Boston

• Creator
    Topic
    Sarah2013
    Participant

The wickedness of man. How can we hurt each other this way. May God be with these families.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

I haven't a clue what you're talking about.. Care to expound?

Sarah2013
    Participant

Boston Marathon: Terror explosion injuring many and killing 2.

Simon
    Participant

world full of evil ๐Ÿ™

Sarah2013
    Participant

Sad indeed. Prayers! Prayers!

Love'n Honey
    Participant

I saw a bunch of posts about it on FB after I asked. That's crazy.. =(

Sarah2013
    Participant

I know. So sad.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

The one thing I miss about being a member is the sense of life security. I wasn't afraid of what might happen because I felt like I was protected by God. I don't have that same confidence anymore.. It may have been false confidence but today I was reminded why I don't like to leave the house.

Disturbed
    Participant

@Renita…they gave us a false sense of security with the “seal”. Please don’t be afraid to live your life. With the way the world is now something could happen even if you stay home. Don’t live in fear because that is not of God. I have been reviewing my former life before cog and remembering all the things I used to enjoy. Slowly I’m bringing them all back ๐Ÿ™‚

Back to the topic at hand. May God bless all those in Boston. I hear an 8 year old boy may have been killed. I feel for his family…gone too soon

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Duh something can happen to me while I'm at home but it's less likely to happen exactly here. Places where people frequent or where a large crowd can be found tend to be the places that are attacked by crazy people. This race, the Twin Towers, embassies.. A terrorist or psycho probably isn't going to bomb a house in the boondocks.

I don't quarantine* myself in my home but I don't like to go out very often.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Yeah…. It’s crazy everywhere especially in populated places. Still we must try to execute godly courage or we’d go nuts in this day and age.

@ Disturbed: that’s Just horrifying. Wow.

Liberty
    Participant

renita.payno wrote:

The one thing I miss about being a member is the sense of life security. I wasn't afraid of what might happen because I felt like I was protected by God. I don't have that same confidence anymore.. It may have been false confidence but today I was reminded why I don't like to leave the house.

I

I know exactly what you mean Renita. I had to struggle through these same things as well.

In retrospect, I did some dumb things when I was in the wmscog. I would go to the atm alone, in the dark wintertime in LA at 11pm. Was I scared? Heck no, I had the Seal of God.

One time my friend said these "gang-bangers" (i'm not sure of the word she used) were following me. I happily let them follow me for three blocks. I didn't care.

I gave my poor mother and grandmother so much grief during this time. I tried to explain to them that I had the Seal and they didn't have to worry about me.

How stupid I was then ๐Ÿ™

How lucky am I that I had the grace of God, who protected me during my time of ignorance. And though I'm beyond happy that he did, there are some things that still don't sit right with me:

I often ask, "Why wasn't it me who was killed at that Boston marathon or movie theatre, etc? Why them and not me? Why have I escaped some freak accident, yet it will happen to some other person? I'm always asking myself and God questions such as those. Things things bother me, because I am no better than the person who got hurt/killed. Why is favor bestowed on some people and not on others?

Does it mean I have better guardian angels than those people did? I know it sounds super arrogant, but I kinda think so. I mean how else can it be explained? I just don't know why. I just know that when it's your time- then it's your time and nothing can really be done about that.  In the meantime, I'm just going to be thankful for everyday that I get, especially in good health.

So many things about this evil world that I don't understand. My heart and prayers do go out to those families. It could have been anyone.

I've always measured God's love for me in the way that he has protected me thus far. Even when I was being stupid in the examples that I cited earlier, I stil had God's protection. I don't want to get too personal in this posts, but I've been in some crazy situations that I should've died from- yet I came out unscathed.

I've had issues with the Bible. I've had issues with churches. I've had issues with religion. I've had issues with people. Yet I still know there is a God out there, because someone/something has been looking after me all my life. I can feel it. That is why I want to seek him out.

I think we do have to pray and be thankful because anything can happen to any of us at anytime.

Renita, I am sure that God's protection will still be over you. That was the whole point of my post- I just got sidetracked. He was still with all of us, even when we were in the wmscog.

Another issue I want to bring up- not trying to distract too much from the OP topic. However, I've been wodering:

When any of you were in Zion, did you hear these crazy stories about the Seal? I heard things like:

– A man in Indonesia was saved from the tsunami when thousands of those around him had died. It was because he took Passover.

– When they were constructing Reseda Zion, a large piece of wood almost fell on a brother's head. At the last minute, the wood abprutly changed directions and hit the floor without htting anyone. The brother didn't even realize what happened until the others told him about it.

– Missionary Ron and some kids in the parking lot almost got ran over, but the car stopped at the last second.

– A sister was working late one night and got locked in her building. All the oxygen was disappearing (???) and she fainted. She had a dream that "Mother" was visiting her. When she woke up, she found herself in a hospital bed. A nurse came to her and said that her mother was just here 10 minutes ago. However, this sister didn't have a physical mother. All the nurses described this woman as having an appearance that fit Zhang's. Also, this supposedly happened in the U.S., which was supposed to be the significance of "mother" miraculously appearing and disappearing without a trace.

