Boston

• Creator
    Topic
    Sarah2013
    Participant

The wickedness of man. How can we hurt each other this way. May God be with these families.

emil
    Participant

Know that there were literally thousands in the East and in Korea itself who would have been baptized in 1948. One could claim 2CC for quite a number of people based on that.

KF wrote:

In My Opinion if you take what the WMS taught you and remove  Ahnsanghong & mother and the prayer of our wishes etc., and replace it with the name JESUS & OUR HEAVENLY FATHER the rest is God's truth, you saw it in the bible in black and white.

I would be very cautious about accepting anything taught by the wmscog. They have no credibility. Even the devil can quote scripture as seen in the temptation in the desert.

Liberty
    Participant

KF wrote:

Liberty, you can not let your bad experience with the WMS keep you from believing in the bible & God's word. If you do that then they succeed in misleading not once, but twice!  You can not let satan win.

You fell…… now get up….. dust it off…… and try again.  Fight like a warrior don't give up & search for what your looking for until you are satisfied.  Stand firm in Jesus Christ!

Can you please tell me why do you think 2CC should have come in 1948.  It's not only the WMS who tells the story of the fig tree and Israel.  What scriptures are you speaking of those.    According to Jesus no one would know the hour or day so I don't understand why man always thinks he knows everything.

Jesus said Know "that it is Near"……..but near can be anytime……… he said that 2,000 years ago……just because Israel got it's country back in 1948 does not mean that God was to return that year.  Near can be after many other events that have not happen yet, begin to happen.

In My Opinion if you take what the WMS taught you and remove  Ahnsanghong & mother and the prayer of our wishes etc., and replace it with the name JESUS & OUR HEAVENLY FATHER the rest is God's truth, you saw it in the bible in black and white.

Oh I definitely believe I am a Warrior! A resilient, determined one at that! I'm just going about things a bit differently right now. But I understand what you are saying.

Wmscog wasn't the only bad experience; however, it was the biggest deception.

And I believed in the Lesson of the Fig Tree as the wmscog preached it. I had never been taught that from anyone else, so I don't know any other interpretation to it. But it's true that "near" can mean anything.

Emil makes a good point as well, when he says to be careful about what to believe from the wmscog. But I don't believe that it was all bad. And my goal is to eventually give all the credit and glory back to the true Heavenly Father. I am still in my journey to figure out exactly how to do that. While many like to say, "oh, just be a good person," I don't believe that is actually enough. "Good person," means different things to different people. For instance, someone can think that they are a good person, and I could think that they are a crappy person. It's very subjective. But I'm still on my journey to learn how to please the true God.

Also, thanks for the encouragement everyone. It definitely lifted my spirits 🙂 I still have faith that in the end, God will guide me to the path he wants. I'm just floating right now, and I'm fine with that.

emil
    Participant

Liberty wrote:

And I believed in the Lesson of the Fig Tree as the wmscog preached it. I had never been taught that from anyone else, so I don't know any other interpretation to it. But it's true that "near" can mean anything.

Emil makes a good point as well, when he says to be careful about what to believe from the wmscog. But I don't believe that it was all bad

I don't say it was all bad too. That is why I urge caution.

Now you gave the example of the teaching of the fig tree. I just went over to their website to read what they say. Here is the key part:

Signs of the End of the Age

When the disciples asked about the signs of Jesus’ second coming and of the end of the age, Jesus said:

Matt. 24:3-33 ". . . At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, And all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on The clouds of the sky, with power and great glory. And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other. Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it is near, right at the door."

Since it is written, "As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that it is near," we must come to know the timing of the fig tree and we must receive Jesus when He comes a second time.

I have retained the text above exactly as it is on their website, icluding the verse numbers which should have been Mt 24:3, 30-33. 

Now here's the trick they have played. Read the passage again carefully. Jesus describes the events that will happen at the second coming. He describes what will appear. He tells us all the actual, visible signs. Then he gets to the analogy of the fig tree. He tells us that, just as we understand from the changes happening on the fig tree that summer is imminent, so also the signs he has just described should tell us when the second coming happens. The fig tree is not a sign of the second coming. It is part of his example of understanding the real signs which he has just described.

What has the wmscog done? It has taken the real signs that Jesus described and interpretted them as metaphorical by twisting the meaning of clouds, etc.

Then it has taken the analogy of the fig tree and claimed it as a prophecy. It is no such thing. It is just a lesson for us to understand the significance of the signs Jesus just described. Read it again if you wish. Their scripture twisting wizardry is clear when you see the last paragraph I have quoted above. They deliberately combine the last two verses of the quoted scripture by removing "summer" from the previous verse and substituting it with "it" of the next verse, smartly twisting the entire meaning for their convenience. Once you understand this, the whole teaching falls apart.

I hope all former members of the wmscog can clearly see how wmscog has misused scripture in this teaching of the fig tree. This teaching is essential for them as it helps them to tie Ahn to a so-called prophecy and claim he is god.

