Health benefits are antiquated

Love'n Honey
    Participant

John the Baptist was not the Elijah.

genny
    Participant

renita.payno wrote:

Mark 9:12-13 would indicate that he was.

genny
    Participant

loocpoc wrote:

genny wrote:

renita.payno wrote:

Mark 9:12-13 would indicate that he was.

I wouldnt say so ๐Ÿ™‚

John The Baptist was basically taking an already established tradition and just reworking it.

You disagree with the New Testament, so I'm not surprised. ๐Ÿ™‚

But for someone who believes in the New Testament, then Mark 9:12-13 should tell them that John the Baptist was the Elijah.

Simon
    Participant

Jesus clearly said he was the Elijah who was to come. (of course you do not follow Jesus but speaking from a Christian perspective)

Love'n Honey
    Participant

But Senor Ramon clearly says he's the Elijah so it must be true…. (sarcasm. Idk a Senor Ramon). As I was taught in the COG, for anyone to claim to be any of the prophetical people, that person must fulfills the prophecy. This is the 2nd inconsistency* I have seen in the claimed perfect bible so far. John the Baptist didn't do what the Elijah was supposed to do. Just because Jesus says, "I'm God" that doesn't mean we should believe Him. We have to look into the prophecy. Which leads to the question I had earlier, how do we know which part of a story is prophecy & which part is not?

Mt 17:11, Jesus explained that the Elijah will restore all things. verse 12 He said that the Elijah already came. Which tells me that all things were restored. Verse 13 says John the Baptist was the Elijah but he didn't restore anything because nothing had been lost to begin with. That doesn't make sense.

Viewing 9 replies - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.