Anyone else hear these stories? How true are they?

Questioninginla
    Participant

renita.payno wrote:

May I suggest a book on how groups use phobias to snare their members?  You may be out of a group, but it sounds like part of your brain still isn't.

Simon
    Participant

My guess is they take true events exaggerate and say mother

KF
    Participant

@Liberty
    , Renita, & Disturbed

If keeping the passover made you feel secure, why not keep it, is there not a second one coming up.  You don't need to be in the church to partake in the bread & wine. When Jesus did it he was in Mark's upper room, not in a church.  Buy yourself a bottle of wine & unleavened bread and partake.

God knows what's in your heart & your true intentions, look at the Israelites in the O.T. when God said whoever looks at the snake on top of the stick is cured.  (sorry don't remember the exact verse) anyway the point I'm trying to make is that it's not really the ''something" that protects you, but it's the word of God.

If God said so, then it is true, you just have to do it.  You won't be doing this because the WMS says to do it, you will be doing it because it's the Word of God and you believe in it with all your heart, You also need to remember that not everything you where taught was a lie, it is in the bible.   You ladies understand where I'm coming from right, do I make sense.  I hope I do ๐Ÿ™‚

You ladies are all being protected by God from the day you were born, follow that inner voice, that gut feeling you have, it's actually the Holy Spirit that lives inside each & everyone of us.

There is a reason for everything & a time for everything in this world, God did not put you 3 in similar situations for no reason, there is more to this then meets the eye, and soon you will know, when the time is right.  God bless!

Simon
    Participant

Kf is right if you believe it don’t disregard it because wmscog teaches it

truth is truth no matter who speaks it

If satan said 1+1= 2 you wouldn’t cease to believe it

Truth
    Participant

Liberty:    I heard those stories and apparently thought I even witnessed some to them.  These so called miracles that know one will speak of.   Like: "it's not what is said, it is what isn't said"  

Anyway, our mind can play many tricks on us.  It's called mind control.  If you believe it then it will happen.  Mind over matter stuff, like if there is a will there is a way type of thing.  We wanted to believe it so much of course in our mind which has control over our eyes and ears and everything that we are said okay I believe.   

We must be very careful of sublime messages in our life and use wisdom.   

Matthew 9:29

">29 Then he touched their eyes and said, “According to your faith let it be done to you”; 

Liberty
    Participant

Simon wrote:

Kf is right if you believe it don't disregard it because wmscog teaches it

truth is truth no matter who speaks it

If satan said 1+1= 2 you wouldn't cease to believe it

Simon and KF both make a good point. Truth is truth, regardless or not of who said it.

The problem is, I was greatly confused after my experience in the wmscog, and I don't know what is true and what is not. I didn't leave, because I didn't believe the bible studies anymore. I still did up until the end. I still kinda do- maybe. It was the inconsistencies about Ahn and Zhang that made me leave. It's obvious to me now that Zhang is not God. I do believe that one photo (which is all they have) of her and Ahn was photoshopped. I don't believe that they even knew each other in real life, let alone havd any romantic interest in each other. However, at wmscog, they're always talking about how Ahn and Zhang loved each other so much. Yeah Right!

But yeah, a lot of what they said about the Bible is probably true. I think Ahn was a brilliant man, no doubt.

The problem is, I'm not seeing a lot of real life evidence lining up with the bible so far. For instance. 2CC really should have come in 1948 according to Scriptures. He didn't. So I don't know how much I will allow the Bible to be a basis for my life anymore.

I don't see/feel the power in the Passover, so I don't want to celebrate it.

Simon
    Participant

I don’t think the parable of the fig tree is about israel at all

KF
    Participant

Liberty, you can not let your bad experience with the WMS keep you from believing in the bible & God's word. If you do that then they succeed in misleading not once, but twice!  You can not let satan win.

You fell…… now get up….. dust it off…… and try again.  Fight like a warrior don't give up & search for what your looking for until you are satisfied.  Stand firm in Jesus Christ!

Can you please tell me why do you think 2CC should have come in 1948.  It's not only the WMS who tells the story of the fig tree and Israel.  What scriptures are you speaking of those.    According to Jesus no one would know the hour or day so I don't understand why man always thinks he knows everything.

Jesus said Know "that it is Near"……..but near can be anytime……… he said that 2,000 years ago……just because Israel got it's country back in 1948 does not mean that God was to return that year.  Near can be after many other events that have not happen yet, begin to happen.

In My Opinion if you take what the WMS taught you and remove  Ahnsanghong & mother and the prayer of our wishes etc., and replace it with the name JESUS & OUR HEAVENLY FATHER the rest is God's truth, you saw it in the bible in black and white.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Yes, Liberty dear one, KF is right on this. Keep at that whom (God) you had believed in from the beginning. God is faithful, I promise you.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.