"is it not a little presumptuous"

• Creator
    Topic
    Moved-Comment
    Participant

This comment was originally posted on "The WMSCOG's Failed Predictions of 1988, 1999, and 2012.  What Will They Predict Next?" on 11/28/12 in reply to Jeff.

Really?? says:

What truth ??? I guess anyone can write anything on the internet about anybody and everyone believes.

1)  Does everyone know that this website is being paid to slander the WMSCOG?  

sound like they like money ๐Ÿ™‚

2)  Guess who paying this website ? I hope is not another church ? oh my no    way!!! , I thought they would do this because they love God

3)  And really please think about Jesus clearly talk about the end many times ?

And even Paul talked about the end ? the whole bible talks about it ?

4)  is it not a little presumptuous to use a Facebook snap shot that says 2012  and write a  whole page about it ?LOL

But really God told us that he can come anything time ,2000000,3000000 and now. It is in Matthew 24 if your wondering. Did he not say "be ready" ? Why are you going against the teaching of Christ ?  If The WMScog says "we should be ready " this site says" look their talking about the End" lol

Titus 1:15 – "To the pure, all thing a pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe , nothing is pure . They  claim to know God ,but by their actions they deny him " 

Watch this site say anyone can use that verse? ๐Ÿ™‚ But anyway Christ said "be ready" so it can never be wrong to say that ๐Ÿ™‚

fromtheotherside
    Participant

o lolz thanks joshua that was my mistake .   

Simon
    Participant

fromtheotherside wrote:

So what Isaac said sarah is his sister, God is the Judge and if it justified in God's eyes it's nothing, maybe to you guys its  something to pick at, but in God's eyes its probably justified, I won't say yes cuz I'm not God and I don't pretend to know every thought of God, but Isaac was in a life or death situation, so he said sarah is his sister, hey spiritual we are brothers and sisters so what, did he do it to hurt someone, no, did he do it to any arguably immoral intent, no, did God get upset with him, I can't see that in the bible, actually he was blessed with so much more, so we can probably say God saw it as just. So if God has no problem with it we shouldn't be picking at it either.

You are strawmanning here, no one is judging the morals only stating the action

fromtheotherside
    Participant

yea and it's justified by god so there is nothing wrong with it.

Simon
    Participant

and who said there was?

fromtheotherside
    Participant

so it's not a legit argument to bring up with isaac

fromtheotherside
    Participant

Elievalkyrie wrote:

[removed for rules]. Sorry but that is all I could say to that. Can I repeat that? [removed for rules]

Sorry Elie this isn't a dating site [removed for rules]   I didn't say you did TWICE? ^^

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

fromtheotherside wrote:

Elievalkyrie wrote:

[removed for rules]. Sorry but that is all I could say to that. Can I repeat that? [removed for rules]

Sorry Elie this isn't a dating site [removed for rules]   I didn't say you did TWICE? ^^

Sorry, FTOS I am not familiar with that kind of site, you a member of that? lol.

admin
    Keymaster

Debate can become heated, but we are trying to learn here.  Please keep the rules in mind:

https://www.examiningthewmscog.com/forum/topic.php?id=2

fromtheotherside
    Participant

Elievalkyrie wrote:

fromtheotherside wrote:

Elievalkyrie wrote:

Sorry, FTOS I am not familiar with that kind of site, you a member of that? lol.

What's wrong with dating sites? Even Christians go on dating sites, they have their own sites, millions of very good people are on there.  Oh, so now you're attacking people who use dating sites?  Elie, that's a prejudice, and judgmental comment, I hope nothing racist comes next, which is the opposite of someone who believes in Jesus.  This is not an argument but fact because your comments strewn all over this website prove it. Please change your ways Elie and try to have a broad and beautiful mind to accept not to hate.

Emily
    Participant

@fromtheotherside

why did you bring up dating sites?  what does that have to do with this thread in the forum?  did I miss something?

genny
    Participant

dating sites… that's getting pretty far off topic.

I'm going back to those four points.  Here they are again:

1.  Regarding the teaching of the Catholic Church being the Antichrist: the Ostrogoths were not destroyed in 538, the '10 kingdoms' from the Roman empire were not as the WMSCOG presents, 5 were destroyed not 3, and the destruction or survival of these 'kingdoms' did not depend on their following the Catholic Church.  These are historical, textbook facts.

2.  Regarding the feasts that are to be kept in the 7th month: Several years the WMSCOG kept them in the 8th month.  This is a fact established by the calendar and the record of feast dates.

