"i believe she is our mother"

• Creator
    Topic
    Moved-Comment
    Participant

This comment was originally posted on Zahng Gil Jah's Ex-Husband's Side Of The Story? on 01/23/13:

keshab Dhungel Ithari church, Nepal says:

i believe she is our mother. without dought i am saying she is our heavenly mother.if we want to get salvation then really we should have to believe god the mother.

Simon
    Participant

when it comes to doctrine it shouldn’t be based on pagan doctrine.

Simon
    Participant

when it comes to doctrine it shouldn’t be based on pagan doctrine.

Simon
    Participant

could be that everyone I know who boasts of their hermeneutics doesn’t really know what it is

Simon
    Participant

could be that everyone I know who boasts of their hermeneutics doesn’t really know what it is

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

I said it was used even during ancient Greece but it is not LIMITED to pagan doctrine. It was developed over time. Or are you saying interpreting a bible is pagan???? Anyway, I would just like to ask WHAT is your purpose for this discussion? Are you trying to argue that you want to interpret the bible with no rules? Do you want to create your own rules? What? What's your purpose these statements of yours because honestly, you are not helping with my and fromtheotherside's discussion here. 

Hermeneutics is considered as a branch of science. If you want to dispute the use of it, then here, http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/hermeneutics/#Beginnings, try debating with philosophers because I do not like focusing overmuch on one topic not related to what I am focusing on.

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

I said it was used even during ancient Greece but it is not LIMITED to pagan doctrine. It was developed over time. Or are you saying interpreting a bible is pagan???? Anyway, I would just like to ask WHAT is your purpose for this discussion? Are you trying to argue that you want to interpret the bible with no rules? Do you want to create your own rules? What? What's your purpose these statements of yours because honestly, you are not helping with my and fromtheotherside's discussion here. 

Hermeneutics is considered as a branch of science. If you want to dispute the use of it, then here, http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/hermeneutics/#Beginnings, try debating with philosophers because I do not like focusing overmuch on one topic not related to what I am focusing on.

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

Simon wrote:

could be that everyone I know who boasts of their hermeneutics doesn't really know what it is

Maybe you and I are talking of a different "hermeneutics". But first, fromtheotherside and I are doing our own bit of "bible interpretation" (hermeneutics) here, so if you want to join, you are welcome. I believe the topic was:

fromtheotherside wrote:

Clearly stated fulfilled the throne of David, Hos 3:5

Restored the Passover  Isa 55:3

Has given eternal life! Isa 25:6

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

Simon wrote:

could be that everyone I know who boasts of their hermeneutics doesn't really know what it is

Maybe you and I are talking of a different "hermeneutics". But first, fromtheotherside and I are doing our own bit of "bible interpretation" (hermeneutics) here, so if you want to join, you are welcome. I believe the topic was:

fromtheotherside wrote:

Clearly stated fulfilled the throne of David, Hos 3:5

Restored the Passover  Isa 55:3

Has given eternal life! Isa 25:6

Simon
    Participant

looks like you are arguing methodology of which there is little consensus

Simon
    Participant

looks like you are arguing methodology of which there is little consensus

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

Then can you suggest, in your own opinion, a more "valid" methodology that we can use in doing biblical interpretation?

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

Then can you suggest, in your own opinion, a more "valid" methodology that we can use in doing biblical interpretation?

Simon
    Participant

it would depend on the book several authors and genres

Simon
    Participant

it would depend on the book several authors and genres

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

Which ones, I'd like a more specific answer.

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

Which ones, I'd like a more specific answer.

Simon
    Participant

6 On this mountain the Lord Almighty will prepare

a feast of rich food for all peoples,

a banquet of aged wine—

the best of meats and the finest of wines.

7 On this mountain he will destroy

the shroud that enfolds all peoples,

the sheet that covers all nations;

8 he will swallow up death forever.

The Sovereign Lord will wipe away the tears

from all faces;

he will remove the disgrace of his people

from all the earth.

The Lord has spoken.

Simon
    Participant

Never said it said anything about a mother or passover etc. Said it spoke about eternal life.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Fromtheotherside, either you know your church is false or you are being deceived. There are so many belief system out there but this one, wmscog, is the most destructive and manipulating one. The fact that you have said some of the things you have mentioned here proves even more that “your god” cannot be the God of the universe. That woman is not God, sorry to say. My experiences with wmscog proved she isn’t and most of the teaching is not only flawed but a clear and crafty production. It’s just another money making business- a well made up one too.

fromtheotherside
    Participant

As for Elies posts about interpreting the bible, I wouldn't matter what philosophers or bible scientists came up with that, because truthly I don't know about that, but if it came from protestants, or even catholics it's B.S!  Protestants are bashed by the catholics because they keep catholic teachings, when they the protestants pushed for reformation but ended up only calling themselves a different name, and having no pope.  Even the Catholics proclaim they made up most of those teachings using the "authority" of the pope.  So if it comes for protestants it's B.S!  And if it came from the Catholics its even more B.S!  But let's not get into that right now, then should we interperate on our own? Of course not, it should be only GOD's interpretation and only GOD HIMSELF can explain it.  And for Sarah, people bring about their own misfortune, you think everyone was happy and willing even in the time of the apostles? People have their own thoughts and sometimes they don't match the will of God.  Why Ananias and Sapphira keep back a portion to themselves, I don't know exactly why because it doesn't state the exact reason, and don't make up b.s trying to act like you guys don't either, but i'm guessing they just didn't want to give it all because they felt it was their's.  The point is just because there are a few people like you who were hurt by a member doesn't mean Father and Mother did it to you. Each church makes food their own way, if they set it up where the members pay for it thats their doing.  If you guys think the catholics are true believers then you should persecute them too because their God let the priest rape boys, go to them and cry to them, because of that their God is FAKE, if their GOd was real how would he let that happen why would they do that, Oh they don't have any families that are destroyed because of their actions? It's the same with protestants too, you want to bring that up with their God because of pastors who asked for money and then ran away with it, their are hundereds of those type of incidents then I guess YOUR god is FAKE! HE let that happen, their are many families that got hurt because of that OH it must be YOUR GODS FAULT!

Viewing 20 replies - 41 through 60 (of 143 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.