Internet – "Tree of the knowledge of good and evil"?

• Creator
    Topic
    Moved-Comment
    Participant

This comment was originally posted on The Internet – Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil? by YahShanti, and moved here for further discussion:

I agree that the INTERNET 'metaphorically’ is certainly comparable to the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. In that, at our fingertips we have accessibility to both good and evil information.

God’s command to; “not touch it– ‘the tree of the knowledge of good and evil’ lest you die” was a warning meant to foster obedience not prohibition.

Since he created it; it can be reasonably assumed that eventually it would have been beneficial for our use. However we had to become spiritually ready; Adam and Eve were not, hence the insurgence of sin exploded all over the world. As it was in the beginning so it is today.

Just an added note for thought: Ever wondered what the Microsoft symbol (a bitten apple) represents?

Joshua
    Participant

I'm not sure what you were going for here. Microsoft's symbol is their windows flag. Apple computer has the bitten apple. With your added note for thought it seems that your saying that these companies are evil. Is that what you mean? I don't find anywhere in the Bible where it talks about Adam and Eve becoming spiritually ready or anywhere that it's said that the tree of knowledge will be accessable to us at any time. As far as information goes we as Christians are commanded to be well informed but humble. By labling the internet in such a way people are being mislead and are avoiding some very important and needed information. The information is being controlled and limited by any group that encourages this kind of belief.

KF
    Participant

if the internet is so bad then why does WMS have more than a dozen websites all over it, plus videos on youtube.  What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Simon
    Participant

never even heard it called that the entire time I was there is funny

KF
    Participant

Simon wrote:

never even heard it called that the entire time I was there is funny

but they do, therefore installing fear in the members by reminding them of Adam & Eve and the fall of man, so most members obey.  How about you Simon what sparked your curiosity to come to this site, can you tell us what was running through your mind when you were a member and came here, surely something made you look them up in the internet, or was it by chance you winded up here?

MountainMom
    Participant

My relative who has been in since 2008 was told not to look at the internet because of the tree of knowledge thing.  It was in 2009 he was told that.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Simon, there’s a video about the book ahnsahnghong wrote. It opened with “the internet is the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and we must not eat of it.” After this video was over, the deaconness asked me if I still had questions. I asked her, “are there any good fruits on the TOK?” She said no.. then I asked, “so why is it sometimes ok to go on the internet but sometimes not ok? God didn’t say to adam and eve ‘only eat the good fruit from the TOK’..” she had no response that made sense.

Simon
    Participant

never got to see that video

also got here randomly

Love'n Honey
    Participant

One of the brothers at school said he never got to see it either. I asked him the same thing I asked the deaconess and he told me I should ask my group leader. He didn’t even try.

emil
    Participant

YahShanti wrote:

I agree that the INTERNET 'metaphorically’ is certainly comparable to the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. In that, at our fingertips we have accessibility to both good and evil information.

God’s command to; “not touch it– ‘the tree of the knowledge of good and evil’ lest you die” was a warning meant to foster obedience not prohibition.

Since he created it; it can be reasonably assumed that eventually it would have been beneficial for our use. However we had to become spiritually ready; Adam and Eve were not, hence the insurgence of sin exploded all over the world. As it was in the beginning so it is today.

Just an added note for thought: Ever wondered what the Microsoft symbol (a bitten apple) represents?

Joshua wrote:

I'm not sure what you were going for here. Microsoft's symbol is their windows flag. Apple computer has the bitten apple. 

As Joshua already pointed out, the bitten apple is the logo of Apple computers.

However, I do not know why the apple, bitten or otherwise, has to be associated with evil by the original poster. Where does it say in the bible that the fruit of the tree was an apple?

Simon
    Participant

It doesn’t say that it was a major deal at my zion that we were not to call it an apple doing the study “tree of life and christ [sic] ahn sahnghong”

Participant

There is a time for everything according to the bible.

There was a time when we did not have a supportive community on the internet, and there is a time now where we do.

There was a time when refuting false prophets and making youtube videos did not have a great positive impact, now there is a time when we can all share in abundant wisdom from God the Mother.

Omer
    Participant

144000- Your answer is pretty entertaining…

You sound like a true spin doctor. In general, of course, there is a time for everthing. I say your jig  is up, and people have realized what church of god is all about. Therefore, you pathetic attempts are in motion. How's that sound to you? I am TRULY guessing that you ACTUALLY agree with me on this. 

emil
    Participant

^^ Does this mean that your members are now free to get information from the Internet? If yes, I'm sure we can tell this to our friends/family who are still members by showing your post to them.

