Advice needed

• Creator
    Topic
    AbbaFather07
    Participant

My brother in law is coming to visit and he is bringing his mail order bride. I know he is going to want to do Bible studies. That is the main reason he is visiting…it isnt to see his family…so I need some advice on how to not lose it when he is doing all the studies. My in laws and the rest of the fam including my husband are going to be hanging on his every word so I need to know how to open their eyes. I need to know what questions to ask, Bible verses to bring up and all the reasons you ex members arent in the cult anymore. I dont handle my emotions well so I dont want my bro in law looking better then me bc he is calm and collected. I would like to handle this visit differently then the rest. In the past I got very angry and or didnt attend any studies or avoided my bro in law all together. Please and thank you!

AbbaFather07
    Participant

Back to the Bible studies untouchable. The family sits ans listens to studies in the past when my brother in law comes to visit. He cant wait to crack open a Bible and do a study. They all just sit there. I am the only one questioning or have any knowledge of the Bible. Yet I talked to an Uncle and he said well I dont believe in it….I’m like why doesnt anyone say anything!!! My sis in law doesnt believe in it but doesnt say much. I dont even want to be there I just do it for my husband. I watched some Steve Hassan youtube videos today and I think I have more of a game plan this time around. He is great btw! Im about to buy some of his books. His intervention done by his family was intention and definitely tugged at my heartstrings!

AbbaFather07
    Participant

His intervention was intense…thats what I meant to say

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@Abba Im glad you have a plan. I know it will go well. Please keep me posted.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

And btw…It doesnt strike me as shocking that he sits there and everyone jist listens. People in WMS LOOVVVEEE to hear themselves talk. My old Overseer would ramble on and on about nothing for hours.

AbbaFather07
    Participant

Hey everyone! I dont know where to begin. Ive been meaning to tell u what happened. My brother in law married a Korean girl which is the Niece of a Deaconess in Korea. I guess that means she is big deal. She was very sweet but spoke little to no English. My bro in law would gesture to her to get stuff etc. She was very attentive. She doesnt do studies w him. He kept saying how blessed he was. She slept alot while she was here. My bro in law followed me around asking me to just listen for a second. He was like a little bug in my ear. Fast forward to day after I did Bible study my husband came home late from watching videos all night. He kept talking about how Diane Sims lied. She said no one called her when she left but right after she said that Mother called her. She lied!!! We had a huge fight bc I said I dont care about a video. He started praying to Ahn saying devil get out of his wife. I felt like I was in a nightmare. I was so besides myself that my bro in law was watching videos from ex members then it clicked. He was watching the ones that the WMS edited. If you guys are on youtube as much as me you know the difference. Its so obvious its ridiculous. Anyways rewind back to Bible study. I sat down w him. I asked him why they dont have the Problem w the Veil book. That says there is no Mother God. He basically said that is book is not important that is why it wasnt released to current members. He didnt answer any of my questions. He either answered them w a question or said thats not important or some mumbo jumbo. I wish I would have recorded him bc a lot of what he was saying made no sense but I couldnt argue bc I could barely follow along. He jumped from verse to verse then showing me a map of how Korea is the holy land. I asked him asked him what makes F & M special do they possess any powers etc. He said no they are just normal people. Jesus was just a normal person. He said poor Mother God has picketers outside her house or whatever she lives in and people constantly ridiculing her. Im like that makes her God. Everything he said was such a cop out. I asked about 2012 again. He said that was my mistake not anyone elses. I misunderstood. I quoted Romans 6:9 about death has no power over God. How could God die again? Once again didnt answer me. He kept getting frustrated bc I kept saying just bc Mother God has picketers or people being mean to her doesnt make her God and how did Father suffer….these people were not hung on a cross w nails through their extremities and tortured. Its blasphemy that they are even compared to Jesus in the slightest

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Huh. Is that what down at your house bible study. I see. They do say Korea is the holy land. But the bible does not say that. So you misunderstood 2012? They gave the 2012 teaching but who misunderstood? Is that what they are saying?! Unbelievable!

UntouchableJ
    Participant

Well, Abba..I hope your seeing it clearly. Brainwashing 101. And if you can tell your loved one, “Jesus wasn’t just a regular person.”Jesus displayed the nature of God. Zhang doesn’t…..her leaders aren’t addressed pn their behaviors. The church itself, has shady practices involving money. Jesus wasn’t running a cover up business through the church so that the apostles couls get work Visa’s. So he needs to wake up

Viewing 7 replies - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.