Home Forums General Evidence regarding the feast dates

This topic contains 79 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  charcoa1 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 80 total)
  • Author

genny
    Participant

Never mind if they got the Passover day wrong or not.  Even going by the day they picked, they counted wrong to the 7th month feasts.  Here's the link to the details again, for anyone who needs it:

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1MsoweMAuX9TFiNpzg6Oi2d1CERWFyrqwHp183-H_G9U

Is that right? I hadn’t even noticed. I just followed the group like an innocent sheep. And how many times have they kept the passover on the wrong day, the 15th day of nisan? One or twice that I noticed.

genny
    Participant

It happened in 2005, 2008, 2010, and 2013.

So the WMS pushed back the last feasts to the eighth month in 2013? Is that right? I’ll have to look at that again and check my old feast schedule.

genny
    Participant

Bumping up this post because I have a calendar related question…

I'm looking for a wmscog calendar for this year for the feast dates.  Anyone have access and can share?  You can PM me if you don't want to share publically.

Thanks!

genny wrote:

Time wrote:

It has to do with the Lunar leap year.

http://avoiceinthewilderness.org/saccal/passlate.html

Genny you are very interested read the article above, but I don't think it makes a difference for you since you don't keep te feasts anyways. :0)

The leap month was added at the end of the calendar.  When there is a leap year, the leap month is the 12th month.  The 12th month is named Adar.  When there is a leap year, you have Adar I and Adar II.  Adar I is the leap month, and Adar II is the regular month in which Purim is celebrated.  It shifts the 1st month, the beginning of the year, to start a month later, but the 7th month is still the seventh month counting from the first month.

You do not add the leap month as a double fourth month (like the Asian Lunar Calendar) or with the second month (like the leap day of Feb. 29 in western calendars).  It must be added after the 7th month or the 7th month becomes the 8th month, and God said the feasts were to be in the 7th month.  He didn't say that they should be "in the 7th month unless it's a leap year then they are to be held in the 8th month."  Leap years are common enough that He would have said so if that were the case.

So the leap year idea fails to explain this problem.

I appreciate your attempt, Time, but please try again.  This problem is still unresolved.

Again I notice this starnge effect……. Whenever a debate cannot be won by the wmscog, we hear only crickets from them?? "When light shines into darkness, the darkness will vanish"!!!!

Simon
    Participant

I wonder if they will do the same mistake this year

Love'n Honey

There is no light left in him.

MountainMom
    Participant

He won't answer.  He is too concerned about the tithing thread.  Priorities, you know. 

fedupmom
    Participant

fedupmom
    Participant

144000- glad to see you back….

I wondered if you could comment on Genny’s findings (2 comments up).

I have yet to hear a valid explanation for this error and hoping you could shed some light on this perhaps?

Thanks!

Simon
    Participant

Le sigh…. And they say sunday keepers can’t count to seven correctly

genny
    Participant

The wmscog posted their articles about this year's fall feasts, with dates, and now it's 'official.'  They kept the fall feasts in the 8th month again (2013), only in their article they still called it the 7th month (not so according to new moons though).

Here's my write-up about it:

http://encountering-ahnsahnghong.blogspot.com/2013/12/8th-month-error-again-at-wmscog.html

and the full chart again for anyone who needs it:

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1MsoweMAuX9TFiNpzg6Oi2d1CERWFyrqwHp183-H_G9U

Love'n Honey

I found my feast calendar. I posted the contents in another thread. I think it's in the thread about the Day of Atonement.

ill upload a feast calender if u guys want it

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 80 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.