Evidence regarding the feast dates

• Creator
    Topic
    genny
    Participant

In another thread, fromtheotherside, speaking of the materials presented againt the wmscog, said "none of your evidences speak for itself.  if you have such evidence present it without your explanation."

I presented several 'evidences without explanation' there, but I think it would be a good idea to take each one separately into its own thread.  Here's the second one:

Regarding the feasts that are to be kept in the 7th month: Several years the WMSCOG kept them in the 8th month.  This is a fact established by the calendar and the record of feast dates.

I originally did not link to my research about it, because fromtheotherside did not want explanation, but if you'd like to see the research, I've collected it here:

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1MsoweMAuX9TFiNpzg6Oi2d1CERWFyrqwHp183-H_G9U

There was no discussion about this point on the previous thread, but it's definitely open for discussion here.

WMS brother
    Participant

Genny,

The problem is as follows:

"Passover 2013 begins in the evening of  Monday, March 25"

versus

"Passover in 2013 will start on Tuesday, the 26th of March"

So is the "14th day at twilight" the evening of the 25th, or the evening of the 26th?

There are a few websites that follow, and Jewish denominations whom disgree, on the intracacies of the day. Also a problem is the 24 hour "day" as we believe it, as opposed to the "12" hour day as God believes it.

The Holy Calendar has been lost from mankind for a while. Since then there have only been estimations, and if you disagree about the exact dates, then there is no way to keep the Passover in confidence.

In fact, arguing ABOUT the true date of Passover was the -original- reason why Constantine held the Council to change it. Because people were confused about when it was and that broke out into religious fights (some literally were fights).

Up until the last days, it is prophesied that the truth has been destroyed. True to this, few to no people in the world have any idea how to calculate the Holy Calendar correctly. This alone proves few to no people have ever been keeping the Feasts on the correct days.

Now, we have been given the Holy Calendar again, and at the beginning of every year, it is carefully calculated with help from Mother. As it was prophesied the truth would return, it has.

Simon
    Participant

except that doesn’t address why the last three feasts were kept in the eighth month from the month of Passover

genny
    Participant

WMS brother, I don't think you read all the information.  It's not about the date of Passover, but the dates of the 7th months feasts.  Some years they were kept in the 8th month, counting from when the wmscog celebrated Passover.  It has nothing to do with arguing the dates of Passover but everything to do with the wmscog following the Bible's direction of keeping the 7th month feasts in the 7th month and not the 8th.

genny
    Participant

Still no response about this. Anyone?

Time
    Participant

It has to do with the Lunar leap year.

http://avoiceinthewilderness.org/saccal/passlate.html

Genny you are very interested read the article above, but I don’t think it makes a difference for you since you don’t keep te feasts anyways. :0)

Time
    Participant

Since is not every year, but only some years. It coincides with the lunar leap year.

Simon
    Participant

the lunar leap year doesn’t answer her question.

the lunar leap year pushes Passover not trumpets atonement and tabernacles

genny
    Participant

Time wrote:

It has to do with the Lunar leap year.

http://avoiceinthewilderness.org/saccal/passlate.html

Genny you are very interested read the article above, but I don't think it makes a difference for you since you don't keep te feasts anyways. :0)

The leap month was added at the end of the calendar.  When there is a leap year, the leap month is the 12th month.  The 12th month is named Adar.  When there is a leap year, you have Adar I and Adar II.  Adar I is the leap month, and Adar II is the regular month in which Purim is celebrated.  It shifts the 1st month, the beginning of the year, to start a month later, but the 7th month is still the seventh month counting from the first month.

You do not add the leap month as a double fourth month (like the Asian Lunar Calendar) or with the second month (like the leap day of Feb. 29 in western calendars).  It must be added after the 7th month or the 7th month becomes the 8th month, and God said the feasts were to be in the 7th month.  He didn't say that they should be "in the 7th month unless it's a leap year then they are to be held in the 8th month."  Leap years are common enough that He would have said so if that were the case.

So the leap year idea fails to explain this problem.

I appreciate your attempt, Time, but please try again.  This problem is still unresolved.

Simon
    Participant

it’s also worth noting the leap year system used today is Pharisee in origin if leap years did move things wmscog would need to admit breaking scripture for tradition

genny
    Participant

Exactly, Simon.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

where's that verse about man made traditions? something about hipocrits, i believe.

genny
    Participant

It occurred to me today that the wmscog is caught in this situation.  There are two things that could happen.

#1–They realize they made a mistake and become vigilant to never let it happen again, which means we will not see 7th month feasts mistakenly held in the 8th month again.  If this happens, we'll never catch them in this mistake again, but they still have to answer for why it happened in the first place and it would be a clear indication that these years were indeed mistakes with no proper reason.

#2–They will come up with a reason (like the leap year, which doesn't work anyway) to justify the calendar issue, but if so, they will have to repeat this regularly in years to come (because leap years come regularly, or whatever reason they use).  In this case, they will have to repeat the mistake to make it look like the previous years were intentional and not mistakes.  However, this also means they have to have a good reason for having the 7th month feasts occasionally in the 8th month.  I'll be waiting to hear it.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

But there aren't supposed to be anymore feasts. Mother said last year was the last PO.

emil
    Participant

renita.payno wrote:

But there aren't supposed to be anymore feasts. Mother said last year was the last PO.

Is that documented somewhere? Did you hear it? Has FTOS heard it? I asked him in another thread. Waiting for his response.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

It wasn't documented but there was a whole sermon on how we can see that the end is near and how this past PO is the last chance Father is giving us. We went preaching for 6 hours straight for weeks up to the PO to get as many people as we can.

genny
    Participant

Still waiting for an answer about this calendar issue…

donttrustzang
    Participant

This isnt much, but i think they keep feasts according to chinese lunar calender, not the jewish sacred calender. Why? idk…

Simon
    Participant

donttrustzang wrote:

This isnt much, but i think they keep feasts according to chinese lunar calender, not the jewish sacred calender. Why? idk…

No they don't use the chinese calendar either

Simon
    Participant

oh and if they did it would still go from moon to moon still leaving the eighth month thing a mystery

genny
    Participant

I really want to hear an explanation from a WMSCOG member on this one.  FTOS, can you answer?

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.