The comments honestly sound like

• Creator
    Topic
    Moved-Comment
    Participant

This article was originally posted on WMSCOG vs Ji Won Tak – Court Case  and has been moved here for further discussion:

Renita says:

The comments honestly sound like the people who crucified Jesus saying, "If you are God, then free yourself from our hands." However, Jesus didn’t do anything, yet, many people believe that He is God who even testified Himself to be God. It looks like He lost against humans 2,000 years ago. Who’s to say He won’t lose to humans again? Serious question: Do any of you believe Jesus is God? If so, why didn’t He do anything when He was being crucified?

genny
    Participant

"Why didn't He do anything when He was being crucified?"

Renita, in another comment you said, "The sacrifice Jesus made that took away our sins was His dying on the cross."

That's why.  So that He could atone for our sins.  He didn't 'lose to humans.'  He willingly gave up His life to pay for our sins.

genny
    Participant

"Why didn't He do anything when He was being crucified?"

Renita, in another comment you said, "The sacrifice Jesus made that took away our sins was His dying on the cross."

That's why.  So that He could atone for our sins.  He didn't 'lose to humans.'  He willingly gave up His life to pay for our sins.

Simon
    Participant

Leviticus 4:21 Then he shall take the bull outside the camp and burn it as he burned the first bull. This is the sin offering for the community.

The Sin offering is completed outside of the camp

Simon
    Participant

Leviticus 4:21 Then he shall take the bull outside the camp and burn it as he burned the first bull. This is the sin offering for the community.

The Sin offering is completed outside of the camp

Love'n Honey
    Participant

To the non-believers, it looked like Jesus lost. It's the same with Ahnsahnghong. To those who don't believe He had completely control of the case, it looks like He lost. But to those who believe in Ahnsahnghong, He willingly let the other party win. For what reason? I have no idea.. But, I'm just arguing from a nuetral standpoint. I know, with my own thoughts, if I were God, I would probably make things happen in a way that could not be questioned who God truly is. But then again, God's thoughts are above my own. His actions, far greater.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

To the non-believers, it looked like Jesus lost. It's the same with Ahnsahnghong. To those who don't believe He had completely control of the case, it looks like He lost. But to those who believe in Ahnsahnghong, He willingly let the other party win. For what reason? I have no idea.. But, I'm just arguing from a nuetral standpoint. I know, with my own thoughts, if I were God, I would probably make things happen in a way that could not be questioned who God truly is. But then again, God's thoughts are above my own. His actions, far greater.

Emily
    Participant

renita.payno wrote:

How is your standpoint neutral?  Can you explain?  Are you not a member/believer in Ahn?

Emily
    Participant

renita.payno wrote:

How is your standpoint neutral?  Can you explain?  Are you not a member/believer in Ahn?

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Emily:

My standpoint is nuetral because I'm not saying yay or nay to either subject. Some people believe in God for this reason. But others don't for this reason. It's nuetral because I haven't said "God exist." Neither have I said, "God doesn't exist." Am I a member? Yes. I was baptized 1st Passover in 2010. Am I a believer in Ahnsahnghong? As condemned as I feel to admit this, not completely. Anyone can say, "This person said.." or "This person did.." I love the teachings of the COG. Being gracious with words & actions; dressing modestly; standing firm in what you believe no matter what someone else says. All of these are things I was taught growing up & to be a part of a community that actually strives to be joyful always makes me happy. I believe strongly in the Scripture it says we are to keep the Sabbath & the Feasts in 3 times, the veil, the New Name of Christ. I have seen no fault or confusion in what I have been taught. But why don't I fully believe Ahnsahnghong is God? Because I haven't seen His birth or death certificate. Why do I still go to Zion? Because no other church has been able to explain why they believe in Jesus other than "Because He's God manifested in the flesh!" That proves nothing! & is quite frustrating. If I, someone who has only been a member for 2 years, can prove why I believe Jesus is God, why can't other people who are Pastors, Evangelists, and Deacons do the same?? That's what I call blind faith.