3.  Regarding the teaching that Isaac was God.  Isaac lies in Genesis 26.  God does not lie (Titus 1:2).

4. Regarding the President's Call to Service Awards that the WMSCOG displays: The award level shown for "World Mission Society Church of God" is not available for groups, only individuals.  And the awards shown for "Kim Joo-cheol" and "Zahng Gil-jah" are only available to United States citizens.

So, fromtheotherside, we have discussed point 3, and I think I understand what you are trying to say (not saying I agree with it though).  Please tell me if I have it right this time:

Reply to #3 — The WMSCOG does teach that Isaac was God, and they don't see any problem with God lying.

We've each expressed our view.  If I have summarized your position correctly here, then we can let readers come to their own conclusions.

Would you like to try one of the other points?

On another note, I'd like to get to know you better as a person.  You probably know my story already (if you've been to my blog, or have been following this forum for a while), but what's your story?  How long have you been part of the WMSCOG?  How did you find it and what drew you to it?  How quickly did you decide to join?  Was it pretty quickly or a long process of deciding?  Were you a person of faith before hand?  What faith?  Did you grow up with that faith? … That kind of thing.  I'd like to hear whatever you would like to share about all that.

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

What's wrong with dating sites? Even Christians go on dating sites, they have their own sites, millions of very good people are on there.  Oh, so now you're attacking people who use dating sites?  Elie, that's a prejudice, and judgmental comment, I hope nothing racist comes next, which is the opposite of someone who believes in Jesus.  This is not an argument but fact because your comments strewn all over this website prove it. Please change your ways Elie and try to have a broad and beautiful mind to accept not to hate.

Let's get this cleared up first. What exactly in this statement of mine made you think that I was prejudiced? Was it the "LOL"? Was it because I stated I am not familiar with dating site? THAT is a fact because I have never been a member of any dating sites. That is not prejudice and I did not even judge anyone. Let me give you an example of a judgemental comment "You're a freak for going to dating sites!" "I'm totally gross out! You go to dating sites???" These statements are very different from: "Sorry, FTOS I am not familiar with that kind of site, you a member of that? lol." I am not going to ask other forum member's opinion on this since you might think we are ganging up on you.

You assume you are being attack personally. You are already having the mindset that everything we say is a personal attack against you that is why you instantly think IT IS. I could say you started it first but to avoid further arguments, I will apologize for the things I said that may have offended you.

fromtheotherside
    Participant

Elie Calm down I don't take anything personal, your quips are actually quite amuseing, and trust me being from LA ive been "ganged up" on by tougher guys and had more instake then my pride to be offended or hurt by you guys. They're just words, trust me I've had worse whiz by me. 

So anyways enough with the fun we sound like a couple of kids on a play ground. ^^ (lighten up!) 

Actually no I don't know anything about you Genny, you mind getting the ball rolling on introductions first? that would be appreciated!

I've been working on alot of other questions so I will get to your point soon.

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

I never remembered being angered in the first place so don't worry, I am calm. You never ruffled any of my feathers, so to speak. But thank you for the expressed concern, I appreciate it.

fromtheotherside
    Participant

Your welcome!

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

Oh and you might want to look at the video about another one of your members making statements against the wmscog. His name is Ron Ramos, here's the link: https://www.examiningthewmscog.com/forum/topic.php?id=4612. We would like to hear your own statement regarding to what he said, just to know if there are some things he said that you find false.

MountainMom
    Participant

Elie, thanks for your comments here.  I hope fromtheotherside does comment on Ron Ramos's video.  I know what Ron says is true from what my experience with them has been. 

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

Who knows, FTOS might know Ron since they said he was the one of those that established the wmscog church in L.A. and FTOS just informed us that he's also from L.A. This Ron guy said they really do preach the end of the world to happen in 2012 but stopped at about year 2007. 

FTOS, hope you don't mind if I ask what year you joined in wmscog?

genny
    Participant

@fromtheotherside
    , the best way I can introduce myself is to refer you to these two pages on my blog:

http://encountering-ahnsahnghong.blogspot.com/p/about-me.html

http://encountering-ahnsahnghong.blogspot.com/2010/03/how-i-came-to-start-this-blog.html

If you'd like to know more, just ask. ๐Ÿ™‚

genny
    Participant

Elievalkyrie wrote:

Who knows, FTOS might know Ron since they said he was the one of those that established the wmscog church in L.A. and FTOS just informed us that he's also from L.A.

I must have missed that, Elie.  Where did fromtheotherside tell us he's also from LA?

Viewing 20 replies - 81 through 100 (of 109 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.