Home Forums General The comments honestly sound like

This topic contains 74 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Love'n Honey 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 75 total)
  • Author

Love'n Honey

So, sometimes we trace through blood & sometimes we don't. Who makes that call?

genny
    Participant

renita.payno wrote:

In order for Jesus to be a priest, He had to be a Levite, right?

A regular priest, yes.  But he was not.  He was from Judah, as both Matt. 1 and Luke 3 show.

That is how he satisfied being a priest in the order of Melchizedek, who was not a Levite either.

Love'n Honey

In order for Jesus to be a priest, He had to be a Levite, right?

Simon
    Participant

Hebrews 7:11-14 If perfection could have been attained through the Levitical priesthood (for on the basis of it the law was given to the people), why was there still need for another priest to come —one in the order of Melchizedek, not in the order of Aaron? For when there is a change of the priesthood, there must also be a change of the law. He of whom these things are said belonged to a different tribe, and no one from that tribe has ever served at the altar. For it is clear that our Lord descended from Judah, and in regard to that tribe Moses said nothing about priests. And what we have said is even more clear if another priest like Melchizedek appears, one who has become a priest not on the basis of a regulation as to his ancestry but on the basis of the power of an indestructible life. For it is declared:

“You are a priest forever,

in the order of Melchizedek.”

Simon
    Participant

No Mary was a descendent (at least through her Father, of David who was of Judah)

Love'n Honey

So, Mary was a Levite making Jesus not a descendant of the tribe of Judah?

Simon
    Participant

Looks like solid reasoning to me 🙂

Simon
    Participant

I'll check those out thanks 🙂

genny
    Participant

shimon wrote:

Just a question how do we know Luke 3 is Mary and Matthew 1 is Joseph and not the other way around?

It has to do with wording and outside sources.  Here are two commentaries that talk about it:

http://studylight.org/com/bcc/view.cgi?book=lu&chapter=3&verse=23#Lu3_23

http://studylight.org/com/acc/view.cgi?book=lu&chapter=3&verse=23#Lu3_23

Simon
    Participant

Just a question how do we know Luke 3 is Mary and Matthew 1 is Joseph and not the other way around?

genny
    Participant

The geneaology of Mary is in Luke 3.  The geneaology of Joseph is in Matthew 1.

Simon
    Participant

loocpoc wrote:

I would like to correct myself in regards to jesus and the sacrifice of doves.  I read Luke wrong..

As far as Christian sacrifices, I believe there are churchs which still sacrifice in the name of Jesus.

I have seen footage of it but it was insane because he was sacrificing a pig….

loocpoc wrote:

shimon wrote:

He is from David through Mary

Mary was a levite. Joseph was a Judite.

No support for such a claim

Simon
    Participant

Noone accused you of lying Renita

Love'n Honey

Here are the options.. I misunderstood. I have no reason to lie. Missionary lied. Or she misunderstood what she was taught.

Simon
    Participant

Or a specific member lied or misunderstood

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 75 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.