Disturbed
    Participant

At the location I attended we were also told the Internet was like the tree of knowledge. I agree with the person who posted that it’s a fear tactic. They don’t want the members stumbling across this site or others with accurate information about the wmscog. I wish I had found this site sooner than I did. Ultimately it was the church’s actions that pushed me to the internet to find out some things for myself. It will be the same for others, especially when they start to question why so many people are leaving.

mcbell94578
    Participant

how many people are leaving because my son is still in it

Participant

" this site or others with accurate information about the wmscog"

When you guys stop disagreeing with each other, contradicting each other's bible interpretations, and basing half of your discussions upon assumptions, and using condradicting witnesses, or unverified sources, then you can start talking about "accurate information"

Your claim is a joke.

Smurf
    Participant

You see, one-four… we are not a church here. We do not have a leader and many of us have different beliefs. So it's understandable if we disagree. One thing we do have in common though, is that every one of us has been scarred by the WMSCOG.

Clearly many people from different cultures and walks of life have all come to the conclusion that the WMSCOG lies and uses its members for financial gains.

Could that be a coincidence?

Smurf
    Participant

You see, one-four… we are not a church here. We do not have a leader and many of us have different beliefs. So it's understandable if we disagree. One thing we do have in common though, is that every one of us has been scarred by the WMSCOG.

Clearly many people from different cultures and walks of life have all come to the conclusion that the WMSCOG lies and uses its members for financial gains.

Could that be a coincidence?

Participant

Many people from many different walks of life also got it wrong about Jesus.

Is that a coincidence?

It is no coincidence at all. The bible clearly testifies about the abundant falsehood in the last days and how it WILL be proclaimed in Zion that God dwells here, that he has appeared to rebuild it, in the midst of all the nations being drunk from the harlot. In the midst of Babylon the great; come out of her my people. In the midst of the whole world being lead astray.

To the contrary, unless you are somebody who has identified the true Zion, and identified Babylon, then I apologize for the bluntness, but you are no true prophet.

It would be better for you if you proclaimed that your own Zions were the true church, and that all the others were false. Instead you put up with each other, where, if you truley believed what you believed, then you would believe that they are the product of the evil one just as much as we are. The bible was right to say "for you put up with it easily enough" and rebuked the different gospels, which are relaly no gospels at all.

But you do not believe that, or if you do then your actions aren't proving it.

And if you are about to reply that it isn't technically a "different gospel" and that you all "believe in Jesus" let me save you so time, to do so is to deny the word of God almighty, who promised the abundance of different gospels and misinterpretations of Christ. We see its fulfillment in hundreds of different denominations. You don't even believe in the same Jesus. A couple of you are Jewish, and another doesn't even believe that Jesus = God.

Can the people of this forum actually reveal the truth, are they the true church which can expose the darkness? Or are they just in the darkness themselves?

Participant

Many people from many different walks of life also got it wrong about Jesus.

Is that a coincidence?

It is no coincidence at all. The bible clearly testifies about the abundant falsehood in the last days and how it WILL be proclaimed in Zion that God dwells here, that he has appeared to rebuild it, in the midst of all the nations being drunk from the harlot. In the midst of Babylon the great; come out of her my people. In the midst of the whole world being lead astray.

To the contrary, unless you are somebody who has identified the true Zion, and identified Babylon, then I apologize for the bluntness, but you are no true prophet.

It would be better for you if you proclaimed that your own Zions were the true church, and that all the others were false. Instead you put up with each other, where, if you truley believed what you believed, then you would believe that they are the product of the evil one just as much as we are. The bible was right to say "for you put up with it easily enough" and rebuked the different gospels, which are relaly no gospels at all.

But you do not believe that, or if you do then your actions aren't proving it.

And if you are about to reply that it isn't technically a "different gospel" and that you all "believe in Jesus" let me save you so time, to do so is to deny the word of God almighty, who promised the abundance of different gospels and misinterpretations of Christ. We see its fulfillment in hundreds of different denominations. You don't even believe in the same Jesus. A couple of you are Jewish, and another doesn't even believe that Jesus = God.

Can the people of this forum actually reveal the truth, are they the true church which can expose the darkness? Or are they just in the darkness themselves?

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.