No, I haven't seen Jesus birth or death certificate but every Scripture, every historian I have spoken to has shown me why I should believe the Holy Bible verses anything else.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Emily:

My standpoint is nuetral because I'm not saying yay or nay to either subject. Some people believe in God for this reason. But others don't for this reason. It's nuetral because I haven't said "God exist." Neither have I said, "God doesn't exist." Am I a member? Yes. I was baptized 1st Passover in 2010. Am I a believer in Ahnsahnghong? As condemned as I feel to admit this, not completely. Anyone can say, "This person said.." or "This person did.." I love the teachings of the COG. Being gracious with words & actions; dressing modestly; standing firm in what you believe no matter what someone else says. All of these are things I was taught growing up & to be a part of a community that actually strives to be joyful always makes me happy. I believe strongly in the Scripture it says we are to keep the Sabbath & the Feasts in 3 times, the veil, the New Name of Christ. I have seen no fault or confusion in what I have been taught. But why don't I fully believe Ahnsahnghong is God? Because I haven't seen His birth or death certificate. Why do I still go to Zion? Because no other church has been able to explain why they believe in Jesus other than "Because He's God manifested in the flesh!" That proves nothing! & is quite frustrating. If I, someone who has only been a member for 2 years, can prove why I believe Jesus is God, why can't other people who are Pastors, Evangelists, and Deacons do the same?? That's what I call blind faith.

No, I haven't seen Jesus birth or death certificate but every Scripture, every historian I have spoken to has shown me why I should believe the Holy Bible verses anything else.

Simon
    Participant

renita.payno wrote:

But why don't I fully believe Ahnsahnghong is God? Because I haven't seen His birth or death certificate.

Please don't take this question as an attack or judgement, but why would a birth or death certificate make a difference?

I also question if the first one would exist seeing as the state of Korea in 1918

Simon
    Participant

renita.payno wrote:

But why don't I fully believe Ahnsahnghong is God? Because I haven't seen His birth or death certificate.

Please don't take this question as an attack or judgement, but why would a birth or death certificate make a difference?

I also question if the first one would exist seeing as the state of Korea in 1918

Love'n Honey
    Participant

shimon:

It would be hard proof that Ahnsahnghong really did fulfill the prophecy of King David. Because if He is off by even 1 day, He cannot be the prophetical K. David.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

shimon:

It would be hard proof that Ahnsahnghong really did fulfill the prophecy of King David. Because if He is off by even 1 day, He cannot be the prophetical K. David.

Simon
    Participant

Well we cannot know if he is off by 1 day because we don't know the exact number of days of David's reign or Jesus's ministry.

Simon
    Participant

Well we cannot know if he is off by 1 day because we don't know the exact number of days of David's reign or Jesus's ministry.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Actually that is not true. A year is from 1 date to the same date the following year. For example, I was born 14Nov1989. I am 22 years & some change. I won't be 23 until 14Nov2012. If I die 13Nov2012, can we truthfully say I died at the age of 23? No. Why? Because I died a day early of my 23rd birthday. It is the same with the prophecy of K. David. If Ahnsahnghong died even a day before his 67th birthday, that means He died a day early of fulfilling the prophecy of having preached 37 years. Based off technicality*, He died having preached 36 years. All of this is hypothetically speaking.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Actually that is not true. A year is from 1 date to the same date the following year. For example, I was born 14Nov1989. I am 22 years & some change. I won't be 23 until 14Nov2012. If I die 13Nov2012, can we truthfully say I died at the age of 23? No. Why? Because I died a day early of my 23rd birthday. It is the same with the prophecy of K. David. If Ahnsahnghong died even a day before his 67th birthday, that means He died a day early of fulfilling the prophecy of having preached 37 years. Based off technicality*, He died having preached 36 years. All of this is hypothetically speaking.

Simon
    Participant

Actually the thing is David was made king at 30 and Reigned forty years can be made king on his 30th birthday and reignd until his seventieth birthday could mean 30 and a half 30 and 1/4 or so on.

Furthermore It is unlikely that the forty years was precise, it doesn't need to be exact the way Israel counts.

Further we do not know when Jesus was baptised was it his 30th birthday or was he 30 but it wasn't his birthday? Was his ministry 3 years or possibly just over? We know it cannot be under because 3 Passovers occur and it cannot be 4 years because only 3 occur.

Simon
    Participant

Actually the thing is David was made king at 30 and Reigned forty years can be made king on his 30th birthday and reignd until his seventieth birthday could mean 30 and a half 30 and 1/4 or so on.

Furthermore It is unlikely that the forty years was precise, it doesn't need to be exact the way Israel counts.

Further we do not know when Jesus was baptised was it his 30th birthday or was he 30 but it wasn't his birthday? Was his ministry 3 years or possibly just over? We know it cannot be under because 3 Passovers occur and it cannot be 4 years because only 3 occur.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 145 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.