The Mission Field… I'm going in!

• Creator
    Topic
    Joshua
    Participant

For those of you who are the praying type (to Jesus I mean) I am going to be exposing myself to some current members once again. I never try and do this on my own and I am not talking about going into a zion somewhere. There are families that I have been in contact with and current member that I have had conversations with that I am probably going to meet in person over the next couple of weeks. As you know, I have strong feeling about this group and I don't want the words that come out of me to be my words but the words that are needed to get these current members out of the entrapment that they are in. Please pray for me. Thank you.

jw03550
    Participant

done

AbbaFather07
    Participant

Done! I wish you could come talk to my husband!!

UntouchableJ
    Participant

Done. You can share my story.

Joshua
    Participant

For those of you who had my back, thank you! I would like to say that the family member that's involved in the group came out however, that is not the case yet. We did have a couple of outings that involved the individual and witnessing what I did I don't think this group has a very strong hold on this individual. Just one or two mess ups by the WMS and this person is likely to come out on their own. As we all know the WMS has made tons of mess ups in the past and with the doctrine they try and push there is no chance that they won't mess up again. I have said it many times over the last few years, "Nobody stays in a cult forever!" I would like to add that the individual was a really nice person and someone I am more than willing to spend more time around. Most of the current and ex-members of the WMS are like this. They are just being seriously mislead. Thank you once again for your prayers folks.

Joshua
    Participant

Here's an update: This individual has becomed more entrenched in the WMSCOG. Instead of learning the truth he has chosen to accept more spoon feeding from the WMS. Recently I have become re-engaged with this individual and I know that I have given him some things too think about. Just like every other WMS member I have spoken to he has made a bold claim that nothing will take him away from his faith in mother and father. This is so repetitive. My loved one told me the same thing many years ago and as you folks have followed along you know that my loved one has been out for several years. I need you guys praying for this individual hard! I believe that this is one of the key reasons why people come out. Main reasons: 1) The person has people outside of the group that truly love them. 2) There are people praying for them. 3) The WMSCOG doctrine vs. what actually happens conflicts and the individual starts realizing that they've been lied to. Things that keep members in longer: 1) They don't feel like anyone outside of the group cares about them. 2) They feel like they are in the truth and that they're doing the right thing. 3) They are not confronted in love. They feel attacked and the group will have already told them that they would be attacked and it pushes them further into the group. 4) They have talked other people into the group. (Large amounts of guilt are connected with this one. They feel responsible and wont leave until they can get the others out as well.) This gentleman has already told me that I am attacking him. I'm bringing the truth to him which instantly makes me his enemy. ( According to Galations. Check it out for yourself.) Hopefully I will be able to report that this guy has learned the truth and has come out on his own. This is a tall mountain to climb and it's just getting started. Please pray for this guy.

anon7
    Participant

@Joshua you’re trying very hard. Wms thinks antiwms people are the “bad guys” when in fact we’re trying to help them…i used to read this forum thinking the people on here had “fallen away…” … I’m trying to remember the person who came to this site while they were still a member of wms and defended wms-it was a long time ago. Was it @untouchable? I think so. Then he realized wms was fake, whoever it was, and posted it was fake.

Joshua
    Participant

If you go back about four years ago you can read about an interaction between myself and Simon. He was an active member at the time. Over time he has looked back and had a hard time understanding how he ever thought the way he did. He said that at the time everything seemed to make sense but looking back at the interaction between him and I is surprising. This is not unusual for members turned ex-members. Most of them have a hard time focusing on things once they get out and it's as if they have to relearn how to learn. Why this group dumbs down and drones out their members is still hard for me to understand. Many of these people are brilliant in their own rights but over time they seem to become less so.

anon7
    Participant

Aah, i think i remember it was @simon. Ty!!

anon7
    Participant

I remembered you in the conversation a lot @joshua, but i couldn’t remember the stance of the 2 people.

anon7
    Participant

Dumbs down and drones out their members -seriously! At the same time as making them think they’re the greatest Bible scholars of all time lol, the “only ones who know.” It’s a method of control.

anon7
    Participant

The only people i really talk to are you all on here (or the only people who really talk to me outside of work are you all on here). before wms i was the most social person-i was always having lunch with someone etc. honestly i never really felt a part of the churches i went to before wms-i never really made friends with the people my age at churches (it didn’t seem like they wanted to be friends with me). Even when i went on retreats at regular churches, i never felt a part of things-even when we went to the beach etc. I think that made me very susceptible to wms… I really barely made friends with people my own age ever (and when i did it was always guys, not females. I’m female). I found the churches prior wms-i mean…i never felt a part of anything…or really close to anyone my own age there… I get really irritated because people usually just chatter about the world around them, about that day, about others, etc. I find it all very boring. The friends i have had, we talk about very interesting things. I feel most people just wallow around in life-with no…real thought about anything.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.