Members who are sent from Korea

• Creator
    Topic
    setufree
    Participant

In the zion I knew about there were always Korean members who were sent from Korea on what members would say were special missions. During Sabbaths I always found it strange how they would dissapear right after service, while the rest would be stuck staying inside all day, doing various studies, watching movies, classes, etc.

They only seemed to be around during service, dinner time, and when new members were around. Or they were always locked up inside the office.  Even when they were around they were very standoff-ish.  When I asked, another sister told me that they were just "humble" and since they knew Mother personally they did not want to boast or whatever.  However during service I sat near a few of them and during prayer, when my eyes were wide open, I noticed they were the only ones who were not praying, were not saying Amen, and also had thier eyes wide open when they were supposed to be shut. Also during feasts, when every member was in tears or crying, the Koreans showed zero emotion.

In my opinion based on the one I was attending, I think they were sent to make sure people were tithing, business goals were being met, and kind of as spys. What I found odd, is that their behavior was so obvious and in our face.  Example they held titles in Church but it always seemed that the American members who held the same title had to work extra hard and stay longer hours than the overseas members.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.