........................(

Nohandle's illustration is perhaps telling us the number of neural networks that can fire on or off in his brain in an hour.  

It's OK, Sir Handle of No.  We will pray to the Mother Zhang for help for you.  Maybe she might get interested and make you her 3rd Hubbie!

As far as the rest of your Red Bull Capn Crunch diatribe, maybe, as I said before, if you can take a break from your refreshments … take a look at the criteria for thought control cults laid out by Sanger, Hassan, and Lifton, overlay that criteria on what you can learn about WMSCOG tactics right here on the forum …… Why, Sir Handle, you might see a match.

But again, you gotta lay off the carbs and caffeine, take a deep breath, and try to get more of those neural networks pumpin'.  Might be a bit much for you, but hey, Sir Handle, give er a try.

Love, HH

Ms Freedom
    Participant

I’m not sure my emoji is going to show up here (and I don’t have the skill of artristy that no handle does) but here is a thumbs up to you HH!

Simon
    Participant

HH is Nothing but a bully so i can’t blame nohandle in the least

MountainMom
    Participant

I have to disagree, Simon.  HH is far more than that and he has been through a lot.  And while I think Nohandle can add to our discussion here, he has been very insensitive at times.  Possibly Nohandle has different circumstances than I, and many others here have,  so it may be hard for him to relate. That's the only excuse I can offer for him being insulting at times to posters here.  He hasn't lost a child to this cult, I'd bet.   

I hope he continues to post, but we can all do without the vulgarity. 

Simon
    Participant

He may be more than a bully but he’s definitely an ableist bully and being victim of it makes it hard to see past it

nohandle
    Participant

HH troll is troll.  The tactics mimic more of Scientology than WMSCOG so whatever you went through @ WMS, so sorry for you.

Amazing that people think I'm a WMSCOG member. Or that I'm defending them.

It's a debate of what is the most effacacious way to go about "the exit" or mitigate chances of so-called joining the group.  But if alternative points of view are discouraged on this site then it only points more broadly to what lessons about our social environments, and what mechanisms exist to maintain and reinforce them, have sorely been missed.

Seeing past the blinding light of our own ideologies is the key.  Some figure it out.  Most don't.

No finger for the intellectually inferior this time :/

MountainMom
    Participant

nohandle wrote:

HH troll is troll.  The tactics mimic more of Scientology than WMSCOG so whatever you went through @ WMS, so sorry for you.

Amazing that people think I'm a WMSCOG member. Or that I'm defending them.

It's a debate of what is the most effacacious way to go about "the exit" or mitigate chances of so-called joining the group.  But if alternative points of view are discouraged on this site then it only points more broadly to what lessons about our social environments, and what mechanisms exist to maintain and reinforce them, have sorely been missed.

Seeing past the blinding light of our own ideologies is the key.  Some figure it out.  Most don't.

No finger for the intellectually inferior this time :/

How might you warn people from joining the WMS?    Could you give an example, nothing vague, but something that others could use to help inoculate people from joining this?  The news media in Kansas did a pretty good job, I think.  I hope you saw that.  What is your opinion?

nohandle
    Participant

MountainMom wrote:

How might you warn people from joining the WMS?    Could you give an example, nothing vague, but something that others could use to help inoculate people from joining this?  The news media in Kansas did a pretty good job, I think.  I hope you saw that.  What is your opinion?

idk – something like, hi did you know this group has the practice in common with

groups X,Y,and Z….and A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J…….

that they cut off ties with friends and family?  that in 6 months (or much, much less) members will likely learn that in one form or another? especially those that criticize the group and/or its leader?

MountainMom
    Participant

nohandle wrote:

MountainMom wrote:

idk – something like, hi did you know this group has the practice in common with

groups X,Y,and Z….and A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J…….

that they cut off ties with friends and family?  that in 6 months (or much, much less) members will likely learn that in one form or another? especially those that criticize the group and/or its leader?

I think that warning could work if used with people who are just being recruited or approached by the wms.  (Nothing works with those already in)  It would at least get them curious enough to look at what they are getting into before committing.  I know many people, some on this site, who have actually warned people in a similar fashion.

Anonymous
    Inactive

nohandle wrote:

HH troll is troll.  

Sir Handle of Capn Crunch seems to have trouble structuring sentences when imbibing too much Red Bull.

Also, the word efficacious is not spelled with an a after the double f's.

Sir Handle seems better at his graphics work than presenting thoughtful arguments or reasoned analysis of whatever the subject is at hand.  

He is on some kind of mission, not sure the motivation …. maybe Scientology?  You got the Hubbard bug Handle Man??????

Simon
    Participant

And he proves it

Sarah2013
    Participant

As far as I am concerned she was on point. Bottom line, they were not convincing but rather confusing.

Viewing 16 replies - 21 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.