KF
    Participant

Yes Emil I agree it is a comparison!  When summer comes the fig tree bares fruit, that's how we know the season has arrived.  (Actually that's how people back then knew the changes of the season)

When we see all the signs Jesus spoke of, that's how we will know he has arrived.  There are still many more things to come, Jesus said Matthew 24:6

You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 

Mark 13:8

Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be earthquakes in various places, and famines. These are the beginning of birth pains. 

In my opinion we are in the stage decribed above, because we hear of earthquakes from all over the world  everyday, and famines also, this is the beginning of birth pains, and this birth pain has been around for many years already, so has the famines, but they are going to get worst,  and it can last many many more years before the end is near, or NOT!

Simon
    Participant

emil wrote:

KF wrote:

I would be very cautious about accepting anything taught by the wmscog. They have no credibility. Even the devil can quote scripture as seen in the temptation in the desert.

I would be very cautious of throwing out the baby with the bath water

KF
    Participant

I know what your both saying, but what I am saying is that not everything that she was taught is 100% inaccurate.    First and foremost it is quoted from the bible.  Those are the words of God, BUT they have added & taken away, and twisted God's word to fit their doctrine.  She has to realize that and turn it back around to the original state of which it was meant to be known, and not be defeated by them or else they win twice.

the first time they were wining by deception, but she realized it,(thank God)  but now if she stops believing completely in God's word and what's in the bible, because of that deception then satan can still win by taking her soul if she becomes an unbeliever.

We have to remember that there is alot of lies mixed with the Truth here, so it's not easy.

Simon
    Participant

That's exactly what I said lol

KF
    Participant

Simon wrote:

That's exactly what I said lol

yeah well you forgot the soap…lol

Simon
    Participant

sanitizer is better

KF
    Participant

Simon wrote:

sanitizer is better

that's it….. I through in the towel!

Liberty
    Participant

Kim wrote:

I know what your both saying, but what I am saying is that not everything that she was taught is 100% inaccurate.    First and foremost it is quoted from the bible.  Those are the words of God, BUT they have added & taken away, and twisted God's word to fit their doctrine.  She has to realize that and turn it back around to the original state of which it was meant to be known, and not be defeated by them or else they win twice.

the first time they were wining by deception, but she realized it,(thank God)  but now if she stops believing completely in God's word and what's in the bible, because of that deception then satan can still win by taking her soul if she becomes an unbeliever.

We have to remember that there is alot of lies mixed with the Truth here, so it's not easy.

I'm not really sure how to respond to that.

I'm don't believe than I'm an unbeliever, but I suppose I'm not the best "Christian," either. I just have a different path now, and it's difficult to explain. After my experience with the wmscog , I'm just not about religious oppression/doctrine/rules when I don't believe anyone truly knows 100% how to interpret the bible or worship Christ.

jellybean
    Participant

Liberty… Thats exactly how I see things right now. I do not believe anyone understands the Bible completely just like no one understands God completely.

Sarah2013
    Participant

You have a point there, Liberty. I just feel we still should try to encourage each other. After all, we ex members got involved with Wmscog because we wanted to know more about God though it turned out to be what it is.

emil
    Participant

Simon wrote:

emil wrote:

I would be very cautious of throwing out the baby with the bath water

I do not know which is the baby here. If you mean the scripture, then I agree. I did not advocate throwing the scripture out. I refer to the interpretations of the wmscog. Once you find gross errors in so many areas of their interpretation, I wouldn't accept any of their interpretations on their own value at all. To reinterate, some of their interpretations may be right. But I would always study them carefully to find alternate interpretations if any.

Simon
    Participant

thats your loss if you reject merely because of the messenger

emil
    Participant

So be it. I can well do without their interpretation. Whatever is good is not new. Whatever is their original, is not correct.

Simon
    Participant

irreverent

emil
    Participant

I would like to know how many on this forum understand what Simon means by that word.

Simon
    Participant

My phone autocorrected should say irrelevant..

If i rejected everything I learned wmscog summarily because I learned it there if be closed to them and if they were true I’d reject truth but if I studied researched ideas ignoring the messenger if reject the falsehood holding onto what is true.

Example because of wmscog I came to believe in transubstansiation (not in name mind you) would god be happy if I ceased to believe it forever just cuz I believed it initially because of wmscog?

emil
    Participant

That is what I said earlier. Once their credibilty is suspect, one has to test every interpretation. The interpretation cannot be taken by itself. Yet if the interpreter enjoys credibility, the standard for self-testing is obviously lower.

What I posted later is that, so far, in my limited knowledge of their teachings, I have not seen one original concept of the wmscog that was correct. Whatever is correct has already been taught elsewhere. That includes transubstantiation. Perhaps you did not know it before but it is as old as Christianity itself.

Viewing 20 replies - 21 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.