Theology Presentation? World Mission Society Church of God Recruiting on College Campuses

Jubilee
    Participant

Emily wrote:

I read this article today and I was bothered by the report that the wms is going door to door in the UK asking college students to listen to a "theology presentation" when they are really there to try and recruit them into the church.  This seems deceptive to me.

http://mancunion.com/2013/03/18/shower-baptisms-armageddon-and-the-second-coming-of-christ-the-korean-church-recruiting-students-in-manchester/

Why aren't they just honest and up front with people?

Deception is permitted, remember, Hebrews 5:11-14.   They have the right to by using God's words to justify.    Everyone is a child on milk.

only the select few are permitted to eat meat/truth.

We used to hear the pastor say "mother wants to share so much with you but can't because you will not understand.

genny
    Participant

Simon wrote:

It's really awful considering one of their favourite verses is…

1 Kings 12:31 Jeroboam built shrines on high places and appointed priests from all sorts of people, even though they were not Levites. 32 He instituted a festival on the fifteenth day of the EIGHTH month, like the festival held in Judah, and offered sacrifices on the altar. This he did in Bethel, sacrificing to the calves he had made. And at Bethel he also installed priests at the high places he had made. 33 On the fifteenth day of the EIGHTH month, a month of his own choosing, he offered sacrifices on the altar he had built at Bethel. So he instituted the festival for the Israelites and went up to the altar to make offerings.

Good observation, Simon!  Yes, still waiting to hear an answer.

Viewing 2 replies - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.